Everything posted by TheVelvetRope
-
Turkish police raids gay bars, detains dozens in the name of "family values"
i think I've seen this film before... Learning from his authoritanian bestie I see
-
Ciara announces she's pregnant with her 5th child
She said "If we're down just maybe, we dance like we're making babies" and she meant it
-
Do you remember your childhood?
Yes, very vivid and detailed memories. I think I remember my childhood better than what I did 2-3 years ago
-
Lady Gaga continues to show love and support for new and upcoming female artists.
I I mean, the Chromatica era was basically a BloodPop era...
- Miley's 'Slide Away' is great and deserved better
-
An AI-generated song is very close to reaching #1 on the UK chart
Let me be the devil's advocate and say that I see no problem with AI being used in dance music specifically. If you're going for a robotic, repetitive oontz oontz vibe, AI fits like a glove. Unlike with ballads where the vocals are in the front and one can (still) easily tell they're AI, I dare to say you can compare 2 dance songs from this decade and couldn't tell which one had help from AI, without looking at the year of release.
-
Thoughts on "Cockiness (Love It)" by Rihanna?
I was just streaming this today. It does get repetitive, but I love how straightforward and in-your-face (or maybe on your face?) it is
-
How do you cope with aging or make peace with getting older?
I don't cope, I enjoy it and I look forward to getting even older.
-
Delete one: Into You, Run Away with Me, Physical, Green Light or Dancing on My Own
Never got into DOMW, an absolute snoozefest
- Meghan Trainor signs with UTA; comeback imminent
-
"If" by Janet Jacksonโฆ.oh how the other girls struggled to compete
I don't stream this song as much as it deserves... literally one of the best songs [and videos (and choreographies)] of all the time!
- Troye Sivan laments (his) singing; "the fact that I have the same job as Beyoncรฉ.."
-
Is reading in public performative?
If what you're reading is THAT good that you have to read it in public too, there's no way you're reading it completely poker-faced and not show any emotion .
-
Is reading in public performative?
Only those who read while they stand in public transport 'cause all the seats are taken. Like, girl, it can't be THAT good what you're reading. Also, if you read in public without wearing noise-cancelling headphones or having your lips or face move in some way, are you even reading?
- Do you use condoms or RAW
-
Hot 100 | Final predictions (9/5/26): Texas #1 (x20), Boston #2, Jolene #16
7 out of 10 songs alone are solo songs from female artists. Do you want to go back to 2017-2018 where we had that amount of songs from solo female artists reaching the Top 10 during the ENTIRE year? No Top 10 will ever be worse than this : Billboard Hot 100 (Week of May 6, 2017) 1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You 2. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like 3. Kendrick Lamar - Humble. 4. Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times 5. The Chainsmokers, Coldplay - Something Just Like This 6. Kyle, Lil Yachty - iSpy 7. Future - Mask Off 8. Lil Uzi Vert - XO Tour Llif3 9. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road 10. The Chainsmokers - Paris
-
How many songs namedrop your fave?
Right now, she's probably up singing some White-trash version of Shania karaoke
- Bjรถrk album covers but they are all Kylie Minogue
-
Perez Hilton self-harms and has mental breakdown on TikTok live, police at his house
What does one have to do with the other? It's like saying gay folks shouldn't be on the internet 'cause they will livestream self-harming themselves, since they're also known for their mental health problems and substance use, right? Do y'all even read what you type before you hit "Submit Reply"?
- Rise in racism: UK healthcare workers called "dirty foreigners" and "monkeys"
-
50k migrants enter Spain from Morocco; Spain deploys military forces.
And to escape places which turned uninhabitable due to climate change, you migrate to ... Spain? Out of all places, with its now usual wildfires and people dying from the heatwaves? since they're definietly not heading to Northen Norway or Siberia. Make it make sense .
-
Is dynamic pricing simply unfair?
It doesn't have to be fair, it has to make $$$, as unacceptable it may seem. You have no alternative, what you're gonna do? They know it, you know it.
-
What is your favorite instant ramen flavor?
Only vegetables!
-
France: Madonna #1 with 25,491 units
First #1 since Hard Candy
-
Why did Capitol just give up on Katy?
She doesn't need Capitol, she has her own label...or had? Has anyone heard anything of Katy's label Metamorphosis Music after its launch in 2014 and the artists signed there? ๐ https://www.billboard.com/pro/katy-perry-launches-label-signs-pop-singer-ferras/