Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Your favorite vinyl/CD packages/box sets?

Featured Replies

Music can come in really cool packaging, whether it be simple but striking vinyl and CDs or elaborate special editions and boxed sets with various components.

What are some of your favorite physical music collections? Pictures (or even unboxing videos) are appreciated.

(Feel free to include physical media in general, such as movie franchises or book sets).

Britney's The Singles Collection box set was beautiful and great concept.

Madonna sex book with the foil wrap + bonus CD in the same foil wrap was sooo beautiful

Well, it will be released in Nov, but I think this is a great package for a great price (€110).

I can't wait. heart

Spice-Girls_The-Singles-Collection_CD-Bo

I looove my Grimes - Miss Anthropocene pink vinyl

(I'm really tech dumb and idk how to post a pic of it here anymore skull)

I also took a few of my grandad's old records he had of The Supremes, Carpenters etc. after he died. They aren't special or anything, just mean a lot to me and I took them before I had a record player cos I liked the art work…

I bought the cd of this nu-metal band a couple weeks ago and the packaging is like a PS2 game. Honestly one of the coolest/most fun packagings I've seen in a hot minute. I don't buy cds often but I had to cop.

IMG-9015.jpg

IMG-9016.jpg

IMG-9017.jpg

Beyonce normally always serves quality with her vinyls, especially "ACT" 1 & 2.

Xtina's, Back to Basics & Bionic Vinyl editions were beautiful.

I also love Doja Cat VIE vinyl & Janet Jackson's vinyls are all top notch quality.

I imported the UK dexlue version of the hard cover CD for Chromatica and its by far my favorite packaging.

Metallica - Death Magnetic CD. Literally the coolest booklet.

Beyoncé: Platinum Edition

Donna's live and more vinyl that has a pop-up cutout on the front, mine smells like it came from a chain smoker's house unfortunately but whatever!

s-l1600.jpg

Rihanna's "ANTI". I'm still pissed that it didn't win best album packaging at the Grammys because the concept and design is so cool.

Rihanna's "Talk That Talk" Boxset. Cool as hell. Pop girls need to start doing these kind of boxsets again.

2.JPG

1.JPG

Childish Gambino's "Because The Internet"

Jay Z & Kanye West's "Watch The Throne"

Taylor Swift's "The Life of a Showgirl" Deluxe CD. Had to give Mrs. Swift her 10s for this.

Bey's vinyl packaging

Madonna old ass ate with this collector's edition of "Hard Candy"

Olivia Rodrigo's "GUTS" Japanese Edition.

K-pop albums

etc

23 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

I bought the cd of this nu-metal band a couple weeks ago and the packaging is like a PS2 game. Honestly one of the coolest/most fun packagings I've seen in a hot minute. I don't buy cds often but I had to cop.

IMG-9015.jpg

IMG-9016.jpg

IMG-9017.jpg

Saved some of their songs thanks to this, thanks!! jamming

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Yellow Vinyl Boxset with Photobook

love love loveeee this

s-l1600.webp

Red Velvet - Feel My Rhythm Orgel Version

making a little music box version was kinda genius for this concept

91ch8BPs5-L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpgs-l1200.jpg

Red Velvet - Birthday Cake Version

same as the Red Velvet Orgel vers, just so smart

71120MsRWwL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdsWQxhsbj7TAF-2X_pSa$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

NewJeans - Get Up Bunny Beach Bag Version

this was such a fun and cool idea! and the way people decorated the bags made them super unique

66aae08a1df05fbd5f955ca949724c76.jpg2010103790-beach.jpgd65aff87739f84b734c66b762867bdfc.jpg

AESPA - Armageddon CDP Version

releasing a full blown portable CD player for your first full length album? queens

and every other group followed this format after seeing this

GORna7tWsAA4ggs.jpg:larges-l1200.jpgs-l1600.webp

Studio Ghibli - 7-inch Boxset

just always loved this

STUDIOGHIBLI-BOXSET-1.jpg?v=17622769614988008086812-A_1024x.png?v=1753281614

On 9/15/2026 at 4:20 PM, Faded said:

Britney's The Singles Collection box set was beautiful and great concept.

I wish more artists would do something like this. The concept of releasing a greatest hits as a box sex with each song packaged as an individual single with it's original art and B-side is genius.

The Future Nostalgia book and Bey's Renaissance vinyl boxset come to mind, plus Madonna's holographic Ray Of Light CD release:

LTg3NTMuanBlZw.jpeg

But generally speaking, video game music releases tend to be a lot more creative with their packaging than (western) pop artists. For example, I have this Ocarina of Time one. It has an ocarina-shaped cutout on the front, golden foil details all around including on the inner sleeves, and really cool colours for the records themselves:

HeroofTimeVinyl02.jpg?w=1600&h=1600&fit=

12321295-3214712160512217.jpg&format=web

Or this Majora's Mask one. Triple gatefold sleeve, amazing custom artwork, purple foil details, and the vinyl looks like the moon:

deluxe-1.jpg

IMG_20190922_211421.jpg?format=1500w

0024606930_10.jpg

Or this really cool Pokémon Gold & Silver one:

tmp_2F1645575094206-8beku1os2y-869482e36 braxtonburks-pokemon-coloredvinyl-2.jpg?

On 9/16/2026 at 1:25 PM, youresotoxic said:

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Yellow Vinyl Boxset with Photobook

love love loveeee this

s-l1600.webp

8 hours ago, Feanor said:

Beyonce_Beyonce_Platinum_Edition_CD_DVD_

jonny

The fact that I used to own both of these but lost them in a fire along with 90% og my stuff chick3

Marina's FROOT 7" boxset with the scratch and sniff. Always thought that was pretty cool.

what the Mechanical Animals video doesnt show is that the blue jewel case unmasks hidden text in the booklet.

Edited by Vixen Eyes

  • Author

Always did love this collection where each song is on a vinyl with its own pic from the photoshoot, and the poster is a mosaic of fans

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.