Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Is Olivia's 'drop dead' underrated?

Poll 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Is drop dead underrated?

    • Yes it's excellent
      60%
      39
    • She's cute I guess
      20%
      13
    • No it's bad
      18%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Olivia uses her lead single and opening track 'drop dead' to tell us the story of the beginning of a relationship. She transports us to a first date in a bar, with a man she instantly really likes. You can feel her euphoria and giddiness, as if she is already falling in love with someone she just met.

Rather than a catchy pop hook, Olivia uses the chorus to vividly describe a snapshot of the night, how she got here, and how she is feeling.

One night I was bored in bed
And stalked you on the internet
It's feminine intuition
'Cuz I always had a vision of us standing like this
All pressed up in the bathroom line
You're looking like an angel on the walls of Versailles
The most alive I've ever been
But kiss me and I might drop dead

Right now it looks like drop dead is being overshadowed by the two following hit singles, the cure and stupid song.

But are we overlooking a classic? Is this pop mastery at work?

image0.gif?ex=6a862418&is=6a84d298&hm=5f

It was overshadowed by the cure for me, which I think is really exceptional, but I liked drop dead a lot as well, esp the bit about the angel on the walls of Versailles

yess, I remember my first listen I didn't get it and was a little disappointed. Then the second listen it hit me. And to be honest for the last couple of months it's been sounding better than ever jonny5

It's fairly rated. It's good and works as the lead single but when you dig deep to the album, you'll realize it's not even Top 5

The other two songs are better but Drop Dead is still great and was the right pick for lead.

Imagine this NOT being an instant mega classic for you on first listen? Cant relate, I've been obsessed since 12:04am on release night

kukai

I mean it went #1 and its a lead single so I don't think it's underrated by any means. To me vampire was a stronger lead, but drop dead is aging pretty well.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.