Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Who should pay on the first date?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

If you're out to dinner, you pay for what you ordered. If you're paying for a hotel room or a mini vacation, split it evenly. 

Half (regardless what each ordered), or whoever asked the other out

Split the bill or pay for what you ordered. The concept of buying a meal for a total stranger is bizarre to me. Tbh I never get dinner on a first date, usually just a bar and in that case I/we usually take it in turns to buy rounds.

2 minutes ago, Aden said:

Neither. It's 2025. Grow up and pay for your own food.

 

 

spacer.png

how neither of you gonna pay? 

The "who pays" discourse is so boring. No shade to OP. It's long been discussed to death & for some reason, always will continue to rear its ugly head. But the notion that money is a grand gesture 1 way or another is so soulless. Culturally, we all hear more about when the cheque came than anything else & it's so depressing. Where's the romance? I'd rather cook dinner with somebody else than have them buy me a fancy meal

Whoever asked. But I will say, some of my fondest dates have been done with basically no money spent. How about we wait to be spending money at all until we've met once and the vibe appears to be good! 

Whoever invited. Cant believe some of yall are old enough to f*k but not to have common courtesy 🤦‍♂️

Lately I've been doing cooking dates, I pay for the groceries and he cooks while I drink wine

 

IMG_0055.thumb.gif.ce5b39f43e130b4928551

 

 

Personally I always pay if I ask the person out. And try to split if I was asked out or to pay outright depending on the circumstances. Either way I don't like to focus too much on this issue, it ruins the vibe. 

 

The primary reason why this became such an issue in modern society is because food prices are outrageous and people are simply aren't earning enough to dine out without taking a financial hit. In the not so distant past taking someone out cost pennies even to ordinary people. It was never something to dwell over. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.