Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

What went wrong with weeknd's "Cry For Me"

Featured Replies

I'm a radio junkie, and this plays every hour on radio so I thought this was some massive hit (as it plays more than Dancing in the Flames), so I checked spotify charts expecting to see it in the top 10, but it's NA from top 50. :dancehall: what went wrong with this era and the the main single of his brand new ablum? 

 

Spotify current daily charts:

Global: N/A

USA: N/A

Canada: N/A

UK: N/A

Australia: N/A

United Arab Emirates: #55

 

Daily streams: 

1,446,061
 

UpNTXn.gif

  • Replies 27
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ariananext
    ariananext

    I love this song, especially with headphones. The roll-out has been one of the worst I've ever seen, for both this album and Dawn FM.

  • The song is too generic tbh.

  • nnn and someone dragged me when i said him pulling Dawn FM numbers was worrying, now Timeless is the only hit he got this era and it's nowhere near as big as his major hits

Nothing stuck from his latest era.

I blame this hooded look he sports everywhere, it is reminiscent of some negative societal movements people would rather leave in the past.

  • Author
1 minute ago, jijie101 said:

The song is too generic tbh.

I low key love it. The beat goes HARD in the car. Sounds like a massive track, I expected it to perform similarly to The Hills. 

Edited by Raphy23

I love this song, especially with headphones. The roll-out has been one of the worst I've ever seen, for both this album and Dawn FM.

nnn and someone dragged me when i said him pulling Dawn FM numbers was worrying, now Timeless is the only hit he got this era and it's nowhere near as big as his major hits

27 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I'm a radio junkie, and this plays every hour on radio so I thought this was some massive hit (as it plays more than Dancing in the Flames), so I checked spotify charts expecting to see it in the top 10, but it's NA from top 50. :dancehall: what went wrong with this era and the the main single of his brand new ablum? 

 

they went hard on this here, i think it managed to get playlisting across three bbc national stations and it still dropped like a stone. 

 

tbh i'm going to say it's not very good lol, i'm an extremely part time weeknd fan but it always helps to write a tune

I don't know, I think he was kinda starting to fade and then Blinding Lights put him back in the spotlight but that's kinda over, which is a shame because Dawn FM and the last album are my favourite from him (although the last one is a bit bloated)

 

Curious to see how his music without The Weekend persona will sound like.

you have"new" The Weeknd song but its just like the old one

 

Love this song (especially the production) but I kinda had a feeling it wouldn't resonate. The brazilian funk influences and the beat switches at the end of the song might be too jarring for the GP.

Maybe because his music for the last 9 years has sounded the same… it's really not that confusing.

not that catchy , clunky production , noisy & not top40 friendly. 

It could have been saved by a great music video but he gave us that low effort dogshit so he gets what he deserved

 

the timeless video was also low effort

I don't know, it's a bop. I guess the GP are tired of that sound from him.

Edited by Jay07

  • Author
2 hours ago, thirdward said:

it sucks, too much going on 

 

19 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

not that catchy , clunky production , noisy & not top40 friendly. 

noisy where? all I hear is some synths and a few rnb-pop type beats. 

4 hours ago, Europe said:

I blame this hooded look he sports everywhere, it is reminiscent of some negative societal movements people would rather leave in the past.

hi!

 

what did you mean by this?

  • Author
4 minutes ago, yonsé said:

hi!

 

what did you mean by this?

Religious cults.

 

715c7bf597be8ebf84f51b2b0745466b.jpg

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.