April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479198 Games section has fully moved onto discord. Pokemon stanbase is dead. December 2023 I had 60+ ballots for a pokemon rate. My 2024 rates had ~25 and my current rate has 5 ballots. I created an ATRL account so I could join the Pokémon rates. Those rates really were events. Entertainment section is now just ~10 threads that have consistent activity. YTT is ~20 members but active. Not sure of that section's future. Very disconnected from the rest of the site. Idk how this can work in a discord environment. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479198 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479200 Thanks @Ryan for the hard work on keeping the site Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479200 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479209 8 minutes ago, Ryan said: This weekend I'm going to discuss with @Lee!! and the mods the idea of potentially launching a new (interim) site. honestly atp I'm much more interested in the discord, any news on that? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479209 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479234 the sections might not work but the tags still do Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479234 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479267 1 hour ago, PokiTails said: Games section has fully moved onto discord. Pokemon stanbase is dead. December 2023 I had 60+ ballots for a pokemon rate. My 2024 rates had ~25 and my current rate has 5 ballots. I created an ATRL account so I could join the Pokémon rates. Those rates really were events. Entertainment section is now just ~10 threads that have consistent activity. YTT is ~20 members but active. Not sure of that section's future. Very disconnected from the rest of the site. Idk how this can work in a discord environment. Like I won't lie YTT was only reason I joined atrl back in 2007, if they decide to not bring it along to another site I probably would be upset considering that's one of my favourite things about this site. Like that would make me not wanna sign up if it does decide to switch over, however I know I will since I'm loyal to this site Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479267 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479305 9 hours ago, noodlelymph said: Wait what's "newtrl?" just a dream that some of us have... Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479305 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479308 3 hours ago, Ubermensch said: Jokes aside ATRL has dwindled down and become tight-knit to such a degree where we would only need like 3 groups to be on board to successfully relocate to a forum where the people maintaining the website are the ones profiting. Everything on here now naturally orbits around liddos, chart people, and the old userbase. ATRL is niche in online music discourse but it's insanely important to that niche, get one or two of the big stan accounts to tweet about the change for an initial engagement boost and 2TRL would have a fighting chance. Users could import their own ATRL profile data if they really want to. This is the only large online community I have ever heard of where the people steering the ship get literally zero support. Time to open a patreon for the ATRL discord with no official connection to the forum itself and go from there. Like we really appreciate the two of you fighting for ATRL like this but at some point it starts looking like masochism. This is what I like to hear. A concrete plan and a sound case study. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479308 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479375 I am waiting for discord, but on other hand a bit afraid that it will gonna put a final nail in this coffin So hope its just an extra place to be when this is offline/until decision is made for the future. Otherwise it could be the end for atrl as a forum Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479375 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479380 The site only works in safari for me chrome the trash u are Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479380 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479425 On 4/9/2025 at 10:06 AM, Jay07 said: Honestly, please at least consider doing a survey about people joining a new site. I know ATRL is a strong brand but the true asset of this board is (I can't believe I'm saying this) its members and the banter. I would join a new site in a heartbeat, even if it was called SwiftLand. The constant issues are truly torturous because the site is not fully down but sort of half existing in a purgatory of constant ads and slow loading times so you can sort of access it but not really. The owner not giving a **** about his own site and the discomfort of hundreds of members even though they give him some income just adds insult to injury. Still, your dedication and hard work is appreciated, I know I couldn't do it. totally agree with this, let's have a survey and i'm sure vast majority of active users would've transferred to a new, working site if most ppl from og atrl & mods moved as well. appreciate all the mods' work for keeping this site half-alive... i'd def buy a subscription to support your work, not the owner's who gives rat's ass. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479425 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_27479427 The site is down so much, the bookmark in my most visited pages has been renamed Error I'm not even joking. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479427 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479520 move everything to the roof Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479520 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479600 i'm curious, whenever this happens does a mod or someone behind the scenes have to manually restart the server each time? Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479600 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr Popular Post comment_27479667 I wonder if Marina's new studio album is titled Princess of Power Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479667 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479687 Not Marina crashing the servers Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479687 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr ATRL Moderator comment_27479743 Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479743 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479778 Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479778 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479811 33 minutes ago, Antisocialites said: I wonder if Marina's new studio album is titled Princess of Power The fact that they are not from just one person but from like 5 different users Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479811 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27479877 This is beyond ridiculous, how can a site with such a large userbase continue to be inoperable for such long periods of time despite multiple attempts of trying to fix this damn issue? Can y'all please, at the very least, turn off guest access for the Coachella weekend, if not longer as a temporary fix? Clearly that has been the root cause behind the site breaking and all the consequent errors ever since it was enabled. We can't even look forward anymore to discussing such a major pop culture event that some of our fave artists are headlining or are a part of without waiting for hours on end for the site to go back up online, only to revert to the same tragic state again shortly after. Shame. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27479877 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480019 I'm still baffled by the fact that someone recently made a thread with a made up news story about former Sugababes member Amelle Berrabah going missing at sea Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480019 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480071 the way users carry on with their posts and threads can we get an estimated timeline for when this issue will be resolved? rr, as Ryan mentioned, should we just wait until the owner returns? I really do think creating a new one is the way to go. I'm pretty confident it would do really well—unless it ends up with a cringe name like Church of Pop—and eventually be VERY profitable. That said, building a site like this isn't something you can do in a week, so I'm not really in a position to dive too deep into it right now. But I've seen plenty of cases where new sites take off—though in those cases, the new owner had been laying the groundwork behind the scenes for quite a while. Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480071 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480216 Yeah, if the owner doesn't give a ****, it's better to move to another place tbh Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480216 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480247 The place where I work uses Discord, so I gotta make a dupe account if I wanna join into that project Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480247 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480426 The way there's like 5 minutes every day where the site runs completely smoothly with every section loading. And then it stops working again... this is just evil Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480426 Share this post
April 10, 20251 yr comment_27480442 On 4/9/2025 at 1:06 AM, Jay07 said: Honestly, please at least consider doing a survey about people joining a new site. I know ATRL is a strong brand but the true asset of this board is (I can't believe I'm saying this) its members and the banter. I would join a new site in a heartbeat, even if it was called SwiftLand. Sounds good to me I'm able to access about once every three days Link to comment https://atrl.net/forums/topic/498676-the-hq-thread-2025/page/102/#findComment-27480442 Share this post