Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Spotify recommended me AI songs

Featured Replies

So I was listening to "Sports Car" and I had that shuffle/radio thingy on and Spotify recommended me two "artists". I saved those songs and JUST now realised they are AI. I went to their page to see more about them and I was shook for a moment but not surprised. What the hell we gon do now? They have a whole instagram page and pretend they do concerts and stuff :deadbanana: I wouldn't catch it if they didn't have these AI generated artworks lmao
 

Share if you had a similar experience :gaycat4:
 

 

 

I haven't really had a similar experience yet, but I'm worried I will soon enough, even on Apple Music. Recent news about entire AI generated artists has been a bit gross and worrying. I've started to rely more on discussion forums for recommendations again as a result, but the progressive digital rot of AI will start to get to those soon, too (as if it hasn't already).

Spotify has always did an amazing curation for my mixes and playlists and I've always loved that about them. To know this is happening within the app makes me worry, this is not a reality I wanna live in :gaycat6:

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I haven't really had a similar experience yet, but I'm worried I will soon enough, even on Apple Music. Recent news about entire AI generated artists has been a bit gross and worrying. I've started to rely more on discussion forums for recommendations again as a result, but the progressive digital rot of AI will start to get to those soon, too (as if it hasn't already).

By the end of this decade we will discuss "favorite main AI pop girl". Watch them have virtual Las Vegas residencies or something :deadbanana:

I can't believe they are allowing AI songs and on top of that not labeling them, it's ridiculous 

 

I don't wanna listen to AI music, is stolen music and extremely unethical, and most of the time is generic trash

 

It's going to destroy de industry even the major popstars are going to be affected pretty soon

This is gonna be what's gonna tip me over to start using Apple Music and cancel my Spotify subscription. Spotify was perfectly fine before they started introducing all this clutter into the app. Seriously all the AI music is **** and generic AF. 

I mean kinda rooting for Aria Sai, but yes this is a disaster 

2 minutes ago, Verandi said:

This is gonna be what's gonna tip me over to start using Apple Music and cancel my Spotify subscription. Spotify was perfectly fine before they started introducing all this clutter into the app. Seriously all the AI music is **** and generic AF. 


There are people in reddit uploading 1000s AI tracks per week to spotify made by suno and udio

 

They prompt them and are glitchy AF

 

Soon if not already most of the music in Spotify will be AI

 

It will be like an AI graveyard of trash

This is terrible. Art and AI should simply NOT co-exist. This was not supposed to happen — it's out of control at this point.

What makes me the most curious is what if these AI artists become so advanced that in the future everyone can have a personalized meet & greet with video and virtual autograph. What if you can attend a personalized tour show where you get to decide what tracks they play and what tracks by other artists will they cover, what outfits they will wear.

this is why i use rym to check the legitimacy of new artists that come on autoplay

12 minutes ago, poki said:

What makes me the most curious is what if these AI artists become so advanced that in the future everyone can have a personalized meet & greet with video and virtual autograph. What if you can attend a personalized tour show where you get to decide what tracks they play and what tracks by other artists will they cover, what outfits they will wear.


Tbh what's the point of having an interaction with a fake artist made by a computer?

 

Like I would feel stupid being a fan of an artist made by a pompt.

 

But it's really interesting how real artists are going to differentiate from the AI fake ones, especially since AI might go to a whole new level soon.

1 minute ago, Trent W said:


Tbh what's the point of having an interaction with a fake artist made by a computer?

 

Like I would feel stupid being a fan of an artist made by a pompt.

 

But it's really interesting how real artists are going to differentiate from the AI fake ones, especially since AI might go to a whole new level soon.

Even with real artists, there will be a point where we will never believe that they wrote or sung the song because AI can do it perfectly one day

38 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Even with real artists, there will be a point where we will never believe that they wrote or sung the song because AI can do it perfectly one day

It's deeply encoded into AI tracks when they are AI generated 

 

Spotify and other streaming services know its done by AI, the problem is that they are allowing them

 

There is already technology to detect when a human did it or an ai generator

Edited by Trent W

Spotify CEO already announced ages ago that he's allowing AI songs on the platform. It sucks but it's not anything new or surprising. 

a little creepy ngl  it's why I mainly use spotify just for my So Good streaming and use Apple music for listening

Depressing as hell.

 

If you want to support artists, go to their shows, buy their physical products and merch. It's the only way to make a living and keep making music.

the naughty eyes one is actually kinda bumping a bit :rip: 

 

noah fence, but there's already so many real human artists, why would I want to listen to AI slop? I would however be interested in artists using AI to play off and develop ideas, etc., but I don't think I'd ever be down for a purely AI artist that's basically an auto generated, literally soulless mess? nah

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.