Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Could you stan an AI popstar?

Featured Replies

With AI becoming more advanced and personal, and all the deepfake music videos and influencers, could AI be the next pop star? Will one go platinum? 
 

I can't help but wonder, how will this impact the culture of fanbases and online communities? Will it make the forums less intense or are we going to see even more shirtless beefy male avatars going off? So, what will it take for the first ai POPSTAR to go viral?

Edited by BlossomSoul

If people on here listen to Ava Max, then I don't see why not. 

Honestly no
 

Also there can't be an AI main popstar when anyone can do their own with a few sentences in a prompt

 

It's kind of redundant 

If the songs are good I would stream, but I would NEVER stan an AI Popstar, for me to stan someone it takes more than good songs, I need personality, I need presence, I need relatability, and AI can't give me that.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Trent W said:

Honestly no
 

Also there can't be an AI main popstar when anyone can do their own with a few sentences in a prompt

 

It's kind of redundant 

Anyone can release a song or video these days and still certain ones go viral while others don't 

I could not, but there are people on this forum who unironically love 143, so

43 minutes ago, BlossomSoul said:

Anyone can release a song or video these days and still certain ones go viral while others don't 

 

Not anyone, you still songwriting, producing and composing skills to pull it off even in a moderate success level

 

There are a lot of musicians out there but still a small percentage overall

 

An AI popstar is redundant since you need no skill to create one

 

There is nothing interesting about what a person with a prompt can do

34 minutes ago, Trent W said:

 

Not anyone, you still songwriting, producing and composing skills to pull it off even in a moderate success level

 

There are a lot of musicians out there but still a small percentage overall

 

An AI popstar is redundant since you need no skill to create one

 

There is nothing interesting about what a person with a prompt can do

Spotify literally had a major issue where people were making money from millions of streams from fake artists who were AI. Like it's happening right now. 
https://theweek.com/tech/spotify-fake-bands

 

I would check her music but I only stan livin things lmfao
Would u stan a refrigerator or a table and have an emotional connection with her?
  and think about her life and dreams and interests

LovePuppy-Female.thumb.gif.fcf6ce05f66d2

Edited by AvadaKedavra

probably not, unless it's like a really cute hyun look a like but even then i'd rather stan the real thing yknow? 

 

 

It's already a thing in K-Pop (PLAVE, MAVE:, etc), so I won't be surprised if an AI popstar breaks out,

 

No, because I appreciate the artistry that goes into crafting songs and the craft of songwriting by hand (which is why I stan Gaga, Kesha, Lana…) but I don't think the masses really care, especially now that playlisting is so automated

some of you have a very surface level understanding of AI. you can't just type in a chatGPT box and have a famous singer pop out. an AI popstar is still going to be managed, creatively and otherwise, by humans. and the k-pop industry is a good indicator of what it will look like when we get there.

I would stan the music, but not the robot who they use to present it since it is not created by that robot but the creative team behind it.

Edited by Europe

I might listen to the music but I would never stan :rip: How can you stan something that isn't even a human?

Only miss Ashley O :alexz:

 

Edited by WalkingOnAir

I went through a Miku/Vocaloid phase during high school so yeah it's totally possible :redface:

YES! 

If the music is good. Why not? I don't care if it's made by a human, chicken or computer.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.