Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Kesha - "DELUSIONAL"

Featured Replies

Sounds so good in HQ!
 

Way better than in that two minute-snippet she shared months ago, the LQ vocal production/mixing was my biggest issue.

 

Edited by TomTom

  • Replies 912
  • Views 44.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mr. Blue_Shirt
    Mr. Blue_Shirt

    She spent all of her money on Joyride MV, so she used the remaining $7 on an AI software monthly subscription, i guess  

  • I can see the headlines now…   "'Kesha launches important discussions regarding the prevalence of AI in art'   "I wanted to draw attention to the use of AI in replacement of practi

  • Guys… she just followed me on Twitter. I'm shaking 

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

Sounds so good in HQ!
 

Way better than in that two minute-snippet she shared months ago, the LQ vocal production/mixing was my biggest issue.

 

Wait lol this is the same snippet that's been up on that leak website for a while now. I wonder if someone on her team spread the snippets to fans ahead of release. 

The way I just know it will be my favourite Kesha song in a while... :jonnykin:

2 hours ago, TomTom said:

Sounds so good in HQ!
 

Way better than in that two minute-snippet she shared months ago, the LQ vocal production/mixing was my biggest issue.

 

idk about "best song yet"... but we're perched! :giraffe:

9 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

you did not just say that about one of my fav Kesha songs from the last 5 years :chick2:

i never knew about it getting pushed back, etc part.

 

who/what is the Eat the Acid publisher?

 

9 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

you did not just say that about one of my fav Kesha songs from the last 5 years :chick2:

i never knew about it getting pushed back, etc part.

 

who/what is the Eat the Acid publisher?

I'm pretty sure it's Kesha's.

3 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

idk about "best song yet"... but we're perched! :giraffe:

Not her being delusional about a song called delusional... very meta of her.

 

It does sound a lot more promising in HQ though, pity the chorus is still so blergh. Although I could see the GP/Hot AC crowd eating this up if it gets the right exposure. 

Edited by CroNich

I'm happy she believes in this song but I still don't think it's the right one. :rip: Excited anyways.

you should pay me for all the hours that i let you in the presence of my powerrrr

5 hours ago, Scandalous said:

wtf is a Brat soundtrack?

Bratz* as in the doll brand

Well it's very radio friendly and I guess they go for that with this one. It sounds promising even tho not my fav Kesha song based on the snippets. Still perched!

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

Does this come out local time?

I read somewhere it's midnight local time but i'm not sure 

2 hours ago, CroNich said:

Does this come out local time?

I don't think it has been promoted enough to be a WW release.

38 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

where's the real cover? i'm starting to worry

Same :rip: 

This song seems so vanilla and basic — like, late-career P!nk soccer mom level basic — that on the one hand, it seems like a confusing and regressive follow up to Joyride, but on the other hand, it may be the HAC hit people want from her given that Praying and that Macklemore feature were her last big hits.

 

I'm not perched for this, but I'm ready for Boy Crazy

9 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

This song seems so vanilla and basic — like, late-career P!nk soccer mom level basic — that on the one hand, it seems like a confusing and regressive follow up to Joyride, but on the other hand, it may be the HAC hit people want from her given that Praying and that Macklemore feature were her last big hits.

 

I'm not perched for this, but I'm ready for Boy Crazy

I disagree. It's giving Warrior vibes imo and it reminds me of songs like Animal, very anthemic feel good Pop.

 

Kesha will never go full electronic and hyperpop, that's just not who she is. She has rock, country, ballad sensibilities... Some of y'all are a bit delulu and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

4 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

I disagree. It's giving Warrior vibes imo and it reminds me of songs like Animal, very anthemic feel good Pop.

 

Kesha will never go full electronic and hyperpop, that's just not who she is. She has rock, country, ballad sensibilities... Some of y'all are a bit delulu and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Girl I'm a day one Kesha stan, I know she has excellent rock/country capabilities, but I'm not hearing that on Delusional IMO. It's just giving basic pop track, I maintain P!nk is the best reference point for it, no special genre shift or rocker vibes. But I'm happy to be proven wrong and glad you're getting Animal teas! 

Just now, HeavyMetalAura said:

Girl I'm a day one Kesha stan, I know she has excellent rock/country capabilities, but I'm not hearing that on Delusional IMO. It's just giving basic pop track, I maintain P!nk is the best reference point for it, no special genre shift or rocker vibes. But I'm happy to be proven wrong and glad you're getting Animal teas! 

No worries, I know where you are coming from, and most of y'all already underplaying the song before listening to it... It's just that you want the best for her from a commercial/artistic perspective and want her to go with an specific sound that is not this one. :gaycat3:

 

But the leaks and Cathedral tell us that the album is going to be sonically diverse. Give Delusional a chance, girlies. :gaycat6:

 

I love uplifting Kesha songs like this one and the lyrics are cheeky like JOYRIDE's. I'm kinda obsessed with the theme of dumping someone who's wronged you in Pop songs. I stan the Leave (Get Out) and Too Little, Too Late chanteuse after all. :chick2:

35 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

This song seems so vanilla and basic — like, late-career P!nk soccer mom level basic — that on the one hand, it seems like a confusing and regressive follow up to Joyride, but on the other hand, it may be the HAC hit people want from her given that Praying and that Macklemore feature were her last big hits.

 

I'm not perched for this, but I'm ready for Boy Crazy

I have to say, I really disagree with all of this and agree with everything @ChooseyLover said. 

 

As an initial matter, P!nk's output for the last 10+ years has been leagues more basic than Kesha could ever be. Delusional for sure is a rather safe song for Kesha standards, but that's still way more interesting than "basic" songs from many other artists, at least in my opinion. Even Kesha has more "basic" songs than Delusional. Comparing it to P!nk is almost offensive towards Kesha to me. 

 

The comparison with Praying and Good Old Days is really off. Those were slow, serious and lyrically broadly relatable songs. Delusional is an upbeat pop song about a breakup, it's clearly reminiscent of Warrior. Could be the poppier sister of Thinking Of You without the rock elements. She hasn't released something like this since Warrior. 

 

This song being "too safe" is kind of a weird complaint to me because I vividly remember how most people said Raising Hell suffered from overproduction and messiness and that was the last time she attempted to release something "safe" in the vein of early 2010s Kesha with mainstream appeal. 

 

Viewing Delusional through the lens of Joyride seems wrong to me because it's clear this album isn't centered around Joyride. If I remember correctly, she teased Delusional long before Joyride got released. The unexpected success of Joyride may have made it seem like the whole album is centered around Joyride sonically, but I don't think that has ever been the intention. I know one of the insiders said there is a track similar to Joyride on the album, but that's probably it. 

Edited by TomTom

6 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I have to say, I really disagree with all of this and agree with everything @ChooseyLover said. 

 

As an initial matter, P!nk's output for the last 10+ years has been leagues more basic than Kesha could ever be. Delusional for sure is a rather safe song for Kesha standards, but that's still way more interesting than "basic" songs from many other artists, at least in my opinion. Even Kesha has more "basic" songs than Delusional. Comparing it to P!nk is almost offensive towards Kesha to me. 

 

The comparison with Praying and Good Old Days is really off. Those were slow, serious and lyrically broadly relatable songs. Delusional is an upbeat pop song about a breakup, it's clearly reminiscent of Warrior. Could be the poppier sister of Thinking Of You without the rock elements. She hasn't released something like this since Warrior. 

 

This song being "too safe" is kind of a weird complaint to me because I vividly remember how most people said Raising Hell suffered from overproduction and messiness and that was the last time she attempted to release something "safe" in the vein of early 2010s Kesha with mainstream appeal. 

 

Viewing Delusional through the lens of Joyride seems wrong to me because it's clear this album isn't centered around Joyride. If I remember correctly, she teased Delusional long before Joyride got released. The unexpected success of Joyride may have made it seem like the whole album is centered around Joyride sonically, but I don't think that has ever been the intention. I know one of the insiders said there is a track similar to Joyride on the album, but that's probably it. 

The comparison to Praying/Good Old Days is a relative comparison to Joyride. IMO a public who enjoyed those two songs is more likely to support a Delusional than a Joyride, that's all I meant. 
 

I won't comment on the rest because I don't agree and it's a just a matter of an opinion which I already gave, just wanted to clear that up.

41 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

This song seems so vanilla and basic — like, late-career P!nk soccer mom level basic — that on the one hand, it seems like a confusing and regressive follow up to Joyride, but on the other hand, it may be the HAC hit people want from her given that Praying and that Macklemore feature were her last big hits.

 

I'm not perched for this, but I'm ready for Boy Crazy

I agree with this outlook, but I also think an HAC hit might be the goal here. It's palatable and will re-introduce her to a broader audience. There's a reason P!nk has the highest grossing female tour of the year.

 

I think that's why most of us wanted that folk album follow up after Rainbow. It was a sound that was clearly resonating with the GP. Though I agree with Tom that this kind of doesn't really fall into the same sonic category. It's more basic but it's not like, an emotional power ballad. Definitely more Warrior vibes, and I've really warmed up to it over the past week. It's catchy, easy, and digestible, while also having a little bit of that Kesha wit. 

 

What I'm more concerned about is another album that's all over the place sonically. What made Rainbow and Gag Order her two best records was a cohesive through line. The idea of an album having a song like JOYRIDE and a song like Cathedral with this track somewhere in between, mixed in with Boy Crazy and the cunty Yeehaw song Sam has been teasing has me feeling High Road flashbacks :rip: But who knows! I'm excited either way. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.