Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

JFAD bombed, is Wicked next?

Featured Replies

I'm scared. As a huge fan of Gaga and Ariana, I don't want them both to have a flop movie (critically and commercially) in the same year. Knowing that Wicked is also a musical, is the sis Ariana safe? :dancehall2:

  • Replies 47
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Wicked is a musical that is being adapted as a musical, and not a sequel to a movie targeted at men that switched tone and became a musical.   I'd be very surprised if Wicked flops.

  • I have a feeling Wicked will be a SMASH tbh! It already looks promising 

  • Well Wicked is a known musical and not an impromptu concert for Lady Gaga in the middle of a poorly written movie.

It's the most promoted movie of the year

and that's nowhere near all

 

There is no way it could bomb

I have a feeling Wicked will be a SMASH tbh! It already looks promising 

Unless Glinda and Cynthia show up for a few seconds and disappear into thin air, defying gravity, in the movie, I doubt that it's going to be panned. At worst it will have slightly mixed reviews me thinks :mandown:

 

spacer.png

  • Popular Post

Wicked is a musical that is being adapted as a musical, and not a sequel to a movie targeted at men that switched tone and became a musical.

 

I'd be very surprised if Wicked flops.

no i do think it will smash. i think as more time goes on, im more inclined to think ill not only watch it, but ill love it! :giraffe:

Wicked has a built in fanbase, people who love the characters and the songs and know it's a musical. It's not an unnecessary comic book sequel. If I was worried about something, it would be the length and it being two parts but it looks really good so far so I think it will be a hit.

It looks like one of those trash Disney live-action remakes from the pits of hell that the GP is gonna eat up. 

not people trying to drag Ari into the bomb fest, this movie is very anticipated and movie goers already know what they're going in for. It will do numbers :flower:

Well Wicked is a known musical and not an impromptu concert for Lady Gaga in the middle of a poorly written movie.

No, people expect it to be a musical+ this has a much larger target audience 

I mean anyone watching Wicked knows what to expect... It's not alienating anyone so I don't think it'll flop.

I think it will also flop tbh but I will be seated regardless 

It looks promising, so I will be watching regardless. Ariana has grown alot on me lately ngl.

It will flop. It has a musical fanbase but not that big. I mean not as big as superhero movies. It's hard for blockbuster movies these days.

 

Just don't expect anything.

Two completely different audiences and you know it. It's going to smash (even in comparison to the Joker) 

Probably, but for different reasons. The movie just doesn't seem like something the public will latch onto, though I could be wrong because it does look a lot of fun.

Is it still split into 2 parts but not being advertised as such? :biblio:

Wicked is a beloved musical that people have known for over 20 years. My only concern is that they split it into two parts, that seems unnecessary. 

I don't know if there are enough cash for two movies but it will probably do well (mostly North America) than Worldwide. It could hit Wonka levels as it is position the same way for family and kids at Christmas time. Can it repeat? No idea.

I feel like it will smash tho. The trailer looks so promising and the marketing is good. I think it will gross around ~$500M

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.