• SayIt

• mike_int

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

fad nostalgia wishes she had the melodies of radical grammys

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

FACTS baby!

Every single so far HAS ATE. Absolute musicality! 

15 minutes ago, Soul Glitch said:

whats ur fav track?

houdini is a masterpiece 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

• Like 1

Dance The Night > Houdini > TS > Illusion

• Confused 1

Illusion: groundbreaking, addictive, grammy darling, SOTY, smash

Houdini: talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before

Training Season: bop of all bops

Dance: The Night (Off The Album)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I really like all three songs, but am hoping for a song or two where Danny and Kevin went all out, Houdini is close to that imo, but I'm sure they could go harder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Dance The Night > Houdini > TS > Illusion

You have it backwards. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joyride said:

something about this is giving me two part project tbh

Chaos Theory is still coming

Dua Lipa Grammy GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Perfect Illusion is pure garb-age.  The instrumental of Houdini and Training Season are miles better

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 2

What I would like from her for the next album (as it doesn't seem it's happening here) is to go a bit more deep/personal lyric-wise. I don't need storytelling or some Adele type broken hearted ballads but just some vulnerability/spirituality/whatever...

Everything has been about love/men/dating for a while now.

Next lead single needs to titled Nietzsche :WAP:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tost1 said:

What I would like from her for the next album (as it doesn't seem it's happening here) is to go a bit more deep/personal lyric-wise. I don't need storytelling or some Adele type broken hearted ballads but just some vulnerability/spirituality/whatever...

that wouldn't sell, she needs to sing about Duolingo.

1 hour ago, tost1 said:

Same, I thought we were getting that this era, but…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sneakyishere said:

I really like all three songs, but am hoping for a song or two where Danny and Kevin went all out, Houdini is close to that imo, but I'm sure they could go harder

She mentioned "End Of An Era" being "fun and dance-y" and the "maddest one" when they were mixing it. She also said she kept listening to that track over and over again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sneakyishere said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I think Kevin and Danny tried to make standard fitting pop songs for her 

• Like 1

I really hope the Curacao blue vinyl is as pretty in real life as it is online 

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I really hope the Curacao blue vinyl is as pretty in real life as it is online 

I think it will be nice, quite similar to Tove Lo turquise translucent one I think

Edited by mike_int

:clap3:

Im still wondering what could be Radical Optimism 1st day streams at Spotify 

I predict Houdini & TS doing 2.5 each & Illusion 3.5 that's 8.5 million just the 3 singles the rest of the 8 new songs doing arround 1 - 1.5 million each…. So arround 20 million debut ?? 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the fan base will enjoy this album more in retrospect. Like once she finishes the era and starts the DL4 era and maybe it will be more successful, people will look back on this era with fondness. It reminds me of Rated R by Rih. At the time ppl were not vibing with it and everyone was shook because she just came off of Good Girl Gone Bad which scored her hit after hit whereas Rated R only really had Hard and Rude Boy that were true hits but soon after, once fans were reassured that Rih was not done commercially with the smashing of the Loud era, they started viewing Rated R with a LOT of fondness. I hope the same happens to Radical Optimism...but in order for that to happen she kind of has to move on from the era relatively quickly. I'm hoping we get DL4 by early 2026 tbh. It can't be another 4 year gap. It needs to be a max of 2 years if not even quicker. Radical Optimism is clearly not the type of era you milk to its fullest extent. Give the fans one more single post album release (4 singles, 4 mvs in total) and then maybe do a re release with a final 5th single and mv, tour and then move on to DL4 and make sure it is more US centered to not fully lose that audience....she worked SO hard to gain the American audience...she can't just let them go like that. Hopefully DL4 taps into her more darker vocal register and she does a bit of RnB tinged pop music with some big rap features like Drake and Doja Cat or something. Make it her Love Angel Music Baby  Loose era. Get inspiration from her two idols Gwen and Nelly Furtado and regain that american audience once again.

15 hours ago, tost1 said:

thank you! she needs to mix it up thematically. she is also saying goodbye to her 20s soon. It's time for the themes to mature a little. Obviously she can still sing about love and all that stuff but I would LOVE to hear more songs about spirtuality, her thoughts on different issues, philosophy etc...think of Madonna's Ray of Light album....a lot of it was about love but you'd also get some really introspective songs about mental health, society, religion, her child etc...

6 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

:clap3:

Im still wondering what could be Radical Optimism 1st day streams at Spotify 

I predict Houdini & TS doing 2.5 each & Illusion 3.5 that's 8.5 million just the 3 singles the rest of the 8 new songs doing arround 1 - 1.5 million each…. So arround 20 million debut ?? 

I'm praying for 2.5M streams per song in average for that 28M stream debut 

but if there is no hit… :rip:

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

thank you! she needs to mix it up thematically. she is also saying goodbye to her 20s soon. It's time for the themes to mature a little. Obviously she can still sing about love and all that stuff but I would LOVE to hear more songs about spirtuality, her thoughts on different issues, philosophy etc...think of Madonna's Ray of Light album....a lot of it was about love but you'd also get some really introspective songs about mental health, society, religion, her child etc...

Yes? But at the same time I am so, so thankful she didn't try going woke or too worldly tbh. Like BWBB was awful enough; imagine an album like Lose + Flop? A nightmare

But I agree nonetheless. The lyrics are lacking and I know she's smarter / More interesting than what she's singing about 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Yes? But at the same time I am so, so thankful she didn't try going woke or too worldly tbh. Like BWBB was awful enough; imagine an album like Lose + Flop? A nightmare

But I agree nonetheless. The lyrics are lacking and I know she's smarter / More interesting than what she's singing about 

Yeah totally agree! I don't want music with a message being preached on us. Idk if u know of this French artist called Mylene Farmer but her music is so interesting. She's older now but her early work is so poetic. She made pop music but with so much layers. Psychological themes, darker themes, themes about death, passing on, psychology behind sex, murder, religion etc…it was such fascinating music thematically…obviously I don't want her to necessarily go that deep if it's not organic to her because it could come across as too try hard but at the same time I don't want her to stay in a shallow, on the nose woke themes like BWBB whenever she veers away from the topic of love. There's other cooler places and topics to sing about without seeming surface level. I know Dua's got that depth in her 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Yeah totally agree! I don't want music with a message being preached on us. Idk if u know of this French artist called Mylene Farmer but her music is so interesting. She's older now but her early work is so poetic. She made pop music but with so much layers. Psychological themes, darker themes, themes about death, passing on, psychology behind sex, murder, religion etc…it was such fascinating music thematically…obviously I don't want her to necessarily go that deep if it's not organic to her because it could come across as too try hard but at the same time I don't want her to stay in a shallow, on the nose woke themes like BWBB whenever she veers away from the topic of love. There's other cooler places and topics to sing about without seeming surface level. I know Dua's got that depth in her 

Interesting  - ty for the reco :)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

OMG mylene is that ***** 

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.