Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Crazy how both TS and Houdini do like ~300k more than lovin on me :deadbanana: not Jack shade but moreso really underlining that Dua still has great longevity

 

anyways imo Houdini > TS live versions > Illusion > TS

this album shaping up to be amazing but I do hope for more in the vain of Houdini which isn't necessarily a psychedelic song but has clear elements that the other 2 have far less of

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 835.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

12 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Track lengths:

 

End Of An Era - 3:16

Houdini - 3:05

Training Season - 3:29

These Walls - 3:37

Watcha Doing - 3:18

French Exit - 3:21

Illusion - 3:08

Falling Forever - 3:43

Anything For Love - 2:21

Maria - 3:07

Happy For You - 4:05

 

Length: 36:30

Pretty much on par with FNs length

Also happy that there is only one song below 3 minutes, a rarity among her peers I fear

The lengths are fine. Houdini and Illusion are barely above the 3min mark and they're great. Anything For Love is the only really short one. 

 

36min isn't even that far from FN. People were complaining about Eternal Sunshine being 35min and EP length!! and the album feels complete. That said, I hope she keeps the Kylie nods going and drops Radical Optimism (Extended) this summer or before the tour. The extended version are EATING so far.

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

Edited by State of Grace.

I can't even listen to Psychedelic Switch anymore because of how much the P word triggers me

 

Truly the only misfire of the era to describe the music as that because while I see the influences, the peabrained GP and music stans won't hear it unless she's straight up covering Currents songs 

 

spacer.png

She should have announced the album would be called Radical Optimism as soon as Houdini came out so that everyone would know it's just gonna be an album full of bops and expect nothing more

 

There was no real reason to hide the title for so long

 

spacer.png

Houdini > Illusion (Extended) > Illusion > Training Season (Live from the BRITs) > Training Season (Extended) > Training Season > Houdini (Extended)

 

All excellent, but its kinda sending me how they were going to release the "weakest" one as the lead single. We should be thankful GODini happened in the end.

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

12 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Track lengths:

 

End Of An Era - 3:16

Houdini - 3:05

Training Season - 3:29

These Walls - 3:37

Watcha Doing - 3:18

French Exit - 3:21

Illusion - 3:08

Falling Forever - 3:43

Anything For Love - 2:21

Maria - 3:07

Happy For You - 4:05

 

Length: 36:30

I hate that most of these songs definitely had a superior "extended" version. The fact there's a clear mixing error in TS (shortened), but not @ the same point in TS (extended), makes it so obvious which was the original :rip: Illusion (shortened) is passable, but TS (shortened) sounds so rushed & badly edited down. Hopefully the album drops with extended versions of each song.

 

Houdini (extended) is completely unnecessary & forced tho :mandown:

19 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I'm old school and remember when the average song was over 3 mins. Thanks to Tiktok and short attention spans of the younger generation, 2-3 mins is today's standard. A 35 min album is more like an EP. 

The 2:21 one is giving me internal rage already LOL

 

Like, add one chorus or extend the intro or outro but 2:21 on 11 tracks album cardi b GIF

Do we think there are more bops on the album ? 

I hope we get at least 2 more bangers . And by bangers i mean hardcore dance bangers 

22 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Houdini > Illusion (Extended) > Illusion > Training Season (Live from the BRITs) > Training Season (Extended) > Training Season > Houdini (Extended)

 

All excellent, but its kinda sending me how they were going to release the "weakest" one as the lead single. We should be thankful GODini happened in the end.

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

??? Not this masterpiece being last

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

Edited by Virgos Groove

Lets talk about how the "dance all night" part @2:34 (extended) moves from left to right on headphones. 

Ah i love when she ear fucks me like that

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

The extended versions lowkey brought me back to full stan mode after the OG Houdini and TS left me unamazed. Sorry for that SYG shade, mother, I wasn't familiar with your game!

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

does the instrumental break during the bridge also remind you of Katys International Smile? (both are major bops)

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

Edited by TSwiftie

1 minute ago, TSwiftie said:

does the instrumental break during the bridge also remind you of Katys International Smile? (both are major bops)

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

I thought the same thing!

One of the best songs on PRISM

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

??? Not this masterpiece being last

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

It's cute but it has yet to click with me completely tbh

 

I love the new verse but I wanted Kevin to go harder and add 5 extra mins of that distorted guitar outro, but he went for a chilled/vibey route instead. The single mix does it more justice imo.

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

 I wanted Kevin to go harder and add 5 extra mins of that distorted guitar outro, but he went for a chilled/vibey route instead. 

Tea, I wish illusion had ha instrumental break extended too, but they're both 15s :'( 

At least the vibe is still the same, Houdini extended definitely sounds like 2 diff songs mashed together.

International Smiles instrumental break is 30s, twice as long as illusion. Orgasmic tbh :loud:

 

 

Such a short album - wonder if we will get bonus tracks or a re-release in the future

45 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Houdini > Illusion (Extended) > Illusion > Training Season (Live from the BRITs) > Training Season (Extended) > Training Season > Houdini (Extended)

 

All excellent, but its kinda sending me how they were going to release the "weakest" one as the lead single. We should be thankful GODini happened in the end.

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

No sister I fear you're going to need to listen to Houdini extended 10 more times cause it's IT

i love how it feels like the only extended mix that really feels different too

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

The 2:21 one is giving me internal rage already LOL

 

Like, add one chorus or extend the intro or outro but 2:21 on 11 tracks album cardi b GIF

Same. I was praying the song would be at least 2:58. Based on the leaflet with lyrics that was leaked with the album announcement, Anything For Love has verse 1 - chorus - verse 2 -- chorus. Lots of songs with the same length have a full song structure - verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. We're Good has even two pre-choruses and even a bridge and is 2:46. Sabrina's new song is 2:56 and it feels so complete.

In this case, then, there has to be an extended version of it. She can't just give us 2 minute-song. I mean, the whole album should get an extended version. All the singles do. I don't if this was pre-planned long before Houdini came out and Dua just saw the positive response from the extended version of Houdini and decided to have an extended version for all songs. If this is trip-hop, psychedelic record, then extended mix is a must at this point!

I do hope she will do it like Kylie and release Extended mixes of whole RO and the most amazing it would be if they were mixed into one continuous mix like Confessions for example

 

Im not fan of short song and I was afraid with Illusion being again only 3 minutes but since it has no intro or outro and they managed to put regular bridge plus instrumental part it feels complete. Its all about song structure, but 2:21 is lazy for me haha

I still don't get how people can possibly dislike Houdini extended btw? What on earth :deadbanana2:

16 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

No sister I fear you're going to need to listen to Houdini extended 10 more times cause it's IT

i love how it feels like the only extended mix that really feels different too

Guess I'll try getting into it again since I haven't played it in ages. Adding it to my current playlists as we speak

 

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.