Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

 

This performance >>>>

 

Her band is absolutely immaculate and what amazing vocals, especially at the end. Quite possibly her beset performance ever!

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 837.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

I cant take people seriously Who complain about the album being 11 tracks :giraffe:

5 minutes ago, J-esper said:

I cant take people seriously Who complain about the album being 11 tracks :giraffe:

Tea, considering Future Nostalgia only had 9 songs

 

(without Good In Bed and Boys Will Be Boys)

:suburban:

5 minutes ago, J-esper said:

I cant take people seriously Who complain about the album being 11 tracks :giraffe:

I think 11-13 tracks is perfect length for an album.  Less feel incomplete and more feel excessive (with little few exceptions)

 

But with 11 songs all 11 should be on point. On FN "Good In Bed" and "Boys Will Be Boys" doesn't fit sonically at all.

 

We can be lucky we wont get just 10 tracks (Troye Sivan, Jessie Ware Im looking at you two lol)

 

Also, I hope we will get at least 3 songs which are over 4 minutes and most of the songs at least 3 and half mnts

I rather have a skipless 11 track album that is compact and feels complete than a 15-16 track album filled with filler idk

7 hours ago, illicit affairs said:

Only 11 songs?? And we heard 2 of them already?? She's also been gone for a minute and was supposedly recording lots of songs. If she's not gonna take this seriously neither am I.

All killer no filler babez, and she was barely gone

I feel like she ‘learned’ from FN and won’t put a BWBB and GIB on the album, all 11 tracks are going to be killer

Well it depends how many songs are out already 

 

I would like 10-11 NEW songs , so yeah usually 11-14 is the perfect length 

14 minutes ago, mike_int said:

I think 11-13 tracks is perfect length for an album.  Less feel incomplete and more feel excessive (with little few exceptions)

 

But with 11 songs all 11 should be on point. On FN "Good In Bed" and "Boys Will Be Boys" doesn't fit sonically at all.

 

We can be lucky we wont get just 10 tracks (Troye Sivan, Jessie Ware Im looking at you two lol)

 

Also, I hope we will get at least 3 songs which are over 4 minutes and most of the songs at least 3 and half mnts

The reason why GIB and BWBB don't fit sonically is because they more or less climax the story the album is trying to tell and those last tracks are her snap back into reality.

 

The title track is the opener and more or less sucks you into the album and sets the record that she is not someoneto be messed with. The album then proceeds with the break up anthem  Don't Start Now and the rest of the album dives into finding love again, dating, and other stages to eventually falling in love (Love Again) and coming to the realisation things weren't such a cloud nine with Break My Heart. Good in Bed is more or sell her coming back to her senses and talking about how the relationship was merely physical rather than love with Boys Will Be Boys leaving us with an other female empowerement anthem in a different kind of angle and sound than what the album starts with.

 

Every track on FN (standard) is meant to be there. And I personally listen mainly to the standard over the repackage. 

 

I am confident this album Will also be very solid and even more cohesive

 

Edited by J-esper

Also the people complaining about track length and her being ‘gone’ need to get real. Dua has consistently released music since 2015, not a year has gone by without a hit, and let’s not pretend like it’s gonna stay at 11 tracks :skull:

 

Like THIS is what she’s accomplished with just 2 albums, this is more than the average pop career manages to achieve in an entire lifetime

 

2,522,262,671  
2,086,512,603  
2,041,942,046  
2,007,848,702  
1,897,169,014  
1,549,471,364  
1,219,946,206  
1,163,605,034  
1,098,615,853  
931,550,005  
908,999,014  
812,185,936  
774,492,694  
750,276,282  
642,045,334  
621,381,371  
608,118,539  
605,200,503  
537,745,768  
504,561,733  
2 minutes ago, J-esper said:

The reason why GIB and BWBB don't fit sonically is because they more or less climax the story the album is trying to tell and those last tracks are her snap back into reality.

 

The title track is the opener and more or less sucks you into the album and sets the record that she is not someoneto be messed with. The album then proceeds with the break up anthem  Don't Start Now and the rest of the album dives into finding love again, dating, and other stages to eventually falling in love (Love Again) and coming to the realisation things weren't such a cloud nine with Break My Heart. Good in Bed is more or sell her coming back to her senses and talking about how the relationship was merely physical rather than love with Boys Will Be Boys leaving us with an other female empowerement anthem in a different kind of angle and sound than what the album starts with.

 

Every track on FN (standard) is meant to be there. And I personally listen mainly to the standard over the repackage. 

 

I am confident this album Will also be very solid and even more cohesive

 

To me it felt like Good In Bed and Boys Will Be Boys were maybe recorded before she decided for the funk/disco oriented sound, maybe Im completely wrong but based on the sonical side of the songs it feels like it, cause they would fit in her debut album.

Lyrically I like them, but sonically they could have been re-work for the better flow of the album.

 

Same thing for example with Madonna's COAD, "Push" and "Like It Or Not" despite me liking the songs they dont really fit

3 minutes ago, mike_int said:

To me it felt like Good In Bed and Boys Will Be Boys were maybe recorded before she decided for the funk/disco oriented sound, maybe Im completely wrong but based on the sonical side of the songs it feels like it, cause they would fit in her debut album.

Lyrically I like them, but sonically they could have been re-work for the better flow of the album.

 

Same thing for example with Madonna's COAD, "Push" and "Like It Or Not" despite me liking the songs they dont really fit

BWBB had a different instrumental at first, and they later decided on the string version

23 minutes ago, Cain said:

BWBB had a different instrumental at first, and they later decided on the string version

Wish they make it longer, the strings are beautiful there

Zuzu has said in an interview before that Slow is her favourite Kylie song and video so that rumor might be true :jonny5: AHHH 

Just a thought:

 

Last time Sweden hosted Eurovision, Just Timberlake was an interval act on finals

 

WHAT IF? ... Dua was a surprise international interval act this year?

 

ESC Final is on May 11th, so perfect to do Medley of Houdini, TS and 3rd single So Excited Flirting GIF

 

23 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Zuzu has said in an interview before that Slow is her favourite Kylie song and video so that rumor might be true :jonny5: AHHH 

a TASTE:jonny:

 

OT: does anyone know if the lenticular version is exclusively to her site shop only? Or will it be available in shops as "the standard" version of the album? I'd rather wait until May to grab the CD, but if it's online only, and basic digipacks ends up being the only version available in stores I might think about grabbing it earlier. 👀 

On 3/14/2024 at 1:00 AM, hallucinate said:

idk why people are complaining about the album having 11 tracks :rip: knowing dua she’ll probably release extra tracks in the future as a part of a deluxe version or something 

:giraffe:

2 minutes ago, Mickie said:

a TASTE:jonny:

 

OT: does anyone know if the lenticular version is exclusively to her site shop only? Or will it be available in shops as "the standard" version of the album? I'd rather wait until May to grab the CD, but if it's online only, and basic digipacks ends up being the only version available in stores I might think about grabbing it earlier. 👀 

not an exclusive, might even just be the standard cd, I wouldn't worry about it

Y'all are worried about the 11 tracks when we all know album editions will come later. :michael:

 

3 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

not an exclusive, might even just be the standard cd, I wouldn't worry about it

Thank you, I was thinking this too, because it doesn't say it's exclusive to her store only nowhere on the site 🥺 

I really like BWBB and think it deserved a spot on the album. :skull: I mostly listen to this version nowadays tho :WAP: 

 

 

GIB is a cute girl as well but I haven't really used it in so long.

I have a feeling something might be coming tomorrow 🤭

3 minutes ago, sweet said:

I have a feeling something might be coming tomorrow 🤭

The Trixie Mattel interview 

 

:suburban:

9 minutes ago, sweet said:

I have a feeling something might be coming tomorrow 🤭

IMG_4272.gif?ex=6607386e&is=65f4c36e&hm=

Would be nice of her to perform at Eurovision so we can hear at least one good Danny L Harle song on the night

 

:suburban:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.