Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Radical Optimism is a more complete album than the previous two in the way it came together. It happened very naturally, when the environment was right, it came together quite quickly. In terms of the record reflecting her and where she's at personally, it does that more than the previous ones have. It's a lot more her in terms of personality.
 

Obviously we want massive records, but the first thing isn't asking, 'Could Dua  possibly have commercial success with this record? Is this a hit?' It's, 'Does this feel different?' We often talk about the kind of reaction we want when people first listen to a Dua record. And it's to be a little bit off balance when you first hear it and wonder what she's done or how she's done it. It shouldn't just be a straightforward, 'Oh, that's a banger,' it shouldn't just be a straightforward listen, it should be pushing things somewhere. I'm glad if people hear it and they think this is a little bit unexpected or a bit different from her peers because there's a lot of really different and great music coming out, especially from her female contemporaries at the moment. So I think that approach will steer her well. The record is a really deep one with lots of singles, so we're set up for long term success, the records always have a really long burn time and that speaks to the fact that they're very interesting, complex records that give more the more you listen to them. That is something deliberate in our music making."

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 839k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

When Houdini was released and she talked about how her album would sound I got so excited. Now I'm sad that I only listened to this once and hated half of it. Like what happened 

2 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

It shouldn't just be a straightforward, 'Oh, that's a banger,' it shouldn't just be a straightforward listen, it should be pushing things somewhere. I'm glad if people hear it and they think this is a little bit unexpected or a bit different from her peers because there's a lot of really different and great music coming out, especially from her female contemporaries at the moment. So I think that approach will steer her well. The record is a really deep one with lots of singles, so we're set up for long term success, the records always have a really long burn time and that speaks to the fact that they're very interesting, complex records that give more the more you listen to them

THEY'RE OUT OF TOUCH :bibliahh:

 

Them thinking this is "deep", that it's "pushing things", that it's "unexpected", sounds "different from her peers", that it's  'complex record" :bibliahh:

 

I thought it was just Dua but looks like Warner itself has LOST IT :bibliahh:

 

This could've been right if she truly delivered a psychedelic album :bibliahh:

At this point I'm convinced someone hacked her streaming accounts and released a different album than what they're all describing

 

moo.png

7 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

The record is really deep

confused.gif

 

9 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

very interesting, complex records

confused.gif

 

9 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

with lots of singles

confused.gif

 

9 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

we're set up for long term success

confused.gif

Whew, this **** really grew on me a lot. I'm happy to declare it's a great album.

 

These Walls & Falling Forever >>>>>>>>>>>>

28 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Radical Optimism is a more complete album than the previous two in the way it came together. It happened very naturally, when the environment was right, it came together quite quickly. In terms of the record reflecting her and where she's at personally, it does that more than the previous ones have. It's a lot more her in terms of personality.
 

Obviously we want massive records, but the first thing isn't asking, 'Could Dua  possibly have commercial success with this record? Is this a hit?' It's, 'Does this feel different?' We often talk about the kind of reaction we want when people first listen to a Dua record. And it's to be a little bit off balance when you first hear it and wonder what she's done or how she's done it. It shouldn't just be a straightforward, 'Oh, that's a banger,' it shouldn't just be a straightforward listen, it should be pushing things somewhere. I'm glad if people hear it and they think this is a little bit unexpected or a bit different from her peers because there's a lot of really different and great music coming out, especially from her female contemporaries at the moment. So I think that approach will steer her well. The record is a really deep one with lots of singles, so we're set up for long term success, the records always have a really long burn time and that speaks to the fact that they're very interesting, complex records that give more the more you listen to them. That is something deliberate in our music making."

This is just pure damage control.

35 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

THEY'RE OUT OF TOUCH :bibliahh:

 

Them thinking this is "deep", that it's "pushing things", that it's "unexpected", sounds "different from her peers", that it's  'complex record" :bibliahh:

 

I thought it was just Dua but looks like Warner itself has LOST IT :bibliahh:

 

This could've been right if she truly delivered a psychedelic album :bibliahh:

Like I'm actually screaming they saying anything at this point

 

:suburban:

the label isn't the problem. the music isn't the problem. it's the management. that's all. i don't care honestly but that's just what it is.

i'm enjoying the record and can't wait to see her at ACL.

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

When Houdini was released and she talked about how her album would sound I got so excited. Now I'm sad that I only listened to this once and hated half of it. Like what happened 

I think most of us felt this way. I literally felt the same and felt bad because I didn't like it. You need to give it a few more listens. The album is amazing honestly. 

1 hour ago, aaron511 said:

Whew, this **** really grew on me a lot. I'm happy to declare it's a great album.

 

These Walls & Falling Forever >>>>>>>>>>>>

I am so happy you have finally seen the light!

 

Taste! Both songs are amazing 

You all "laugh" at that interview with the Warner CEO, when they said the same thing with FN. https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dua-lipa-future-nostalgia-campaign-coronavirus-9375127/

She is having her highest debuts with this album. We know some of you don't wanna see her win, but come on, all of you just wanna drag anything at this point. :duck: 
 

2 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

You all "laugh" at that interview with the Warner CEO, when they said the same thing with FN. https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dua-lipa-future-nostalgia-campaign-coronavirus-9375127/

She is having her highest debuts with this album. We know some of you don't wanna see her win, but come on, all of you just wanna drag anything at this point. :duck: 
 

???

 

What he said was clearly delusional and so are you if you don't see it :skull:

+84k units debut on us without a big hit there this era. MOTHER 

 

:clack:

 

9 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

???

 

What he said was clearly delusional and so are you if you don't see it :skull:

What part is delusional? elaborATE

+150k with the US, UK, France, Australia and Germany sales. 

FN debut WW: 156K 

:duck:

Some songs I hated at first grew on me. Dunno if it's my delulu but French Exit is a cute boppppp

Edited by Mickie

16 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

What part is delusional? elaborATE

???

 

I already posted all the delusional things he said. TIL some of y'all Peeps think this album was deep, was pushing her boundries, doesn't sound like her peers and was complex. 

 

This is some next level delusion. Bye :rip:

#3 debut in Germany. 
her highest debut + charting album there

#2 on lock in the US with 84k sales (nearly a 20k increase from initial predictions). 53k pure sales

 

These are amazing numbers for her :clap3: 

 

 

 

 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

#2 on lock in the US with 84k sales (nearly a 20k increase from initial predictions). 53k pure sales

 

These are amazing numbers for her :clap3: 

 

 

 

 

I'm crying :jonny:

it would've been #1 if released one week before Taylor :rip:

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

#2 on lock in the US with 84k sales (nearly a 20k increase from initial predictions). 53k pure sales

 

These are amazing numbers for her :clap3: 

 

 

 

 

great numbers for her :duca: :clap3: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.