Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

Ooh na na na, tell me whatcha doin' to me 

Ooh 

Na

Na

Na

Na

 

scarlett-johansson-dancing.gif

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 838.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

  • Author

Training Season sounds so ******* good on vinyl omg :WAP: 

13 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

Training Season sounds so ******* good on vinyl omg :WAP: 

 

1 hour ago, highwind44029 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spill

 

I have much bigger appreciation for Training Season now

 

ezgif.com-resize_3.gif?ex=663db972&is=66

 

THATS BECAUSE ITS AMAZING

 

:WAP:

 

finally some appreciation 

9 hours ago, Cain said:

Wait the PYP thread

@Relampago. rearrange my thoughts next 

 

spacer.png

 

OT: These Walls is a HIT

Well I've always wanted to visit The Netherlands

 

spacer.png

  • Author
15 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

 

THATS BECAUSE ITS AMAZING

 

:WAP:

 

finally some appreciation 

I've always loved TS. The video was just sooo disappointing I didn't care for it as a single anymore. 
 

Houdini and TS are #2 and #3 on my Apple Replay of the year so far :WAP: (I know it basically just came out, but Illusion is at #98 :monkey:)  

4 hours ago, SayIt said:

For her next album what type of sound for the album would you like Dua to make?

I think she should either go into the darker electropop sound (Madison Beer - Make You Mine, Rebecca Black - Crumbs, Billie's new album, etc) or leave pop go more R&B/Alt (DIWK? - Arctic Monkeys, Too Sweet - Hozier, Intro - The XX, her cover of Sunshine was amazing too). 

 

Her voice is tailor made for darker and slower music imo. She would find a lot of success with that if executed right, while still maintaining quality music. I mainly just want her to move away from the upbeat, glittery dance pop for an era an into something new and more mature for her.

14 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I think she should either go into the darker electropop sound (Madison Beer - Make You Mine, Rebecca Black - Crumbs, Billie's new album, etc) or leave pop go more R&B/Alt (DIWK? - Arctic Monkeys, Too Sweet - Hozier, Intro - The XX, her cover of Sunshine was amazing too). 

 

Her voice is tailor made for darker and slower music imo. She would find a lot of success with that if executed right, while still maintaining quality music. I mainly just want her to move away from the upbeat, glittery dance pop for an era an into something new and more mature for her.

I would love for this. Could you imagine?! 
 

Her voice on the cover for Cleo Sol's Sunshine is so beautiful. I love Dua's darker/lower register vocals it sets her apart and I feel she really shines.

Global Spotify 5/8/2024

55. Illusion: +2,132,867

63. Training Season +2,002,001

72. Houdini +1,911,006

83. These Walls +1,792,523

 

:party: Great update

 

12 minutes ago, SayIt said:

I would love for this. Could you imagine?! 
 

Her voice on the cover for Cleo Sol's Sunshine is so beautiful. I love Dua's darker/lower register vocals it sets her apart and I feel she really shines.

Literally, her tone is gorgeous on stripped back/lower register songs. I would love to see her explore that sound and get collabs with girls like Jorja Smith or Kali Uchis. It would be different for her, but would still be accessible enough to the mainstream that should could have another big era. 

 

Come on Dua! We wanna see it!

i need a full era of dark pop from her

 

Want To (live version) was just too good

Running deserved better :jonny5:

If These Walls becomes a single, what would you think the video should be like? 
 

Any ideas? 
 

Now that I work for Dua's team. I have some input in these things. 

On 5/5/2024 at 2:56 PM, selena_lavigne said:

Can we talk about how good this album sounds completely sober? 
And how you don't need to do drugs to enjoy it? :cm:

Weird shade, I like this album alot without substances, but they did give me another perspective when used in conjunction. Amazing record :clap3:

10 minutes ago, SayIt said:

If These Walls becomes a single, what would you think the video should be like? 
 

Any ideas? 
 

Now that I work for Dua's team. I have some input in these things. 

hmmm she's traveling with her lover all over the world and when she looks in the mirror / passes a mirror with him the guy isn't there + her reflection is saying just leave his ass

 

HB5.gif

 

She should really lean more into the psychedelic stuff, a Ray of Light-esque record from her would be a COLLAPSE!!!! This album is really addicting tbh, can't wait for the inevitable deluxe/expanded that'll come out. :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, highdefinition said:

hmmm she's traveling with her lover all over the world and when she looks in the mirror / passes a mirror with him the guy isn't there + her reflection is saying just leave his ass

 

HB5.gif

 

OMG I love this idea! 

17 minutes ago, itsjokesta said:

I kinda want her to do house music. 

do you mean actual literal house music. cuz if so

 

 

I want house music from her too but she should do a few cute little droplets for that rather than an album of house music, at least not for DL4

If anyone is interested in the timeline of when she wrote the songs:

 

  1. Illusion - July 11, 2022 (59th song written)
  2. Happy For You - July 12, 2022 (60th song written)
  3. Whatcha Doing - July 13, 2022 (61st song written)
  4. Maria - July 18, 2022 (64th song written)
  5. Training Season - November 22, 2022 (79th song written)
  6. Houdini - November 24, 2022 (80th song written)
  7. These Walls - January 16, 2023 (83rd song written)
  8. End of an Era - January 24, 2023 (85th song written)
  9. Anything For Love - February 15, 2023 (91st song written)
  10. Falling Forever - N/A (97th [LAST] song written)

    French Exit [REWRITE] - April 20, 2023
18 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

do you mean actual literal house music. cuz if so

 

 

Truly a bop but I think house music that's a bit more radio friendly for the gp. 

Another thing I'd like for Dua to explore next album, besides a new sound, is more introspective songs. She went deeper into her vulnerability this album, but next album I'd love to see more about her internal dialogue. How has fame made her feel? How does she feel she's changed? Has she felt any type of sadness or happiness during the huge changes in her life? 

2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

 

 

The album is actually really stable without a huge hit carrying its numbers. If they wanted to push Illusion then These Walls we could definitely see the album have good legs. 

55 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Another thing I'd like for Dua to explore next album, besides a new sound, is more introspective songs. She went deeper into her vulnerability this album, but next album I'd love to see more about her internal dialogue. How has fame made her feel? How does she feel she's changed? Has she felt any type of sadness or happiness during the huge changes in her life? 

She's so well read and spoken, and worldly - especially relative to her peers. I think this was a step in the right direction to what could be more depth going forward. 

 

She's young though, like just live your life tbh also she shows her depth in our venues; I think she just wants her music to be a good time. Idk

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.