Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Wait Tanking Session kinda bops hard now with the album, maybe @Mark Rih won

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Or the bar is like nonexistent

:clack:

TS has always been that girl 

 

Spoiler

Even tho I barely touched it since album release. Godlusion, meanwhile, has been on repeat 

 

:clack:

 

 

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

All my girlfriends panned the album

 

:clack:

 

Tho one of them said TS was her song

33 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I know Warner loves her and they've been overall good to her, but I wish she'd join a label like Republic so we could get Ariana or The Weeknd collabs more easily. Ed Sheeran isn't gonna save us in 2024

I don't think the label is a problem, since most of her collabs haven't been with people under Warner

10 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

TS has always been that girl 

 

  Hide contents

Even tho I barely touched it since album release. Godlusion, meanwhile, has been on repeat 

 

:clack:

 

 

Spoiler

Godlusion is the best track by a landslide tea, the only one going for a straightforward, unashamed dance pop direction which is about all we ask for from Dua Lipa

 

Everything else lowkey tried too hard to achieve some faux experimental anti-pop rebellious sounds (ijbol) and achieved about… nothing

:clack:

34 minutes ago, Cain said:

I mean, if she was with Republic she would get even less budget cause they already have Ariana and The Weeknd precisely :chick3:

She owns the masters so she's also responsible for this low budget mess and not investing in her own brand :rainy:

Just now, BrokenMachine said:

She owns the masters so she's also responsible for this low budget mess and not investing in her own brand :rainy:

That's not how that works

 

:clack:

17 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Even tho I barely touched it since album release.

TS is the one that doesn't feel like part of the album to me. I loved it when it was released, but it doesn't fit the album :clack:

2 hours ago, Slap said:

You can always tell when people stan somebody for success because they have meltdowns as soon as their fave is not on top. 
 

As a casual fan are there any bops on here worth checking out?

I wouldn't consider myself as big of a Dua fan as others -- she's probably around #40-#50 in my artists list. 

I think the album is well worth checking out! My album ratings for Dua are as follows:

Dua Lipa: 5.4
Future Nostalgia: 8.8
Radical Optimism: 7.9

2 hours ago, Cain said:


Another panning :cm:

 

 

 

"The track ultimately sounds about as French as French fries" :deadvision:

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I know Warner loves her and they've been overall good to her, but I wish she'd join a label like Republic so we could get Ariana or The Weeknd collabs more easily. Ed Sheeran isn't gonna save us in 2024

Nah this is going to be a grass is greener on the other side thing. Look at Camila Cabello and Interscope :rip: 

 

The problem is probably not just Warner, but a mix of everyone involved.

1 hour ago, BrokenMachine said:

On a random take I just noticed the album doesn't appear under 'Dua Lipa Limited' but under 'Radical 22 Limited'. I checked and it says it's the same company but it changed the name last year's April so... she just took the 'Radical' thing from her own company?? Correct me if im wrong please :dies:

"Radical Beauty" is coming 👀 

IMG-1891.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952l7v9jcpz6ei1l42roi

2 hours ago, Cain said:


Another panning :cm:

 

 

 

Did he like any song? I don't know if I'm in the mood to watch more lashings lol but I wanna know 

  • Author
2 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

she just took the 'Radical' thing from her own company?? Correct me if im wrong please :dies:

I think Troye Sivan inspired the album title because of something Dua heard him say. She said something like that. If that's what you're even referring to with the "radical" thing. So I guess he might've even inspired her business endeavor lol. 

56 minutes ago, mike_int said:

The girls asked her to wear something that's not black or red and she listened :heart:

Post your song plays!

 

Houdini - 109 Scrobbles

Illusion - 77 Scrobbles

Maria - 29 Scrobbles

Whatcha Doin - 25 Scrobbles

French Exit - 23 Scrobbles

Happy For You - 18 Scrobbles

Training Season - 17 Scrobbles

Falling Forever - 16 Scrobbles

End of an Era - 11 Scrobbles

These Walls - 6 Scrobbles

Anything For Love - 5 Scrobbles

Training Season: 42

Houdini: 24

French Exit: 17

These Walls: 15

Whatcha Doing: 11

End of an Era: 10

Illusion: 10

Anything for Love: 8

Falling Forever: 8

Happy for You: 8

Maria: 6

 

Houdini - 404 Scrobbles (combined with extended)

Training Season - 162 Scrobbles (combined)

Illusion - 79 Scrobbles (combined)

Maria - 21 Scrobbles

End of An Era - 17 Scrobbles

Falling Forever - 16 Scrobbles

These Walls - 16 Scrobbles

Whatcha Doing - 13 Scrobbles

French Exit - 12 Scrobbles

Anything for Love - 9 Scrobbles

Happy for You - 9 Scrobbles

Total: 758 Scrobbles 

 

Up 3 spots to #11 on Spotify's Global Daily Artists chart. Maybe the songs got a bounce on Monday?

Houdini: 336 Scrobbles

Training Season: 256 Scrobbles

Illusion: 84 Scrobbles

Happy For You: 17 Scrobbles

Falling Forever: 12 Scrobbles

French Exit: 12 Scrobbles

End Of An Era: 11 Scrobbles

Watcha Doing: 11 Scrobbles

Maria: 10 Scrobbles

Anything For Love: 10 Scrobbles

Those Walls: 10 Scrobbles


Total: 769 Scrobbles

 

I actually like the whole otufit but I wish her hair was different, is this gonna be her hair for the next 2 years?

 

Its the same as going to get coffee as for Met Gala, literally

Edited by mike_int

Anything for Love would've been top5 material if it wasn't for that 30 sec length

 

6jqr4Zd.gif

To inject a bit of positivity….. I thought the songs came over better from the back of a truck in Times Square than recorded the other day tbh so 

watched the live lounge thing from BBC1 ( repeated on BBC radio 1 this evening at 7ish U.K. time and on YouTube now) and got to say the songs from RO she did, do really sound better live imho. The drumming in particular seems to have more life and drive, which imparts a bit more urgency and oomph to the whole. Bit like recorded, the vibe is we're on the sun lounger on Mykonos doing laid back photo shoot vacanza, and live, the sun's gone down and that first ouzo has given a second wind to go for it more. 

 

Seriously good live band she had too,(hopefully going to follow her for live gigs coming up), and her voice is just fab.  I mean she has a distinctive voice that other girlies in the business can't even dream of, she should put more emphasis on it maybe.

 

 

The fact that Shakira last album released just month ago is lower on BB200 than 4 years old Future Nostalgia

 

Screenshot-2024-05-07-112042.jpg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.