Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (ā‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

29 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I promise I flippantly wrote those posts while I was folding laundry it's not deep at all, this is just ATRL **** talking

—

Ā 

I actually think this look grew on me I just HATE the Q-panty looking corset :jonny:

Ā 

Wow it's… alright, just like everything this era

Ā 

Every single thing that made her special during the lest era has just left her body. Nothing gagworthy, nothing strategic, nothing surprising, nothing particularly tasteful is going on now

Ā 

It's just a random hodgepodge of ideas

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 839.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming Ā 

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

Watched two TikToks using a sped up version of watcha doingĀ :jonny:

told you that song has potentialĀ 

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

A 72 is not great for an album after FN, and considering it's one of the lower ranked albums on MC this year overall, it's just not great.Ā 

Ā 

I'm loving the album even with the bad numbers, so I don't really get the second point here but maybe you're talking about someone else. I'm going to continue discussing every part of this album, flop numbers included, just as one does in an album thread.Ā 

Ā 

I was simply very disappointed in several things this weekend regarding this album, and the MET Gala look was one of them. If she impresses me again, I will praise her. She's currently my favorite artist so it's not like I'm just hating.Ā 

Girl just go out and breathe some air.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Slap said:

You can always tell when people stan somebody for success because they have meltdowns as soon as their fave is not on top.Ā 
Ā 

As a casual fan are there any bops on here worth checking out?

These Walls, Happy for You, Whatcha Doin' for "safe" album tracks.

Ā 

But I would recommend Falling Forever. IDC what other people sayĀ :bird:

9 minutes ago, Cain said:

Wow it's… alright, just like everything this era

Ā 

Every single thing that made her special during the lest era has just left her body. Nothing gagworthy, nothing strategic, nothing surprising, nothing particularly tasteful is going on now

Ā 

It's just a random hodgepodge of ideas

You're right unfortunately. It wasn't apparent to me until the album came out. I kinda understood the more grungy/dark image with Houdini/TS but then the album came and it's all dreamy, fun, chill music. I don't see the vision now, maybe it's just that she likes herself in black but the only look we've gotten this entire era that wasn't black is her Grammys red carpet and the red dress (can't remember where that was).

Ā 

She'll be fine and I 100% see her coming back swinging next era once she goes back to the drawing board just like she did for FN. I'm happy she delivered a great album, but the era itself is kinda lacking for me, but I'll be perched for whatever she's got in store regardless.Ā 

4 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Girl just go out and breathe some air.Ā 

Girl I swear I'm not as mad as people think I am :toofunny3:Ā 
Ā 

Have some fun girl and lighten up, we're just **** talking gays on a pop forum. I love Dua, she's the only artist I even like enough to form a real opinion on atm.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

You're right unfortunately. It wasn't apparent to me until the album came out. I kinda understood the more grungy/dark image with Houdini/TS but then the album came and it's all dreamy, fun, chill music. I don't see the vision now, maybe it's just that she likes herself in black but the only look we've gotten this entire era that wasn't black is her Grammys red carpet and the red dress (can't remember where that was).

Ā 

She'll be fine and I 100% see her coming back swinging next era once she goes back to the drawing board just like she did for FN. I'm happy she delivered a great album, but the era itself is kinda lacking for me, but I'll be perched for whatever she's got in store regardless.Ā 

She needs a proper team that can think all of this out ahead of the era, Idk why she thought this could be a family businessĀ 

Ā 

You're a popstar not a baker

Edited by Cain

15 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Watched two TikToks using a sped up version of watcha doingĀ :jonny:

told you that song has potentialĀ 

She absolutely needs something viral on TikTok to save the era, I thought Houdini was getting there with the dance but I guess notĀ :katie:

End of an Era is a career highlight. Impeccable production and vocals. So breezy

Ā 

1 minute ago, Cain said:


Another panning :cm:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I was kind of wondering what he thought cause he loved the singles, but it's a decent score considering FN got a light 7 iirc

Just now, Relampago. said:

I was kind of wondering what he thought cause he loved the singles, but it's a decent score considering FN got a light 7 iirc

5 is not decent jsjfje 😭

We don't need to lower our standards like that just because of this eraĀ 

12 minutes ago, Cain said:

5 is not decent jsjfje 😭

We don't need to lower our standards like that just because of this eraĀ 

My expectations are literally in the pits atm girl the fact he's not wearing a red flannel in this at least gives me some pleasure :gaycat6:

I have been reading the wordĀ "pan" so much from TTPD and RO that I went and got panera bread for the first time...Dua"s only impact this era I fear :chick3:

Ā 

Certain people in this thread should spend more time streaming her alberm than being a keyboard warrior methinks

Ā 

oCVwoyf.gif

Whatcha Doing hits harder every time it comes on:jonny:Ā I still feel it can pull a Levitating.Ā 

Ā 

I would be here for a Whatcha Doing/French Exit dual video with a story of Dua meeting a guy, getting a crush, then getting cold feet and dipping out. Something like Work's dual video but with a narrative that ties the two videos together.Ā 

Wait Tanking Session kinda bops hard now with the album, maybe @Mark RihĀ won

Ā 

Spoiler

Or the bar is like nonexistent

:clack:

10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Whatcha Doing hits harder every time it comes on:jonny:Ā I still feel it can pull a Levitating.Ā 

Ā 

I would be here for a Whatcha Doing/French Exit dual video with a story of Dua meeting a guy, getting a crush, then getting cold feet and dipping out. Something like Work's dual video but with a narrative that ties the two videos together.Ā 

I don't see WD or FE doing anything hit wise, I truly think These Walls is the last thing that could become a minor hit with longevity if they give it their all (they won't)

Then after that just release the deluxe lead single that'll flop and hope for a smash collab somewhere down the line

8 minutes ago, Cain said:

I don't see WD or FE doing anything hit wise, I truly think These Walls is the last thing that could become a minor hit with longevity if they give it their all (they won't)

Then after that just release the deluxe lead single that'll flop and hope for a smash collab somewhere down the line

I know Warner loves her and they've been overall good to her, but I wish she'd join a label like Republic so we could get Ariana or The Weeknd collabs more easily. Ed Sheeran isn't gonna save us in 2024

Edited by Relampago.

I'm falling deep, deep in your arms, baby, baby I'm yours

britpink-dancing.gif

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I know Warner loves her and they've been overall good to her, but I wish she'd join a label like Republic so we could get Ariana or The Weeknd collabs more easily. Ed Sheeran isn't gonna save us in 2024

I mean, if she was with Republic she would get even less budget cause they already have Ariana and The Weeknd preciselyĀ :chick3:

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

I mean, if she was with Republic she would get even less budget cause they already have Ariana and The Weeknd preciselyĀ :chick3:

The budget in question this era:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just now, Relampago. said:

The budget in question this era:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That's why I said 'even less' bby

On a random take I just noticed the album doesn't appear under 'Dua Lipa Limited' but under 'Radical 22 Limited'. I checked and it says it's the same company but it changed the name last year's April so... she just took the 'Radical' thing from her own company?? Correct me if im wrong pleaseĀ :dies:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.