Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

24 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

hope Tayla doesn't pull some tricks to prevent Dua from going #1

Question is how much is Ms Swift is outstreaming RO and closing that gap?

 

I have no idea, but if RO physicals are front loaded that might not be as clear cut a lead as it sounds.

 

Anyone able to have a go at calculating?

 

But really it's what happens in the coming weeks that's more important in terms of the numbers. DL 1 is currently at 350 odd weeks on the U.K. chart but never made no 1 for example I believe.

Edited by Vermouth

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 839k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

8 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Oh.. so she's back to being an indie critics darling at least :suburban: 

Spoiler

She's 220th out of 248 albums this year 

 

moo.png

We won 

 

moo.png

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Oh wow SUCCESS, I had forgotten what that felt like

I think we ALL had forgotten what SUCCESS felt like

 

C-I0vbgXYAAzV31.jpg

Manifesting Dua becoming the anti-Mariah, as Summer approaches, she only gets stronger 

 

Illusion will smash this summer. Her 2nd One Kiss is coming. :suburban: 

The way this album got such lukewarm reviews still doesn't make any sense to me. I keep gravitating back to this album. It's already my most streamed of the year. Such a great follow up album to FN. 

15 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The way this album got such lukewarm reviews still doesn't make any sense to me. I keep gravitating back to this album. It's already my most streamed of the year. Such a great follow up album to FN. 

You can't deny RO's flaws. As cute as the album is on its own, I'm not surprised that people just see it as something Zara or Bebe would record. The mess of tracklist, the psychedelic hype up, the short ass tracklist after 4 years since FN, the lack of depth to many of the songs (where are some cool adlibs or switching things up?). I streamed the album 400 times since it came out and it's a decent album, I will keep supporting Dua, but it's easy to see that Houdini and Training Seasons sound off, like they belonged to a different record which could've been just more exciting. 

Edited by halcyonday

Spotify Weekly update
DAY 1 — 20.485.575 streams

DAY 2 — 14.761.140 streams 

DAY 3 — 11.233.031 streams

DAY 4 — 12,764,223 streams

 

Total This week = 59,243,969

 

Rise Dua!! :clap3:

13 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The way this album got such lukewarm reviews still doesn't make any sense to me. I keep gravitating back to this album. It's already my most streamed of the year. Such a great follow up album to FN. 

Anything for bomb fault 

:clack:

 

This album IS too basic for Dua, Future Nostalgia was such a strong sophomore album and this feels like it was rushed although shes been working on it for four years, theres nothing psychedelic about the tracks, i expected more Tame Impala. This feels and sounds like Hold the girl by Rina, good album (7/10) but nothing like their previous work.

Just re listened to her debut and you could tell how hungry for success she was… I miss her :jonny6:

3 minutes ago, thinkheknowss said:

Just re listened to her debut and you could tell how hungry for success she was… I miss her :jonny6:

DL1 is amazing. I miss that sound so much! Her vocals were amazing in that album. 

RO is a great album, if there was 2 more tracks on the level of Houdini, everyone would be singing a different tune. It's just Houdini is the only 10 imo, everything else is a 7-8ish, with a couple around the 6-7 range. 

 

I know the tea was false but I do feel there was something that happened during the development of this album that made them shift from the album that Illusion/Houdini/TS were made for, to this final product. 
 

The aesthetics she's going for this era match the singles. Performing Happy For You, the only non-single that exists in the same "psuedo-psychedelic-pop" range is the only non-single that's gotten a performance. But then the album cover and non-singles go together, but the singles and street wear/performance aesthetics really don't. Then there's her descriptions of UK Rave/psychedelic/Britpop that are "closest" to the singles + HFY and then not as much for the album tracks. 

 

I'm not gonna spread conspiracy theories or believe them, but it is interesting that the singles work together so well, but don't match the album as much, while all the non-singles match the album but not the singles. Just feels like there is 2 separate ideas going on overall, so if it did come out that there was a reworking of the album somewhere along the lines, I guess I wouldn't be that shocked. I would love to know the tea if there was any.

yeah this is a good Bebe album

 

having it only be 11 songs so that they make more money really bit them in the ass

Edited by yassskween

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

RO is a great album, if there was 2 more tracks on the level of Houdini, everyone would be singing a different tune. It's just Houdini is the only 10 imo, everything else is a 7-8ish, with a couple around the 6-7 range. 

 

I know the tea was false but I do feel there was something that happened during the development of this album that made them shift from the album that Illusion/Houdini/TS were made for, to this final product. 
 

The aesthetics she's going for this era match the singles. Performing Happy For You, the only non-single that exists in the same "psuedo-psychedelic-pop" range is the only non-single that's gotten a performance. But then the album cover and non-singles go together, but the singles and street wear/performance aesthetics really don't. Then there's her descriptions of UK Rave/psychedelic/Britpop that are "closest" to the singles + HFY and then not as much for the album tracks. 

 

I'm not gonna spread conspiracy theories or believe them, but it is interesting that the singles work together so well, but don't match the album as much, while all the non-singles match the album but not the singles. Just feels like there is 2 separate ideas going on overall, so if it did come out that there was a reworking of the album somewhere along the lines, I guess I wouldn't be that shocked. I would love to know the tea if there was any.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did she scrap the "original album" after she recorded illusion & then recorded RO after illusion  I can't remember 

8 minutes ago, thinkheknowss said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did she scrap the "original album" after she recorded illusion & then recorded RO after illusion  I can't remember 

I believe that's correct yeah, I don't know if she scrapped anything but Illusion was the first song recorded that made it on RO and apparently set the direction for the rest of the album

 

Kinda interesting cause I don't see Illusion's influence outside of a couple tracks

11 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

 

I love the color green! Paint the town GREEN!

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

22 minutes ago, SayIt said:

DL1 is amazing. I miss that sound so much! Her vocals were amazing in that album. 

Yeah her vocals on DL1 are probably her best which is odd because as a whole DL1 isnt THAT strong a project but the vocals were outstanding. In some ways she has polished her voice so much that it has become pretty one note / one tone which is ok because she is a solid live performer when it comes to her vocals but her voice was just much more dynamic in her debut album for some reason! It varied from track to track a whole lot! idk what it was

i think this is a really solid album and it's growing on me everyday but my issue is that the tracks are not strong (especially compared to her previous albums)

i'd say it's more cohesive than self titled so there's that

Edited by hallucinate

btw

Spoiler

i don't think the underperformance of this era will affect her so much unless she fucks up the next era as well

and she shouldn't wait more than 1.5 years to release DL4

 

Edited by hallucinate

this could still be her Rated R and not her Artpop/Witness if you ask me. 

In the clouds, there she goes
Butterflies, let them flow
'Nother girl falls in love
Another girl leaves the club

 

image.gif.1ece35d633136fb7f40192f4e395c1


Send a big kiss goodbye
To all of the pretty eyes
Another girl falls in love
Another girl leaves the club

 

image.gif.1ece35d633136fb7f40192f4e395c1

 

this is the best part of the entire album, fight me!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.