Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Falling Forever is a career highlight idc. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

The photoshoots and the music sound work perfectly well together. It's the day to day street wear and performance outfits that do not work tbh. 

the music and photoshoots / album artwork are serving UK girl going to the Mediterranean for a good summer vacation full of gay clubs and poppers which is the PERFECT aesthetic for the music. The issue is the performance outfits and mvs are dark and grunge esque (aside from Illusion). That does not work here. 

------

So cool to see Abel praise her even if it's just a passing comment like that...I really hope they collab together. I've always felt like they were musical soulmates and eachothers counterparts in many ways. That said, I would not want her to waste Abel collab on a remix for this album. Let's hope they do a song together for his album or for DL4. That would be such a serve! 

For now I hope the singles go as follows:

1. Houdini

2. Training Season

3. Illusion

4. These Walls or Happy for You 

5. Watcha Doing Remix f/ Doja Cat 

-go on tour. End era. Release DL4 end of 2025 or early 2026 at the latest. 

Edited by IBeMe
  • Like 2

:suburban:

Whatcha Doing is this album's Levitating. They need to move now with or without a big name feature, followed by Forever Falling, and the album will still have legs. I hope Dua will stand by her art and not abandon the album, we've seen this unfortunate situation way too many times with quality female pop artists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

!!!!!!!

It also doesn't help that the TS video was scrapped in favor for a bad one, and then rush releasing Illusion when they could've released Illusion simultaneously with the album. Most people learn about the album releases with a song that comes out SWINGING (video, performance, playlisting, etc). 

The TS music video we got is an edited down version of the original video. You can still see the graphic explosions. Why would they reshoot another video but include explosions and violence when that was the whole reason they ditched the "original". They just edited out the action. 

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

Screenshot_45.jpg

Joining on the last.fm fun and sharing my overall Dua Top 10. Ignore Whoudini sneaking in.

gorgeous-smiling-face-dua-lipa-0bpno9osp3h2mf19.gif

Wait a minute, how the **** do you have 300 Houdini plays, I thought you hated it with a burning passion? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Wait a minute, how the **** do you have 300 Houdini plays, I thought you hated it with a burning passion? :deadbanana2:

People come on here just to argue, whether or not they believe what they're actually saying :flower: 

• Thanks 2

When it came out I thought it was bland, listening now more focused that second half is eating! :o

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I thought the Times Square set was a lil short and basic but i don't know how they usually are. They probably don't want people holding up traffic all day long.

I personally really like the fact they are pushing Happy For You as it sort of shows that there are sonic differences from the three main singles that sorta blend together.

So i'm happy to see the Happy For You performances and i've been enjoying them.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

!!!!!!!

It also doesn't help that the TS video was scrapped in favor for a bad one, and then rush releasing Illusion when they could've released Illusion simultaneously with the album. Most people learn about the album releases with a song that comes out SWINGING (video, performance, playlisting, etc). 

yeah, she def should've kept Illusion for album release 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I know I'll get dragged for this but I almost wish she'd skip a tour for this album just to get to work on an album. I don't think she'd struggle to sell a tour (I hope) but everything has been so floppy this era, far more than I expected so I don't even know that it's worth the investment. But if she does, I don't think it needs to be as long as FN's for obvious reasons. 

She needs to go on tour because I can finally afford the tickets!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a tour is the only way she can recoup all the money lost on Radical Bombtimism :gayalipacat4:

• Like 1

What colors are we thinking Dua will wear tonight? 

1 hour ago, SayIt said:

This is stunning :jonny5:

Imagine this was the album art then everyone would say Billie ripped her off 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

a tour is the only way she can recoup all the money lost on Radical Bombtimism :gayalipacat4:

I think an Arena tour would do amazing, but I'm starting to doubt she can do stadiums once again in Latin America :monkey:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

the narrative that her interviews did anything against her own era is so tired :rip: 

the answer is simple, the GP didn't like Houdini and it was a bad lead single choice

and yes DTN is far better and way more catchy, imagine her run without DTN last year :rip: 

This vendetta against Houdini is insane.. it's quite literally one of the best crafted pop songs in a hot minute.. perfect introduction into the era initially before she lied about the album being psychedelic..  but Houdini isn't the problem , it's not mega smash material  but it had potential to be a long lasting hit.. if she went with illusion whilst it'd probably be bigger it's too sonically similar to FN 

Edited by thinkheknowss

Posted (edited)

Hear me out:

End of an era with a camp, sexy video where she basically showcases how she jumps from vacation to the next, basically being camp with friends serving fashion and sillyness and crazily playing into the vacanza queen lifestyle. Think Devil Wears Prada fashion moment of Anne Hathaway, but only in vacation form

I guarantee it would do better than TS or Illusion.

Let her perform next to a pool where she basically jumps into the pool at the end and serves choreo inside the pool while being all wer and sultry. Phew, viral moment guaranteed

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

19 minutes ago, SayIt said:

What colors are we thinking Dua will wear tonight? 

Black/White/Red

You can pick one! :cm:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope her met gala look is gag worthy… she better park a RO truck outside and hold the venue hostage until she sees receipts 

Shes so predictable though so it's either red or black outfit :rip:

Edited by thinkheknowss

They played These Walls while I was getting my haircut today so that's at least 1 stream :jonny: 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

It was the lead single hype. :sorry:

23 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Hear me out:

End of an era with a camp, sexy video where she basically showcases how she jumps from vacation to the next, basically being camp with friends serving fashion and sillyness and crazily playing into the vacanza queen lifestyle. Think Devil Wears Prada fashion moment of Anne Hathaway, but only in vacation form

I guarantee it would do better than TS or Illusion.

Let her perform next to a pool where she basically jumps into the pool at the end and serves choreo inside the pool while being all wer and sultry. Phew, viral moment guaranteed

This is basically the Illusion video though

• Like 1

She needs to serve body and sex at the MET. I know she'll serve old matron and lazy hag though. This could be a moment, but I expect nothing out of the fashion this era anymore. 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

It was the best option for a lead single on this album other than Whatcha Doing

You posting how much you hate Houdini all era won't change that, especially cause you advocated for Tanking Season over it and that would have ended the era upon arrival if it was the lead 

Whatcha Doing would've received a lot of backlash for being too similar to DTN and FN

Houdini is Top 3 in her discog and a perfect lead single choice

16 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is basically the Illusion video though

Nooo Illusion is Kylies Slow 2.0. Im talking camp and fun personality, going from the Carribeans, to France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Albania and always playing into local trope and being silly about vacationing

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.