Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 842k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

She needs to pull a B'Day/4 and promote the **** out of this. Every talk show, every award ceremony, every country... I don't care if it's the Chiropractor Awards in Cambodia or The Morning Show in Micronesia, she needs to be there performing a These Walls/Maria medley.

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Edited by Virgos Groove

7 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

Well I don't know if the album is good or bad but I haven't stopped listening to it since yesterday s:wan:

Yes!!! Me too! I can't stop listening now

 

Coming for 18M WW :duca:

1 minute ago, Nectarine said:

Maria!

juice anchorman GIF by Lizzo

Maria and her flute did that! 

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

did she really delete the countdown on her site :rip:

For the tour? 

3 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

This is her best album no matter what the critics say :sorry:

 

I hope she keeps going with it regardless of chart performance. 2 more singles from the standard album (one a remix ft. someone) and then a re-release with more songs and singles.

You really think Dua, her team and her label don't care about the charts and the critics??

lol

I think this as an ALBUM top to bottom is her absolute best and basically fixes what Future Nostalgia lacked... if that made sense?

 

It's a very cohesive body of work, giving blue and red vibes from the songs (which I've personally labelled to each song) and it feels like every song is meant to be on a project together. I would've felt the same about Future Nostalgia but Good In Bed and Boys Will Be Boys sonically throw me off even it makes sense in some areas but in this album it all sounds like it's meant to be together and tells a story!

 

As for the songs I definitely think the singles we're some of the highest points of the album and are the most sonically different songs on the album which is fine because they're all simply excellent. But in some ways I was still left with wanting more...? Some parts felt safe in some ways but she also experiments with new sounds and instruments as well which I loved. Idk I could be looking for something to complain about but point is I LOVED IT!

 

I think These Walls, Whatcha Doing, Falling Forever and Maria are definitely incredible single options but heavy on Falling Forever and Maria. 

 

First ranking

 

  1. Training Season
  2. Falling Forever
  3. Houdini
  4. Whatcha Doing
  5. Illusion
  6. Happy For You
  7. Maria
  8. End Of An Era
  9. These Walls
  10. French Exist
  11. Anything For Love (if only it was longer...)

 

Seated for the deluxe!

i think These Walls and Maria definitely have hit potential. i can also see the album doing better once she starts her summer Euro festival performances as this album is perfect for summertime 

43 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Can we at least get her Slow first

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

We did, it was Houdini :eli: 

27 minutes ago, MP3 said:

I was really in the vibe to enjoy that album, I was really, but beside the singles, there is 2-3 tracks that I like, the majority of the other songs are kinda flat sounding and not really inspired, I mean it's laking some serious melodic choruses, it's frustrating because I was really rooting for that album and I really thought she was keeping the best for the album release but it is the opposite

 

For real beside Houdini, Illusion and TS the rest is decent to the best, all the melodies and bangs moment never happen, I'm disappointed, I mean sometimes on some lyrics she sounds out of tune and flat, the production feels rushed, it's like they focused on 3 songs and didn't have time for the rest

 

Overall 6/10 for me, the 3 singles are banger for me, the rest is forgettable

Thank you for your honest review.

 

I was not connecting with the album at first and felt underwhelmed aside from the 3 singles. But the rest of the album tracks are growers. They are not flashy and in your face like FN. You just have to give it some time and the songs will sneak up on you. 

Honestly this album sounds like scraps from FN. there are better songs that were unreleased that are better than this album. It's not horrible but it is a step back 

26 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

I'm holding on making any judgment yet coz I'm still taking it all in, but, based on the singles, this is not what i expected …

Neither did I. But this is the best way to go about it. It may change for you! 

These Walls as the next single (promote it everywhere)

Fire her dad and hire a proper manager

Club Radical Optimism in September with UK rave sound

DJ collab in November to build up hype

DL4 lead in March 2025

DL4 in July 2025

 

Do we see the concept?

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Edited by Virgos Groove

I'm looking forward to Anything For Love (The Blessed Madonna Remix)

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

These Walls as the next single

Fire her dad and hire a proper manager

Club Radical Optimism in September with UK rave sound

DJ collab in November to build up hype

DL4 lead in March 2025

DL4 in July 2025

 

Do we see the concept?

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

I have done very little in looking into public perception for this so I was fully believing I was going to be on an Island with my love for These Walls…. But. I guess it's a hit!

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

hi babe @popmusic, spotify's counting for the first full day is over, any updated final numbers? 
:bird:

the album is far from being bad, but why is everything midtempo? where are the bops? where are the BOPS!?

 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

I'm looking forward to Anything For Love (The Blessed Madonna Remix)

L6NDL0k.gif

6 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

These Walls as the next single

Fire her dad and hire a proper manager

Club Radical Optimism in September with UK rave sound

DJ collab in November to build up hype

DL4 lead in March 2025

DL4 in July 2025

 

Do we see the concept?

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

And honestly change labels asap, to either Republic or Columbia. It's clear Warner doesn't care about her career when they payola random tracks by some of their unknown artists, fund expensive MV for flop artists (like how did Ava Max of all people get budget for a Joseph Khan MV) but do literally nothing with their biggest artist's music 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Edited by TayDuaStan

Good lord the numbers, a literal disaster. I didn't see it coming because all the singles debuted with good numbers. Sad because I really think the album deserves better 

14 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Thank you for your honest review.

 

I was not connecting with the album at first and felt underwhelmed aside from the 3 singles. But the rest of the album tracks are growers. They are not flashy and in your face like FN. You just have to give it some time and the songs will sneak up on you. 

Honestly it's my review from today but it will probably ends up with a more positive one in a couple of days/weeks when I will be connecting somehow with some songs, it's working like that for me, one day I will be listening to one song of the album repeatedly because I heard it somewhere out of context and it will become my new favorite

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I love Billie but I just want her to flop so I can celebrate someone else losing for once 

 

spacer.png

We're getting punished for FN I fear, we got everything right and trolled the other bases a bit too much 

 

Karma is ***** we should've known better

 

spacer.png

The Music Week interview with her team talking about the rollout for this album has aged so poorly given how it's been received. Seems like they had no idea this era wouldn't connect with people.

2 hours ago, PerfectCure said:

End Of An Era samples this, why?

 

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Dua knows her classics 


IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.