• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dooart said:

i loved the album, it's on repeat! But I had some thoughts abt it that i wanted to share:

- My biggest complain is that I don't have a problem if the album is too short, but I have a problem if it feels too short - if that makes sense somehow... FN (OG - also 11 songs) has a total runtime of 37m17s, while RO has a total runtime of 36m35s, it has praticaly no difference, but it feels shorter imo. Which leads me to another point, can we PLEASE get an extended version of the album? I made my own version of the album with a playlist, adding H, TS and I extended versions and omfg...

Other than that, I really wish the psychedelic, britpop, trip hop influences were more palpable.

Considering that all 3 singles have extended versions, I'm pretty sure we are getting an extended version of the album. If not, that's just another L for Ms. Parker and the gang.

• Like 1

This really is her Body Language

On a positive note, I feel like this album is definitely a step forward artistically and with her taking a little more risks. 

Maria, French Exit, Anything For Love, parts of Houdini/TS, etc all show she's experimenting a little with different sounds. They don't really sound like anything she's done before, nor anything I've heard before.

Just now, RadioactiveLights said:

This really is her Body Language

Can we at least get her Slow first

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

so... with how many streams is going to debut the album at this point??? 

I hope we get These Walls on SNL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwen stacy said:

you're better off not knowing, i wish i could be you rn

spacer.png

• Haha 2

At Your Service was also a horrible idea for her. Wasted her time when she could've worked more on the album. She really had time to release 3 seasons of that but couldn't bother to polish the songs even more or idk create even more material for the album, better material to replace the duds (cough cough Houdini, Training Season, French Exit, End Of An Era cough cough)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Glastonbury will be bittersweet, her biggest show happening on the worst moment of her career :deadbanana2: maybe it will be her redemption, it did wonders for Beyoncé in the UK during the 4 era. 

If she stands behind her work and pushes her album like Bey did during the B'Day/4 eras like @Kristie Kuwa said, that'll be great. Let's see, so far I am not seeing the same passion.

Edited by RedOne
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

the reviews drag it for not being psychedelic like she promised

but my point is no one would care about her interview word splurge if it had beloved hits. the GP doesn't care about these narratives like critics and stans do, they just want songs to bop along to especially from a popstar 

2 minutes ago, gwen stacy said:

It's expected to debut with around 17M, which is closer to Smile than FN numbers

Spoiler

Don't expect most of this album at Glasto

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

At Your Service was also a horrible idea for her. Wasted her time when she could've worked more on the album. She really had time to release 3 seasons of that but couldn't bother to polish the songs even more or idk create even more material for the album, better material to replace the duds (cough cough Houdini, Training Season, French Exit, End Of An Era cough cough)

not twitter updating this thread in real time

spacer.png

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, scottstreet said:

not twitter updating this thread in real time

spacer.png

I mean @TayDuaStan seem level headed, but calling the best song on the album Houdini "a dud" is inexcusable.

• Like 3

I have used and abused the singles but End Of An Era is the only new song I'm inclined to return to 

not the flute on Maria

• Haha 1

Twitter dua fans are savage, they screenshot everything and use "ATRL insider" to spread rumors. They are hot tho ngl I'll keep following them 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, magazine said:

not the flute on Maria

giving Kosovo

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RedOne said:

I mean @TayDuaStan seem level headed, but calling the best song on the album Houdini "a dud" is inexcusable.

In comparison to let's say Illusion or Happy For You, for me Houdini is a dud. Mostly for the production. Illusion & Happy For You are light years better in so many ways, it's like they're from 2 different albums, it's jarring IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Edited by TayDuaStan

I was really in the vibe to enjoy that album, I was really, but beside the singles, there is 2-3 tracks that I like, the majority of the other songs are kinda flat sounding and not really inspired, I mean it's laking some serious melodic choruses, it's frustrating because I was really rooting for that album and I really thought she was keeping the best for the album release but it is the opposite

For real beside Houdini, Illusion and TS the rest is decent to the best, all the melodies and bangs moment never happen, I'm disappointed, I mean sometimes on some lyrics she sounds out of tune and flat, the production feels rushed, it's like they focused on 3 songs and didn't have time for the rest

Overall 6/10 for me, the 3 singles are banger for me, the rest is forgettable

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, magazine said:

not the flute on Maria

Dua really loves her instrumentation and the live elements!

French exit and whatcha doing are my favorites from the ones who weren't pre-released.

Houdini is still the strongest track off of it.

End of an Era was kinda the worst track to begin an album

Whatcha Doing, French Exit and Maria are the best new tracks

Feeling Forever and Happy for You are cute too

It feels like the album is very constrained. Like she's not fully here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.