Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

1 minute ago, madonnafan18 said:

This album was very underwhelming. There are some highlights, but nothing truly memorable. And I am saying this as someone who adores Future Nostalgia.

I would recommend. Listening to it again! Maybe another run through something will stick out to you!! 

• Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

You can tell she's been hanging around too many fashion houses, designers, and people from that industry.

This album is what you would hear playing while doing a photoshoot, a fitting, or having food and a cigarette on a luxury hotel's terrace in France with your friends after a long day meeting with editors of fashion magazines. 

and yet when I said sheès been hanging with the homosheshuals far too much two months ago I was dubbed an ecoterrorist IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

People donèt like to hear the truth. Ask Marie Antoinette IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ivan_brit said:

Illusion is coming.... me thinks! :duca: 

Just in time for SNL :duca:

4 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

These Walls is a bop

:alexz: !!! 

Is there any other songs you like? 

2 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Coming for Tin Foil certification...yes I agree! IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

1 minute ago, SayIt said:

I would recommend. Listening to it again! Maybe another run through something will stick out to you!! 

I love u sis :heart2: You are one of the most positive people I have ever seen lol. so polite too :hug: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Do you know where's the album on AM? 

Edited by Tistotal

9 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Houdini just gets better and better :jonny5:

Houdini crawl so training season could walk that allowed Illusion to run to set the stage for These Walls :jonny:

Just now, Tistotal said:

Do you know where's the album on AM? 

According to Kworb site currently #6

• Thanks 1

I could already tell from naming the first single "Houdini" that this album wasn't gonna smash hard. They should've gone with Training Season first, or named the first single catch me or i go or something.

@SayIt does not deserve this tankering, he's too sweet to witness (pun intended) this. Get behind me!

spacer.png

• Like 2

I pray the deluxe/b-sides is a full fledged psychedelic album tacked onto the end of the album with "Happy For You" being the transition track into that sound. Especially since the streams are already suffering might as well make her stans and the critics happy. I'm sure she has enough songs out of the 90 to do it, maybe find another psychedelic producer to remix them like she did with FN and Blessed Madonna. 

If not I'm sure she'll try harder for the next album, she used criticism to fuel her power for FN. She'll do the same and swing back hard. 

• Like 1

Fishy fishy fishy fishy 🗣️

Dua songs debuting in AM but on Spotify being weak? + 2 days prior release her songs falling like 50 spots? 

:duck:

• Like 1

How llllooonnnnoooonnonnnnggggggggg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

At Your Service was also a horrible idea for her. Wasted her time when she could've worked more on the album. She really had time to release 3 seasons of that but couldn't bother to polish the songs even more or idk create even more material for the album, better material to replace the duds (cough cough Houdini, Training Season, French Exit, End Of An Era cough cough)

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Lol those 4 are all in my top 6.

1 minute ago, scottstreet said:

@SayIt does not deserve this tankering, he's too sweet to witness (pun intended) this. Get behind me!

spacer.png

truly! my mind instantly went to him when the album began showing signs of colossal tanking and world shattering flopage tbh IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

I was like "God please make this a hit album....for @SayIt "s sake solely....please God" IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Coming for Tin Foil certification...yes I agree! IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

I love u sis :heart2: You are one of the most positive people I have ever seen lol. so polite too :hug: 

:hug:thank you @IBeMe

:heart: I am just happy to have this experience with everyone here! 

Not Tin Foil certification :ahh:

• Like 1

Is the HMV poster actually signed or is a printed signature? Interested in a copy over here in NYC (if anyone can get one for me?) please & thank you.

8 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

spacer.png

:date2: Thank you 

I am getting behind you. 

I just hope Dua does not get discouraged. You can tell she really put her heart into creating this album. And she is impacting some many people's life in a positive way. 

It means a lot to me! 

• Like 2

Is that insider on X reliable ? They said a deluxe edition is coming with a Katy Perry collab :laugh:

2 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Is that insider on X reliable ? They said a deluxe edition is coming with a Katy Perry collab :laugh:

Girl where

• Haha 1

oh Happy For You is ethereal 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nb03po5pklk4ir9anm

MARIA ! *flute flute flute fluteflute*

Posted (edited)

When's the SNL performance coming? I'm starved for some promo...

Just realized after typing that out it's still Friday here, my mind

IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Haha 1

Dr. Alexander

The "haaahahh tellmewhatyadoingtome" should've been the chorus of "Whatcha Doing". What she was thinking?

On my first listen I think the album is ok/fine, they choose the right singles (Houdini, TS and Illusion) and These Walls is a bop, for the other songs, let's see what I feel about the after 3 listens

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.