Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

So I listened a few times today and I would like to add some thoughts:

End Of An Era - There are some spoken parts, she sounds like Lady Gaga/Miley on River.

These Walls - This one is growing on me a lot, tho it still sounds kinda fillerish.

Whatcha Doing - Probably the only song to have a remix with some rapper.

French Exit - Now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Te Busque by Nelly Furtado, production wise.

Falling Forever - The vocals are also insane, the chorus reminds me of She's So Gone by Naomi Scott. :rip: And I mean that as a compliment. Garden's bigger uptempo sister.

Anything For Love - Not much more to say, still sounds interlude-ish, the potential was not used.

Maria - This one grew on me the most, as I said, very guitar driven, uptempo summerish sound, it's basically her Jolene, lyrically wise. :giraffe:

Happy For You - Tho I love this one, it's the one that sounds out of place the most, fits with the Houdini/Training Season aesthetics.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I feel like she's doing 60k in the US and 35-40k in the UK. Enough for a top 5 in the US and a battle for the top spot in the UK

shes def doing more in the US. Billboard confirmed the album has 25k in pre order sales alone in the US. I think she might get around 80k and a #2 debut

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 3R1K said:

End Of An Era - There are some spoken parts, she sounds like Lady Gaga/Miley on River.

:suburban:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Where the hell is the Massive Attack influence? This is just the same old pop she's always done :deadbanana: 

On the deluxe with Firestarter :eli:

9 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

shes def doing more in the US. Billboard confirmed the album has 25k in pre order sales alone in the US. I think she might get around 80k and a #2 debut

25k? Wow, that's better than I expected 

FN did less than 20k (pure)

Edited by Elder

12 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Didn't know about the 25k pre-order yet :eek: so yeah, i think you're right

44 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Those snippets have got me worried :duck:

Same, sounds very mid. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Honestly this is for the best. Everyone will have to hear it on a streaming site or buy the album. We need all the streams and albums sales to count!

I already bought a copy, idc at this point 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

yes, he was a temporary worker in the vinyl warehouse

omg insane 

36 hours till it's out in new zealand :WAP:

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Didn't she say to book out calendars for May 5th? I wonder what's happening then 👀

something big 🗽

Bowen & Matt having Dua on their podcast is gonna be the best interview we get out of the bunch from her upcoming promo cycle I bet, they're funny as hell and will ask good questions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Papi Juancho said:

something big 🗽

Limited edition cover with Callum's full frontal pics on the cover then :jonny2:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

36 hours till it's out in new zealand :WAP:

The fact that this might not l word and instead just release locally….she truly manifested this somewhere. (Or even if it finds it way out tomorrow, pretty good compared to other recent releases)

Tayla will sell 50-60k in the UK in her second week. Dua still has a chance.

Spoiler

If the... girl doesn't use her cheap tricks as always.

1 minute ago, Subversive said:

The fact that this might not l word and instead just release locally….she truly manifested this somewhere. (Or even if it finds it way out tomorrow, pretty good compared to other recent releases)

Especially cuz Future Nostalgia leaked a whole two weeks in advance :deadbanana4:

Love is Religion (Vertigo Version) coming soon :celestial5:

kinda gagged by the snippets, failing forever is coming

hLpmtNe-Imgur.thumb.gif.6b539cd97762a245

If Love is Religion regular gets a release, I'd be shaking and crying :jonny: I'm surprised there's no Japan version of this. 

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

My guess is 50-65k. Her streaming units won't add a ton

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

no ugh he never asks interesting questions. he only bombards the guest with compliments to the point that it comes across as too extensive / fake and always spins the question back to himself :toofunny3:

tom power is a good interviewer, he actually goes into the music side of things when interviewing

I agree. I find Zane insufferable because he tends to make the interviews as much about himself (if not more so) than the artist in question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3R1K said:

So I listened a few times today and I would like to add some thoughts:

These Walls - This one is growing on me a lot, tho it still sounds kinda fillerish.

Whatcha Doing - Probably the only song to have a remix with some rapper.

French Exit - Now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Te Busque by Nelly Furtado, production wise.

Falling Forever - The vocals are also insane, the chorus reminds me of She's So Gone by Naomi Scott. :rip: And I mean that as a compliment. Garden's bigger uptempo sister.

Anything For Love - Not much more to say, still sounds interlude-ish, the potential was not used.

Maria - This one grew on me the most, as I said, very guitar driven, uptempo summerish sound, it's basically her Jolene, lyrically wise. :giraffe:

Happy For You - Tho I love this one, it's the one that sounds out of place the most, fits with the Houdini/Training Season aesthetics.

the fact this brought me to reality the album is going to be terrible :suburban:

• Haha 8

My Walmart copy shipped. :gayalipacat3:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

I agree. I find Zane insufferable because he tends to make the interviews as much about himself (if not more so) than the artist in question.

When did he become a thing pre album release. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.