Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - "Houdini"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 9.1k
  • Views 735.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ahauntingnearu
    ahauntingnearu

    This being your example for the US' bad taste

  • one of the weakest lead singles in recent pop music. everything but the chorus ("do you think bout it night & day?") is very weak and uninspired. melodically it sounds like everything she's done b

  • I like that the most notable things about Dua is that she’s a gorgeous pop star who makes great music. And then when you peel back the layers a bit, all you really see is how intelligent, worldly and

I see all this happening but no release date to be seen. Houdini Indeedini

serious-mood-dua-lipa-30ux723l9nhddzvl.g

Excited for this!

 

10 hours ago, Cheers said:

Hmmm Houdini sounds like the title of a flop single. We will see tho!

Stop I can hear the “disappeared from the charts” jokes already :deadbanana:

Ugly song title but do we think this is the reason she keeps posting teasers and then removing them or

5 hours ago, ThousandMiles said:

sounds like a type of cheese

spacer.png

You mean Halloumi?? :deadbanana4:

Out on the 9th according to Spotify pop ups that arrived to non premium users.
 

 

what does houdini means? Not familiar with the word but i know the song will be a banger :clap3:

I more excited about the visual aesthetics of the era than the sound ngl. The little bits we have so far haven't revealed much, that monochromatic blocky Helvetica is kinda giving early 2000s but like, corporative'd and American Apparel'd. 

Wait. 

 

"Houdini" died on yesterday's date 

 

The announcement of the title 

 

 

HER MIND 

 

 

14 minutes ago, Anti-Hero said:

what does houdini means? Not familiar with the word but i know the song will be a banger :clap3:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini

 

I'm kinda excited about the song title.  Give us a circus video like britney plsss :gaycat5:

November 9th :noparty:

 

But Mariah & Xmas songs already rising or defrosting 

9 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

November 9th :noparty:

 

But Mariah & Xmas songs already rising or defrosting 

It's still early November, and Christmas songs typically start dominating the chart later in November or start of December.

It'll be fine. I feel that 'Houdini' will have a cute first-week peak considering how low the chart points are.

 

Nov. 9 is perfect. It´ll be just enough away from 1989 TV for Dua to make a (hopefully) bigger debut than DSN globally and once the Xmas escapade is over the song can settle in the GP's minds :clap3:

21 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

November 9th :noparty:

 

But Mariah & Xmas songs already rising or defrosting 

Yall keep setting her up with the high debut 

She doesn't care otherwhise she would have reelased in another date

The name sounds like the cheese you can grill 

 

I’m excited nonetheless:p

13 minutes ago, houdini said:

NOV 9th official

I’ll believe it when it comes from duallah

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

Nov. 9 is perfect.

You sure about that? I already found November 2/3 to be a bit too far but November 9 is WAY too late. I don't want to be too pessimistic but they really should've released Houdini last Friday already, it would've had way more time to rise and impose itself in the charts before the Christmas takeover. We'll see what happen but i really think it's a bit too late.

 

I also don't understand why they started teasing the era SO EARLY :rip:

Something changed last minute behind the scenes, i'm 100% sure of it now. There's no way she and her team thought it was a good idea to start teasing the new era a whole month before dropping the first single. It's not the 00s anymore, long teasers just end up annoying the GP and they lose interest before the single is even out. The title of the song is also pretty risky, if it end up flopping we'll hear "it magically disappeared from the charts" jokes until the end of times :toofunny3:

 

Ok, rant over. I'm probably gonna be totally on board once the single is out, i just don't understand many of the decisions they've taken so far.

3 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

You sure about that? I already found November 2/3 to be a bit too far but November 9 is WAY too late. I don't want to be too pessimistic but they really should've released Houdini last Friday already, it would've had way more time to rise and impose itself in the charts before the Christmas takeover. We'll see what happen but i really think it's a bit too late.

 

I also don't understand why they started teasing the era SO EARLY :rip:

Something changed last minute behind the scenes, i'm 100% sure of it now. There's no way she and her team thought it was a good idea to start teasing the new era a whole month before dropping the first single. It's not the 00s anymore, long teasers just end up annoying the GP and they lose interest before the single is even out. The title of the song is also pretty risky, if it end up flopping we'll hear "it magically disappeared from the charts" jokes until the end of times :toofunny3:

 

Ok, rant over. I'm probably gonna be totally on board once the single is out, i just don't understand many of the decisions they've taken so far.

All this ranting will not be remembered anymore once the lead is out and the era is on it's legs. You guys are never satisfied regardless, that's why I don't respond to it :deadbanana2:

28 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

The name sounds like the cheese you can grill 

 

Girl its Hallumi :rip:

 

Judge Tammy GIF by TLC Europe

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.