Ciara - 'CiCi'

Azulito

I'm excited for the all new material. 'how we roll' is cute and the video is really good, but the x brown feature was unnecessary. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ciara

• stephen1108

• ccfan007

• KING ACE

It’s pretty wild to say that a Chris Browb feature isn’t needed on a Ciara track when the two have been overdue to collaborate and this is literally a dream collaboration for many of the fans. Wheb were you born? 2018?

6 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

They’re talking about the song she did with R3HAB called “Get Up” and it was a bop.

Never heard of it until now! I only knew her song Get Up with Chamillionaire, Diff song!

1 hour ago, Mke1979 said:

Never heard of it until now! I only knew her song Get Up with Chamillionaire, Diff song!

Def go and listen you’ll be shocked how different it sounds from most of her stuff. It gives main pop girl energy 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AintNoOtherMe said:

Can’t wait for this! Cici always delivers some bops

I have heard a couple of things from my trusty insiders who have spilt factual tea in the past and I can confidently say this project will have bops. How We Roll really is just an appetizer track. 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2023 at 10:47 PM, Brikenbur said:

Everything she does is so predictable and anticlimactic and this album title is just :rip:

Is it really, DeeDee Pickles?

spacer.png

--

Album cover is really serving Barbie and I am so here for it, she has a great eye for color. The music I have measured expectations... :gaycatney6:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Is it really, DeeDee Pickles?

spacer.png

--

Album cover is really serving Barbie and I am so here for it, she has a great eye for color. The music I have measured expectations... :gaycatney6:

album cover took me off guard in a good way. There’s this one shot she posted on Tik Tok though that I wished would of been it instead. 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2023 at 11:54 PM, Miichael said:

Oh so she decided to serve :jonny5:

that's the frustrating part about being a fan of hers. we all know that she still has it, which makes it all the more frustrating when she doesn't showcase that properly

On 8/3/2023 at 11:59 PM, stephen1108 said:

I forgot all about this, it was cute :gaycat2:

this is so cute lol i forgot all about it. this should've been uploaded on HER page and i remember this ad and endorsement being very high profile. secure the bag cici!

On 8/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, BlackJesus said:

She should have added the past few singles she released 

honestly it wouldn't hurt her like at all. boom an album out and then onto the next. please don't wait another 4 or 5 years after a bunch false jump start with underwhelming singles to put out an album and actually tour ci!

On 8/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, Scandalous said:

her last good music was on Jackie but i keep holding out hope for her somehow

beauty marks had level up, trust myself, freak me, na na, thinkin bout you and dose everything else can go in a wood chipper

On 8/4/2023 at 4:30 AM, AdrianNicki said:

I'm surprised she scrapped all those singles but I guess we're getting 7 brand new songs so there is nothing to complain. I hope there is something more upbeat on the ep. Something energetic. I'm a little bit tired of those mid tempo R&b songs she's been doing lately.

i hear you but yall have been dragging her recent uptempos for being cookie cutter and wanting more vibey sexy stuff so what is it that yall want because yall end up being just as confused as she is as an artist

On 8/4/2023 at 5:22 AM, Cbreezy said:

I'd love the backstage tea on her label setup. 

She was with Uptown/Republic for Jump and Better Thangs (in partnership with Beauty Marks), but they mysteriously disappeared from her song credits after that. Indicating a split. No surprises as the songs did nothing. 

Wondering aloud if she technically can't use those songs anymore because those were presumably recorded/intended for use as part of her previous deal. Hence why it's all-new tracks on the EP.

Or...

Maybe she's simply cutting her losses and reading the room when it comes to the reception of those tracks. She will (like most of the girls) just say she released those songs for fun and to express herself in "that" moment and these new songs are where she's at "now" lol. 

Again, I'm very here for the EP idea. So either scenario is A-ok with me. She should probably stick to this formula as a means of still being visible and active without the pressure of selling an album.

if that's the case then that sucks because if theirs one thing i hate is standalone singles but i understand in situation like that it's red tape ugh. i say if that's not the case then i don't see why not just tack them onto here and call it an album. ciara hasn't been a chart and numbers girl for a while now so why would she be all of the sudden and why should that matter at this point? it's only 3 tracks if we're including da gurlz so it isn't exactly cutting your losses how you're putting it. there should be no pressure of selling an album because she's been doing this for 20 years and has been past her commercial peak for sometime now. release a solid body of work with quality tracks and tour like most legacy acts do and keep your fans happy. if a hit comes cool if it doesn't also shouldn't be the end of the world. especially if she's independent and just doing this just because. 

On 8/4/2023 at 5:26 AM, campelo said:

I bet she will do a deluxe and add the other singles 

it's a most she could use the extra streams noah fence

On 8/4/2023 at 8:14 AM, samsclubPRESENTSavam said:

ciara is too stunning to be hiding on this album cover.

i get what she was going for but i don't like the fact that her face is hidden. she is a literal goddess. they should've gone for something more like this

874-8743864_png-megan-fox-megan-fox-revista-esquire.png

no undergarmets for sensual feminity and she can still sport the cap to show that tomboy side of hers and keep the pink since being barbie coded is so in right now

On 8/4/2023 at 8:46 AM, perfectillusion204 said:

I hate when artists end up having multiple self-titled albums (like Britney lol). Like is it really that hard to come up with a good title?

nothing is wrong with the title cici it's been a popular nickname and trademark of hers since the beginning of her career

On 8/4/2023 at 11:41 AM, RockStarShit101 said:

the title and the cover :deadvision:

nothing wrong with the title and the official cover which is an actual slay just dropped and is fantastic

On 8/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, ciara said:

No. 

thsnm goodness she did not include them. This is the smarter route. Start fresh and just work on rebuilding.

adding rooted, jump and better thangz isn't gonna kill you or hurt her. at the end of the day they were still released and are serviceable compared to the likes of da gurlz which should've never seen the light of day. the dancehall remix was cute though. it's the biggest pet peeve of mine when artist invest and release singles and don't put them on a body of work based on reception. at the end of the day time and money was spent on it. she clearly likes the songs or else wouldn't have released them for better or worse. and for the listeners they can just do the common sense thing and skip or just not listen to those tracks already.

On 8/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, ciara said:

Yes what is the actual problem? This is so smart. Why drop an album knowing she needs to build and set the foundation first. The EP is the foundation. Plus these are all new songs. 2 which are gonna be very big singles in addition to How We Roll 

this is not her debut. she's a legacy act at this point. her legacy is her foundation lol what she needs to do is work on quality and be more consistent in that regards when it comes to her releases is all

On 8/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, Monkey_Juice said:

So it's a seven-song EP?

Really CiCi ?

she's supposedly working on new material that we should be getting soon outside of the ep so their is that

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:13 PM, Attitude said:

The song doing better than her last 3 singles. :clap3:

that's because this is the kind of sound, look and collab that is worthy of her caliber. she needs to keep it up. she's not stupid just stubborn. and with her being independent she's probably surrounded by alot of yes men whereas oppose to a label they'd set her up real good and real straight which is probably why she doesn't like being with one because if she were to have it her way under a label they wouldn't invest or support and i don't blame her

On 8/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, ciara said:

Why would she drop an album when all of her singles didn’t go anywhere? 

The rebrand of the roll out and EP makes sense. This gives room to grow an audience and also redeem herself. A quick EP with all new songs doesn’t hurt because it gives people a chance to listen to new material that could potentially wash away the bad taste the other singles left. 

also the credits confirm they won’t be on there. 

she doesn't need rebranding. just more solid material. that's literally it. we know she can sing and dance. we just need the music to match the talent. 

On 8/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, Monkey_Juice said:

She tends to have a lot of fillers in her projects, so I hope she has 7 strong tracks.

and alot of her hidden gems for whatever reason are not available worldwide like ahh, echo, i'm on, click flash, sweat, backseat love, one night with you, oh baby, special edition just to name a few

On 8/5/2023 at 6:29 PM, FantasyRide said:

That artwork deserves to be included in a vinyl release. 

I don’t really mind it being an EP. Especially since you can just make a playlist on streaming with the 3 droplets and have an album anyway…I’m hoping they’ve not been included for artistic purposes because they would sound out of place on the EP or something. 

ciara has never really been one to be cohesive for the most part. at the end of the day those songs were made and released and y'all will just simply have to deal lol shame that they're not a part of this project

On 8/5/2023 at 7:24 PM, CristianGarcia said:

Don’t mind the EP as long as she continues building momentum and releasing features while we wait for the album 

all these people that are influenced by her she needs to extend the olive branch and work with them cici needs to prioritize linking up with the new generation of talent like latto, megan thee stallion, ari lennox, dawn richard, jhene aiko, kehlani, normani, rauw alejandro, cl, tinashe like come on girl and it's crazy because when you think about she has the celibrity status that she didn't have before when she was musically on top and that girl so with her status and if the music is popping she'd be unstoppable

On 8/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, Mornings said:

I love her voice, I always have! There's always at least one song from each project I keep and listen to for a long time. So far the Summer Walker track has been right up my alley. Let's see what she pulls out with this release. No matter what, she continues to release music and get hits with every era which is insane. 

yeah which shows she will ALWAYS be that girl. messy management and then lackluster music is what's prevented her from being able to keep up her momentum because she still is very much the full package

On 8/5/2023 at 10:28 PM, Mke1979 said:

Ciara needs to work with dance producers/DJ's like Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Marshmello, Zedd etc. !!

Why hasn't she? She can def pull a "Kelly Rowland" and get a hit going that direction. Her stale rehashes of Goodies and 1, 2 Step etc. need to stop. 

you know what's crazy when she tried doing this with fantasy ride the urban community turned on her and considered her a sellout only to then not support her when she went back to urban. urban fans tend to gatekeep their artist and in the same breath complained that they're not given there flowers. honestly over the years some of ciara's best tracks have been her more pop leaning material which if released would've scored her a few hit singles like pucker up, keep dancin on me, tell me what you're name is, livin it up, overdose, give me love, freak me, na na like girl come on now. ya need to stop sleeping on her she's more than just the goodies girl! i completely agree she has the voice and the look to excel in pop considering how fickle her core fanbase is about her doing that i say she should do that on the side to keep her name out there and also it'll give her the freedom to actually explore and experiment with something more modern as well. how she hasn't worked with calvin, david or zedd at this point is beyond me. if dj's were to seek out more popgirls that were performers it'll only elevate their material. ciara would SLIDE on production by austin millz, kaytranada, black coffee, flume, regard, disclosure, alesso, pnau, jax jones, joel corry, kygo, alok, diplo, dj snake and tiesto phew

On 8/5/2023 at 11:01 PM, ciara said:

Eewwwww no! Maybe if this was 2011, but EDM dance music is so dated now. 

I do like me a Calvin Harris bop once in a while but no. I hate David Guetta’s music with a passion. 

it's not dated. expand your horizons on the kind of djs you know and what's out there because it's actually a much more versatile field now. look at the names i mentioned above

19 hours ago, CristianGarcia said:

She did that with R3hab and other pop songs and none of them took off… lol R&B is obviously her lane and she needs to focus on that.

With Level Up she got lucky.. she was ahead of her time 

it wasn't that "none of them took off" the interest was there. the quality was there. the promo and management was not. everyone i know whether they were a fan or aren't LOVE dancing like we're making love and give me love and wondered why wasn't that playing everywhere. you're proving my point on how people have put her in this box only to critique her for not trying to break out of it. the reception of level up should've taught her ALOT because freak me and nana were RIGHT THERE and she instead decided to push THINKIN BOUT YOU and DOSE smfh

15 hours ago, ciara said:

Exactly and tbh though the song with R3hab is a part of the reason she parted ways with Epic. The song wasn’t released on Epic but apparently they didn’t want Ciara to release the record. 

um how do you know that because this sounds like a fanfiction that you pulled out of your ass because no such thing has ever been uttered. this song should've easily been her WE FOUND LOVE/ WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER moment and was somehow botched. their was no official video and instead they pushed that noisey ass remix instead. epic had nothing to do with the release of that song and why would they be against her when epic themselves wanted ciara to be more pop to begin with?

15 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

Are you guys talking about I BET (R3hab remix) ? It brings life to the boring original ! 
What other EDM/dance songs does Ciara have ? 

i bet isn't boring. it works best in it's simplicity because it's a heartbreaking ballad. she doesn't really do edm. get up by r3hab is like the only one which is why we're suggesting that she tap into that more at least on the side to serve us something new. jackie is her most straight up pop album by far though.

13 hours ago, ciara said:

No they’re a completely new song called Get Up by R3hab with Ciara is the vocalist.  The song is her best pop record. It’s a shame 

imagine a beach set summertime island video she would've ate and left no crumbs

13 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I always hoped for JLo to work with her and release a single together. The video would be pure hotness. 

this would actually be a cultural reset for sure

12 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

I’d be here for this before I’d ever be down for a tinashe collab tbh.

a joint tour with them two would be amazing and a collab is long overdue. tinashe can even writer or produce a few songs for her that would help modernize her sound

11 hours ago, ciara said:

I would want it on Jlos album though. But he’s it would be hot! Jlo is more trained though so I’d love to see a mixture of freestyle and trained dancing from JLo 

jlo is never releasing an album again it seems. ciara has released more albums than jlo in the past decade. it's wild

11 hours ago, ciara said:

I really want Ciara to go all out with the aesthetic of the pink for this EP! It’s serving! I want the next video to be all pink 

yes especially with barbie core being a trend right now

7 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

listen to the rehab collab now. it's gorgeous. such a shame and one of her most underrated tracks for sure.

9 hours ago, ciara said:

It’s pretty wild to say that a Chris Browb feature isn’t needed on a Ciara track when the two have been overdue to collaborate and this is literally a dream collaboration for many of the fans. Wheb were you born? 2018?

she also needs to work with his writers and producers so she can actually have fire production again and stop recycling crunknb for the 100th time

6 hours ago, ciara said:

I have heard a couple of things from my trusty insiders who have spilt factual tea in the past and I can confidently say this project will have bops. How We Roll really is just an appetizer track. 

can you please manage her at this point cause lol

6 hours ago, SuperCiC1 said:

ciara has always been a server. it's why she's become something of a fashion icon for red carpet over the years. the barbie aesthetic would be a cute look to be a common thread for this era

5 hours ago, ciara said:

album cover took me off guard in a good way. There’s this one shot she posted on Tik Tok though that I wished would of been it instead. 

could you post it here?

5 hours ago, ciara said:

ac428a329de54a99b1aeba20e1abd49b-tplv-ph

This one :jonny5:

Maybe she's saving it for an inevitable deluxe w the singles :rip:

Edited by stephen1108
  • Like 6

I'm changing my stance about "Winning" being included btw. When Shazam recognizes an unreleased song, it'll throw "No Result" after only a few seconds, versus a song it truly doesn't recognize because it was never submitted to its database. This is pretty much what's happening now with Freedia's rap at 3:33 since it's probably very similar to the studio version.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

I'm changing my stance about "Winning" being included btw. When Shazam recognizes an unreleased song, it'll throw "No Result" after only a few seconds, versus a song it truly doesn't recognize because it was never submitted to its database. This is pretty much what's happening now with Freedia's rap at 3:33 since it's probably very similar to the studio version.

She needs to shelve "Winning" this is literally the type of music her fans and GP hate. I literally dont see anyone playing this unless it was for a Corny  Jumba class. 

Edited by KING ACE
  • Like 1

Chile I’m not reading all them quotes. She did the smart thing to not include those songs. point blank PeriodT. They are all trash minus Better Thangs (but I don’t feel BT fits this EP) you will soon find out why. And BT had a trash video. Just erase it all and forget about it. 

anywhooo! It’s exciting we are getting all new songs. Being that this is an EP it would incredibly STUPID to include 4 already released songs. I do have a soft spot for Winning though (I genuinely think that could of at least charted on the charts). 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, KING ACE said:

She needs to shelve "Winning" this is literally the type of music her fans and GP hate. I literally dont see anyone playing this unless it was for a Corny  Jumba class. 

I understand why you say this but I loved Winning because of the verses and surprisingly Big Willie added the toughness the song needed. It does have cringy lyrics though. 

Had no idea she's releasing an album. Miss Cici always delivers smth for us to enjoy so i'm perched ofc.

3 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Had no idea she's releasing an album. Miss Cici always delivers smth for us to enjoy so i'm perched ofc.

It’s available for pre-order! ❤️🫶🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciara said:

I understand why you say this but I loved Winning because of the verses and surprisingly Big Willie added the toughness the song needed. It does have cringy lyrics though. 

Yeah, lyrics are very cringy & juvenile.  I know you like the song but just know you are in the minority who actually like it. She needs to put out more modern mature slow jams with better lyrics/ production and/or a infectious club hit as well. 

The kiddie cutesy boppy songs are why people dont like the newer recent music. Its not gaining newer fans, and she is losing OG fans. 

How we Roll is a good start tho, now she just has to be better at promoting/marketing. 

Edited by KING ACE
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KING ACE said:

Yeah, lyrics are very cringy & juvenile.  I know you like the song but just know you are in the minority who actually like it. She needs to put out more modern mature slow jams with better lyrics and/or a infectious club hit as well. 

The kiddie cutesy boppy songs are why people dont like the newer recent music. Its not gaining newer fans, and she is losing OG fans. 

How we Roll is a good start to, now she just has to be better at promoting/marketing. 

Agreed! 

I just want to hear Winning in full one good time thoooo 🤭

4 hours ago, totofogo said:

not this gif :rip:

stream Level Up for clear skin

Oh interesting you don’t want people coming for Tuna Can but you egging Ciara foolishness on here! Girl I should drag you for real cause I was keeping it cute with you but you trying it 

3 hours ago, ciara said:

Oh interesting you don’t want people coming for Tuna Can but you egging Ciara foolishness on here! Girl I should drag you for real cause I was keeping it cute with you but you trying it 

the hell is this girl 

I'm not a fan of that gif, I'm saying **** that stream Ciara. I just wasn't so direct as I didn't take @AintNoOtherMe's post all that serious, they're in good fun and clearly excited for this album from their previous posts in this thread lol

I posted Level Up bc it was a huge hit well after that gif projects her downfall

EDIT: and here you are again talking about Tinashe in another thread. Let all women succeed.

It's like you're upset that others are also fans of your fave lmao

Edited by totofogo
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.