Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

Genuinely asking, how can we now when the artist is using Spotify autoplay payola? 
Because if I listen a lot of kpop and then kpop songs will be in my autoplay. It's not like I am listening just metal music and suddenly play T-Ara Bo Peep Bo Peep
Then would be very suspicious 

TBH, you can not know if there is forced autoplay or not... you just have to believe the stories told by random people on the internet.

 

On the other hand, if Spotify themselves announce any sort of deal, then you don't need any reason to doubt it and then it becomes obvious that companies have paid for it

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

I mean let’s be clear autoplay is very real and has become way more prevalent as of this year. However autoplay or not NJ and BP clearly have organic interest overseas as shown with their streams.

 

It’s the same way lots of people used to get Sabrina Carpenter’s Nonsense, Miley’s Flowers, The Weeknd’s Die For You on autoplay..it’s only really a problem if the streams suddenly fluctuate bc of it which obviously highlights the payola behind it, as seen with DFY and Nonsense

3 hours ago, Hazy said:

 

you must be really delusional if you really think that RV is talentless 

Please go and read my post again with context and the post I was replying to. I never said RV is talentless. In fact I never said ANY group is talentless. 

 

2 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

:bibliahh:I know right, like they changed the narrative QUICKLY. 

 

 

I know you are not someone worth explaining this to because you’ll pretend to not get it, but this was my original post:

6 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

It’s always funny when people just throw this blanket statement “twice talentless” around, not realizing this might apply to almost all kpop groups, maybe even more than Twice:dies:

Neither have I said anything about “vocals” here nor i have “desperately” inserted any other artist or group.

 

And this was the reply to my post where they talked about vocals for the first time:

5 hours ago, BTS said:

Objectively a lot of groups could be labeled as Talentless.
 

BTS only have one capable singer; Jungkook, Blackpink have none, NJs have none, Twice has Jihyo&Nayeon, IVE has Liz, TXT have none, Stray Kidz have none etc.

 

But image is everything in kpop.  Once you’re labelled as “talentless” it’s very hard to get rid of that label. 

 

And this was the post where i agreed with the above post and gave an example of RV because that was another major 3rd gen group that @BTSdidnt mention where the same logic could be applied to:

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Again with the Jeongyeon erasure but whatever

at least you know the word “talentless” is useless and never true when describing an entire kpop group with multiple members with different skills. Even RV only has Wendy and Seulgi by that logic (but you know there will be a war here if anyone calls RV talentless lol)

 

 

But of course that Jessica stan was offended and they jumped into this thinking I was “desperate” to shade RV, because of their victim complex, when in reality I couldn’t give a flying **** about them, and I simply mentioned them because they could also be used as an example because they have Yeri and Irene in the same group. (of course Joy is there and I don’t think she can’t sing, I just simply forgot to mention her name along with Wendy and Seulgi).

 

 

Of course all of this is gonna go over your head, and that other user is going to cherry-pick certain statements of this post to make me look like the crazy one (just watch). That’s their usual narcissistic behavior in this thread that they’ve pulled on me plenty of times before. And you’ll be the one circlejerking on their post.  It’s a tale as old as time. But anyway, that’s all. :cm:

Edited by Witnessed ET

3 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I mean let’s be clear autoplay is very real and has become way more prevalent as of this year. However autoplay or not NJ and BP clearly have organic interest overseas as shown with their streams.

 

It’s the same way lots of people used to get Sabrina Carpenter’s Nonsense, Miley’s Flowers, The Weeknd’s Die For You on autoplay..it’s only really a problem if the streams suddenly fluctuate bc of it which obviously highlights the payola behind it, as seen with DFY and Nonsense

DFY? You mean the remix not the og version 

1 minute ago, Cotton said:

I mean let’s be clear autoplay is very real and has become way more prevalent as of this year. However autoplay or not NJ and BP clearly have organic interest overseas as shown with their streams.

 

It’s the same way lots of people used to get Sabrina Carpenter’s Nonsense, Miley’s Flowers, The Weeknd’s Die For You on autoplay..it’s only really a problem if the streams suddenly fluctuate bc of it which obviously highlights the payola behind it, as seen with DFY and Nonsense

DFY is still top 10 and sang by The Weeknd and Ariana, streaming giants, Flowers is a global smash, of course they would come on autoplay if someone’s listening to similar songs, the same way I’m getting Sza’s songs when I listen to more r&b leaning tracks

 

the only questionable song this year was Sabrina’s Nonsense - it dropped like a rock the day they stopped that deal 

 

NJ still has OMG at #30 and Ditto took off naturally right after the release 

1 hour ago, Hazy said:

there are some things that connect Taylor and BP - both are on the sold out stadium tour, have amazing streaming stats (for both of their standard and reach) and sell tons of albums, especially in their respective markets - Swifties and Blinks supportive and well-rounded fanbases :clap3:

 

same can’t be said about Twice and Onces, for various reasons 

I love when you say for both their standard :clap3:

12 minutes ago, Adama said:

DFY? You mean the remix not the og version 

Yes the remix

 

9 minutes ago, Hazy said:

DFY is still top 10 and sang by The Weeknd and Ariana, streaming giants, Flowers is a global smash, of course they would come on autoplay if someone’s listening to similar songs, the same way I’m getting Sza’s songs when I listen to more r&b leaning tracks

 

the only questionable song this year was Sabrina’s Nonsense - it dropped like a rock the day they stopped that deal 

 

NJ still has OMG at #30 and Ditto took off naturally right after the release 

I know but there was a time a couple days after it’s release where it’s streams skyrocketed randomly which obviously wasn’t organic but done to secure the #1. My point was only the fact it happens and in some cases the song is an organic hit with the listeners and other times it’s not. 

Edited by Cotton

Are some people still playing the “streams” card here? :rip:
Twice still has good streams despite not being heavily playlisted on Spotify and mainly carried by their fanbase. The “b-b-but sales!!!!” argument is so uninformed because yall KNOW how kpop artists sales are mainly fueled by bulk buying and multiple versions, and since Twice has more members and more versions, it’s not impossible to think they sold more in the US (especially since they’ve been growing their audience CONSISTENTLY over the years).
You would imagine that being a kpop stan for however many years would give you that much context, but I guess lack of critical thinking can only take you so far :dies:

30 minutes ago, Hazy said:

to be honest I don’t think such thing even exists :rip: I was just replying and stating that I indeed got Moonlight Sunrise on autoplay so it’s not true that Twice doesn’t have that (and they are still below BP, right after their ep release lol) 

Also bp has better on demand streams than any group that's not bts, since ktl era and there was no such "payola" at the time so obphs need to come with better excuses for their favs' lack of streams, plus it has been like 6 months since born pink release and their daily streams are still superb. 

I'm sorry you thought differently

Now, get that mess away from ME

 

Giselle really ate on this. Hope SM lets them promote their solo songs somehow :clap3:

 

 

 

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Please go and read my post again with context and the post I was replying to. I never said RV is talentless. In fact I never said ANY group is talentless. 

 

I know you are not someone worth explaining this to because you’ll pretend to not get it, but this was my original post:

Neither have I said anything about “vocals” here nor i have “desperately” inserted any other artist or group.

 

And this was the reply to my post where they talked about vocals for the first time:

 

And this was the post where i agreed with the above post and gave an example of RV because that was another major 3rd gen group that @BTSdidnt mention where the same logic could be applied to:

But of course that Jessica stan was offended and they jumped into this thinking I was “desperate” to shade RV, because of their victim complex, when in reality I couldn’t give a flying **** about them, and I simply mentioned them because they could also be used as an example because they have Yeri and Irene in the same group. (of course Joy is there and I don’t think she can’t sing, I just simply forgot to mention her name along with Wendy and Seulgi).

 

 

Of course all of this is gonna go over your head, and that other user is going to cherry-pick certain statements of this post to make me look like the crazy one (just watch). That’s their usual narcissistic behavior in this thread that they’ve pulled on me plenty of times before. And you’ll be the one circlejerking on their post.  It’s a tale as old as time. But anyway, that’s all. :cm:

and what logic exactly could be applied to RV in that post from BTS user? :rip: when it was singing oriented, mind you, and somehow you felt the need to bring up RV

 

please watch Twice latest encore and say again that Jihyo and Nayeon are on Wendy and Seulgi’s (and forgotten Joy) level and then mention again how Irene and Yeri are „talentless” in singing department:rip: no shame truly 

 

and I don’t care about Zack’s opinions :rip:

 

 

17 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I love when you say for both their standard :clap3:

of course I do, MPG standard, something Twice can’t really relate to in the real world :flower:

 

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Are some people still playing the “streams” card here? :rip:
Twice still has good streams despite not being heavily playlisted on Spotify and mainly carried by their fanbase. The “b-b-but sales!!!!” argument is so uninformed because yall KNOW how kpop artists sales are mainly fueled by bulk buying and multiple versions, and since Twice has more members and more versions, it’s not impossible to think they sold more in the US (especially since they’ve been growing their audience CONSISTENTLY over the years).
You would imagine that being a kpop stan for however many years would give you that much context, but I guess lack of critical thinking can only take you so far :dies:

still outstreamed by BP’s 6 months old 8 tracks album with barely any playlisting as of now 

You can tell there hasn't been anything exciting in kpop for a while when this thread goes in a loop with the same discussions. :ahh:

 

I fear no other JYPig group will be able to top this song or release something alike. :jonny6:

1 hour ago, dlwlrma said:

Genuinely asking, how can we now when the artist is using Spotify autoplay payola? 
Because if I listen a lot of kpop and then kpop songs will be in my autoplay. It's not like I am listening just metal music and suddenly play T-Ara Bo Peep Bo Peep
Then would be very suspicious 

payola is when an artist/group i don’t like does something or has any success, when my faves do the same thing it’s 100% homegrown organic fresh from the farmer’s market

38 minutes ago, Hazy said:

and what logic exactly could be applied to RV in that post from BTS user? :rip: when it was singing oriented, mind you, and somehow you felt the need to bring up RV

 

please watch Twice latest encore and say again that Jihyo and Nayeon are on Wendy and Seulgi’s (and forgotten Joy) level and then mention again how Irene and Yeri are „talentless” in singing department:rip: no shame truly 

 

and I don’t care about Zack’s opinions :rip:

 

 

“Jihyo and Nayeon are on Seulgi and Wendy’s level” “Yeri and Irene are talentless” you really want to put words in my mouth, don’t you :dies: this was never EVER about comparing which vocalist sings better than who, rather about people randomly calling an entire group “talentless” because of a few vocal holes in the group. But sure, paint me as a hater I guess. I know you have a hate boner for Twice but don’t expect I am the same just because I name-dropped a certain group for the sake of the conversation. This was probably the first time I ever mentioned RV in an overall discussion without anyone bringing them up, and wooo lord the defensiveness was a sight to see. :dies:
anyway, I’m done with this debate.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:33 AM, Butters said:

 

 


Oh wow, she actually did this gorgeous classic justice

 

I am impressed

 

the Japanese comments are japanesing :eek:

some saying that this cover is played on some Japanese shows? 
 

Slay 

48 minutes ago, Hazy said:

of course I do, MPG standard, something Twice can’t really relate to in the real world :flower:

 

still outstreamed by BP’s 6 months old 8 tracks album with barely any playlisting as of now 

And i wonder who told you Twice is in the same level of popularity as BP. And it looks like you believed it and got insecure? Sounds like a you problem. No wonder y’all are talking to the wall again with “BP bigger!” “Twice can’t relate!” “BP outstreamed!” :dies:

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

my god I can't wait for my date :WAP:

 

 

Ugh so skinny

 

Lisa in long black hair is always a SEVER serve

Not jisoos debut song called flower :chick3: I was expecting it to start with "o" so the first letter of their solo songs will be completed as S-O-L-O :rip:

EXO is truly the best group of all time. I'm dead serious, their discography is impeccable, from the group albums to the solo albums, pure perfection. :jonny5:

 

8 hours ago, BTS said:

Objectively a lot of groups could be labeled as Talentless.
 

BTS only have one capable singer; Jungkook, Blackpink have none, NJs have none, Twice has Jihyo&Nayeon, IVE has Liz, TXT have none, Stray Kidz have none etc.

 

But image is everything in kpop.  Once you’re labelled as “talentless” it’s very hard to get rid of that label. 

How is Liz considered a capable singer but not Rosé? 

 

This narrative that Stray Kids doesn't have capable singers is weird, cause every member except for Hyunjin, Felix and I.N can hold their own vocally. Seungmin is either on Jungkook's level or a little better than him. Keep in mind that Stray Kids also lost a member who was supposed to be their main vocal (Woojin), who was a very capable vocalist. After he left the group, all the remaining members had to step up their game and improve even more which they did.

Like imagine if BTS lost Jungkook, then they would be over, since they won't be able to pull off most of their songs without him. The gap between Jungkook and the rest of the members is just too big, but that's not the case with Stray Kids, since the gap between the members is not as big, which is why they were able to re-record and replace Woojin's lines with their own with no difficulty. 

 

 

7 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

Joy can sing too, it is surprising how some of you want to give a pass to Jisoo, Liz, Jennie, Jeongyeon, etc but always take their chances to erase Joy's vocal talent, sure, she is no Mariah but the girl is as capable as Rosé to say the least:michael: Also no one in RV is as terrible as Momo/Tzuyu/Daehyun/Chaeyoung/Lisa:rip:

Lisa has improved a lot in singing actually, like listen to their Born Pink album. She can hold her own and is decent vocally

 

6 hours ago, CrisPop said:

I think it’s time for you all to realize that some booty shaking and body rolling does not make you a good dancer :skull:

 

Seulgi best 3rd gen dancer. 

she's not even top 5

Edited by Pluto2022

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.