Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

I think eleven and love dive are not basic but I do agree with someone in this thread when said After Like is like Taio Cruz stater kit!:coffee:

NJ musics are definitely not basic like they have very clear and distinctive references. Even Hurt has a clear inspiration from doo-*** music like how could you have a straight face when accusing their music as basic:rip:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

11 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way Eleven and Love Dive don’t have unnecessary raps in them instantly made them quality for me :clap3:

And then y'll complained about why Gaeul didn't have more lines? Like pick a struggle :rip: 

 

1 minute ago, paperfectdelusion said:

I think eleven and love dive are not basic but I do agree with someone in this thread when said After Like is like Taio Cruz stater kit!:coffee:

NJ musics are definitely not basic like they have very clear and distinctive references. Even Hurt has a clear inspiration from doo-*** music like how could you have a straight face when accusing their music as basic:rip:

:celestial5:

3 minutes ago, Adama said:

What is fresh about OMG? The song sound like a Sweetener reject :dies:

Pls it would be one of the highlights of Sweetener n
NJ make very catchy and breezy r&b-pop without it being cringe, how is that not fresh in the current K-pop landscape? :skull:

28 minutes ago, Butters said:

Kpop gg stans still complaining about the “noise” sound in 2023 :rip: and is the noise music trend in the room with us right now? 

Nnn speak on it. Who else is really doing "noise' aside from maybe aespa? It's clear that there's not really one singular trend dominating right now as opposed to when everyone was doing girl crush in 2018, and I honestly prefer it this way 

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

And then y'll complained about why Gaeul didn't have more lines? Like pick a struggle :rip: 

 

:celestial5:

No one seriously wants Gaeul to rap.  Just let her sing even if she’s weak vocally. :rip:
 

7 minutes ago, Butters said:

If anything’s innovative about NewJeans it’s the choreo. It’s v refreshing to watch kpop dances where they make so much eye contact and interact with each other rather than the ones where you can tell members are just counting down for their part in the center :ducky: it’s one of the reasons why you always hear people say they seem like a group of friends having fun

They have been doing the same choreo 3 times already the moves are straight up taken from Tik tok. 
 

 

11 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Anyway Stayc >>> 

what happened to them? I haven't heard about them since their comeback flopped 

5 minutes ago, Sept said:

And then y'll complained about why Gaeul didn't have more lines? Like pick a struggle :rip: 

 

:celestial5:

Who? I’m the one complaining about Liz. Pay attention babe. 
but now that you mentioned it, Gauel singing “oh my oh my god” three times and dipping isn’t exactly fair either, rap or not. 

4 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

what happened to them? I haven't heard about them since their comeback flopped 

they put out their Japanese debut POPPY (that also flopped in Japan nnn)

BEP better stop playing around cuz I KNOW they do have smashes piling up somewhere on their shelves

 

 

5 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

No one seriously wants Gaeul to rap.  Just let her sing even if she’s weak vocally. :rip:
 

They have been doing the same choreo 3 times already the moves are straight up taken from Tik tok. 
 

 

I wasnt speaking on the moves themselves but the interaction aspect. That’s kind novel to me as someone who watches mostly kpop dances. But it does give TikTok dancer friends that rehearsed a lil jig together I see what you mean 

1 minute ago, Flomik said:

they put out their Japanese debut POPPY (that also flopped in Japan nnn)

BEP better stop playing around cuz I KNOW they do have smashes piling up somewhere on their shelves

 

 

they got overshadowed by the new ggs i fear

 

it's crazy because when they debuted with hit after hit I thought they were gonna be the next big thing

I knew I liked her for a reason on Wednesday :clap3:

 

 

Edited by Witnessed ET

10 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I knew I liked her for a reason on Wednesday :clap3:

 

 

No way she named one of my fave songs and also explain why 17. 

 

She's a real carat :clap3:

12 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

“I am you” deserved better, one of their best I fear, Woojin did his thing :clap3:

 

Literally their worst title track, there's a reason Get Cool outstreamed and outsold

 

mama-this-is-garbage-ru-pauls-drag-race.

8 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

No way she named one of my fave songs and also explain why 17. 

 

She's a real carat :clap3:

 

40 minutes ago, Cain said:

Pls it would be one of the highlights of Sweetener n
NJ make very catchy and breezy r&b-pop without it being cringe, how is that not fresh in the current K-pop landscape? :skull:

Please It would have been a reject, but at least Ari would have added some vocals on it. 
 

You just have to check k hip hop/urban songs to see that OMG is just a basic rnb tune and Korean are familiar with this sound. 
 


 

2 hours ago, Cain said:

NJ are atleast doing fresh music, y'all really love the dated 2012 dance sound that much?

:clap3:

Just realized NewJeans sound is basically a rip off of Ariana Grande without the hit singles. Like if you took all her post Dangerous Woman non-single output and put the hook to 11 that's what their sound is, r&b-trap inspired pop music :deadbanana4: MHJ really knows her stuff omg

FLO doesn't have the backing NewJeans have. I can't even remember the last time a girl group in the west debuted with commercial success from the bat without the propelling of a competition show so this comparison isn't making sense to me.

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Not these f-words starting this IVE vs. NewJennies **** now :dies:

 

yall gheys should be grateful that the girlies like IVE, NJ and LSRFM are serving GOOD music across the board and we are able to witness their slayage at this very moment :rip:

 

stop the drama start the music :cm:

 

(I’ll still complain about Liz not having enough lines though)

RIGHT?! That's what I'm peeved about, and not the OLHs in this thread calling her voice nasal like pls :deadbanana4: she is NAWT a Jisoo or Lisa like pls, she deserves the Mia from EVERGLOW treatment!

21 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

No way she named one of my fave songs and also explain why 17. 

 

She's a real carat :clap3:

I know I was impressed she chose “To You”. I thought she was gonna go with a popular song. A true fan :clap3:

 

 

12 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

 

Ugh such a gem in their discography :heart:

also their mic was ON! 
the way DK and Seungkwan can sing the roof OFF every single time but I like how lowkey they are in this song.

:jonny:
 

 

1 hour ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Mte. IVE > sh*ttyjeans 

bffr

57 minutes ago, Adama said:

And IVE also made in with Love dive so ? 

I said "Best of 2022", not "Best of KPOP 2022". Different league :gaycat5:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.