Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Cain said:

I kinda like Eleven but After Like sounds like a cheap local UK hit and Love Dive sounds straight off the Can’t Be Tamed album, I don’t really get IVE’s appeal 

everything about ive is cheap but that's to be expected from starship

 

you can take the company out of nugudom but you can't take the nugudom out of the company

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

this history revisionist nnnnnn

 

Somebody better dig up the posts from Next Level's release day. It was a MOMENT in ATRL Kpop Thread's history :cm:

they are a hot and polarising topic in here but I feel that after NL slayage, Savage ep and DCT most of the thread warmed up for their music… too bad sm messed up everything about the Girls era but still, people are still waiting and hoping they will come through with better material

 

I bet some people here think I’m aespa hater too, yet here I am waiting for their comeback and hoping for more Illusions and Lucid Dreams 

 

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

People talk about about music it’s true but it’s always about brand. BTS declined quality wise, dynamite  butter and PTD are in the same league as BLY or life’s to short and they still reached a new peak. You give BP’s singles to anyone and they would tank because they don’t have the charisma and individual star power to pull off. 

NJ is R&B influenced but a group like Flo still unknown, the truth true beside the music their image carried their success. LSRF has this boss ***** image to less extend than BP but they’re relatable and it’s easy to identify through them.  

true dat 

 

for example aespa case if we’re already speaking about them 

it’s hard to believe in aespa concept when the girls themselves look lifeless on the stage when performing, giggling during interviews when kwangya is mentioned… sm is unserious with pushing that concept too much and it’s doing damage to aespa’s brand 

 

they were selling it with NL and Savage but it seems they got tired of that and I cannot blame them for it 

Just now, Luckitty said:

everything about ive is cheap but that's to be expected from starship

 

you can take the company out of nugudom but you can't take the nugudom out of the company

I don't think it's nugudom (since they are backed up by Kakao) but it's more profit maximization.

 

Everything about IVE seems to be aimed at squeezing as much money as possible. They did the same with SISTAR, but with IVE it's working better because they have the physical sales too.

 

I don't think it will be sustainable though and if anything bad happens to Wonyoung's reputation, the group will struggle, since it's all built around her.

4 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

everything about ive is cheap but that's to be expected from starship

 

you can take the company out of nugudom but you can't take the nugudom out of the company

ugh, YES.

 

I love every single song IVE has released, but the inexistent effort that Starship puts in their brand really irks me, like... 0 investment. 

6 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

everything about ive is cheap but that's to be expected from starship

 

you can take the company out of nugudom but you can't take the nugudom out of the company

True they will never make it in the the west brcsys their brand is becoming cheaper you wouldn’t think they sold 3M albums. 0 budget  

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

I don't think it's nugudom (since they are backed up by Kakao) but it's more profit maximization.

 

Everything about IVE seems to be aimed at squeezing as much money as possible. They did the same with SISTAR, but with IVE it's working better because they have the physical sales too.

 

I don't think it will be sustainable though and if anything bad happens to Wonyoung's reputation, the group will struggle, since it's all built around her.

I agree, they are pushing Wonyoung to the max, let’s remember she’s only 18 and really overworked 

 

I didn’t like and understand her push since the beginning, maybe because I wasn’t interested in IZ*ONE too

anyways, that’s one of the factors I will never fully get into IVE, it feels like they really built whole group around one member and I refuse to see anything special about her (sans her beauty)

 

but I must admit the girl works hard and the credit is due here 

IVE is some typical nugu group with no budget but with two famous members and with sprinkles on top to make it appear shiny and glamorous - I refuse too see them the way they presented it in LD mv but if they would be able to mantain that image it would work really well for them 

 

but then they have perfectly manufactured ear candy pop music and that’s what’s helping them 

10 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

 

NCT Hollywood is finally happening.. and HYBE x UMG gg is gonna be formed by a survival show :ace:

 

they cannot be THAT stupid omg  

9 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

I’m calling it. Babymonster is gonna be a NMIXX level flop in Korea. 

This is what I’m feeling too 

5 minutes ago, Narima said:

 

cute

Wow I really liked one more to my playlist

Why everyone what's their survival group? leave it to broadcasting companies 

the new H1-Key song sounds like something that would smash with the korean GP :jonny4: i hope it does

42 minutes ago, Narima said:

 

cute

so pretty. take notes CSR

 

--------------------

rose blossom kinda mid. a shame since the art direction for the comeback is top tier

Edited by Antunes

36 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

everyone already switching on ive :ahh: 

yes it’s hilarious because I remember during Love Dive and After Like people were obsessing over them :ahh:

 

Le Sserafim will be next, then NewJeans, then Baby monsters and the cycle will go on and on

 

Also started listening to CHUNG HA’s discog yesterday and it’s so good :jonny4: was reading up on the label drama, I hope her label start treating her better seeing or just release her from contract. 

8 hours ago, Sorecer said:

We need rino nakasone :rip:

 

 

Kiel :skull: why does Korea keep employing that man

I just know he's behind that terrible dance break

 

Fun fact this song was rejected by JYP, it was intended for Twice.

17 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

:soda:

Oops :coffee2: If you're gonna lipsync, do it with a new cover song at least so people don't have anything to compare to :giraffe:

people telling that IVE brand is cheap and that it’s bad that their group is built around Wonyoung =/= abandoning them, not admiring their music anymore 

 

it’s still so weird to me how people in the stan world are not allowed to express their opinions and point of view because they will be put in the „traitor” and „bandwagoner” box 

I don't get this IVE scandal. Literally EVERY group lipsyncs nowadays, even on 'talent' shows like Queendom, on season 1 only Mamamoo was singing live. I get it, they were seated, that's a whole another level, but to make a scandal out of it? :cupid: 

7 minutes ago, Hazy said:

people telling that IVE brand is cheap and that it’s bad that their group is built around Wonyoung =/= abandoning them, not admiring their music anymore 

 

it’s still so weird to me how people in the stan world are not allowed to express their opinions and point of view because they will be put in the „traitor” and „bandwagoner” box 

!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.