Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

this is starting to hit all of a sudden

yess sporty queens lemme go get a gym membership :jonny5:

 

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

45 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

i don’t think Min Heejin was ever responsible for music in SM. She was an art director

 

ok I'm glad someone brought this up because it's been bugging me.

 

so she was an art director. then why is so much of the music that accompanied her concepts amazing? Coincidence? Was the period she worked at SM just coincidentally a great era of music for SM?

 

I have this theory that she was secretly running or at least very involved in A&R at SM, but the men in the company didn't want to give her credit for picking the bops

1 hour ago, Adama said:

The way Wendell and Ning Ning would have bodied HB chorus. But I also like Hanni and Haerin voices so it’s fine! 
 

The War is so so good. A summer masterpiece, leading by the Eve being one of the best Kpop b side in history :jonnycat:! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With their comeback I hope they can get better b sides bc honestly DFTF was very forgettable for their standard. I only use Paradise and No matter ! 

Runaway is just a bad attempt to recreate Oasis vibes. 

same (plus DFTF) :gaycat6:  i never got runaway's appeal even though it seems to be a favorite in the fandom :rip:

I thought MHJ didn’t have some influence that people seem to say but I look at her works and her last project was psycho aka RV last great TT. :ducky: She’s like what BEP was to twice expect for SM artists. 
 

https://medium.com/@hydekick/the-influential-k-pop-creative-director-min-heejin-beabeffae446


 

 

they’re just here to collect their daesangs (I hope :biblionny:)

 

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

I knew I liked her for a reason on Wednesday :clap3:

 

 

I loved her before I love her even more now 

 

She also follows newjeans, all lesserafim members, taeyeon,  shinee and of course seventeen and others on Insta 

 

She's one of us :jonny5:

Edited by Sorecer

21 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

I loved her before I love her even more now 

 

She also follows newjeans, all lesserafim members, taeyeon,  shinee and of course seventeen and others on Insta 

 

She's one of us :jonny5:

She has taste :clap3:

girlie knows everything about Seventeen :clap3:

11 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:snowman:

Another bop :clap3:

I'm a hybehyena for sure :jonny5:

This is underrated. I wish she hadn't left SM, imagine all the quality music she couldve released

 

 

A true all-rounder yet isn't given the Wonyoung treatment :monkey:

 

 

4 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

A true all-rounder yet isn't given the Wonyoung treatment :monkey:

 

 

Oh please. She has the most lines, get the dance breaks, get MC jobs and cfs like I know Wonyoung is pushed but if people chose to ignore Yujin that’s not Miss strawberry’s fault. 

2 hours ago, Sept said:

How come Itzy is not even on that list? :gaycat6:

Their only hit, Sneakers, performed similar to Illusion and My Bag on the chart (250-280M points on Circle).

 

Everything else they released last year bombed, so it's not enough. NMIXX is missing from the list too. JYP has a LOT of work to do this year :skull:

 

13 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

A true all-rounder yet isn't given the Wonyoung treatment :monkey:

 

 

On the contrary I would say. Miss Yujingend seems to have the best of both worlds - she gets pushed, CFs, MC jobs & brand deals - maybe not as much as Wonyoung but sees barely 1/100 the hates Miss Strawbery receives.:fan: The only time she receives "hate" is when Wonyoung antis say "Wonyoung, Yujin and friends" instead of "Wonyoung and friends" to appear that their hate towards Won. is less obvious.

Once she starts acting her IT girl potential will truly start to explode.:clap3:

Need her in a romance / romantic comedy with EunWoo (or another popular actor) in a few years (though I can already see the international delulus bringing up that CF they did before she debuted).

 

12 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Oh please. She has the most lines, get the dance breaks, get MC jobs and cfs like I know Wonyoung is pushed but if people chose to ignore Yujin that’s not Miss strawberry’s fault. 

Well she is the second best vocalist, second best dancer, second most popular and second visual of the group - so she deserves all the promotion she gets:gaycat1:

Can't believe the original Somi(s) of k-pop flop bop is gonna be 10 years old this year :jonny5:

jWB3Dyn.gif

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

How come a flop nugu group like Not My Girl being on this list should be your first question :redface:

After their huge success in 2020 I wouldn't call them nugu. 

Is just that their last release was an underperformance (I don't even remember when it was released :deadbanana:). 

 

I'm more surprised about TWICE missing on that list. 

They have tons of smashes/hits, yearly releases (at the very least), constant promotion and many songs. Seeing them not getting enough to get into the top 10 is quite socking.

Edited by Rainy Devil

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

This is underrated. I wish she hadn't left SM, imagine all the quality music she couldve released

 

 

I miss singer Seohyun :'( 

This is the best Ariana clone song from that era.

 

2 hours ago, Lost In Paradise said:

so she was an art director. then why is so much of the music that accompanied her concepts amazing? Coincidence? Was the period she worked at SM just coincidentally a great era of music for SM?

Yeah, it's pretty much a case of all the stars aligning and both the music department and art department being top notch at the same time.

Not Haerin and Minji probably snatching

Dior and Chanel :jonny5:

 

Newjennies :jonny5:

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.