Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

21 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

The female album that sold 2.7M not nominated mmmmh :bird: glad they are never visiting a Korean "Awardshow" ever again

more proof that it's not really a popularity contest :gaycat4: 

10 minutes ago, Sept said:

And no idol has ever won Album Of The Year. Baek Yerin is the closest to "pop" culture. The other winners are all indie acts

yea and it's not like yerin sells alot too. our love is great sold 3,000 copies and she still won album of the year be cause it's that good

2 hours ago, Flomik said:

Super Junior's Heechul is getting DRAGGEDDDD

the ratio :rip:

 

a literal pig :mazen:

 

8 minutes ago, Tomek said:

gay men can't have PEACE

omg mte when i saw it on the news i was sad because he was like the most respected gay celebrity and now he's over :redface:

6 hours ago, JoanneActII said:

 

random but slay 

Not her releasing this after I just praised this song earlier :jonny5:

The video was cute...maybe lil' too many After Effects filters for my liking, but it was creative and cute and somewhat creepy...which I loved.

 

OT: The lyrics are interesting in the context of what's happening at the company...

and tomboy is actually critically acclaimed in south Korea it makes sense its nominated, no matter how bad soyeons lyrics are in that song it serves its purpose as a feminist anthem :giraffe: but next time soyeon should not attempt to write nonsensical English lyrics but it seems like it's working for her since tomboy is the 2nd most successful song in sk last year and nxde's success so I don't see her changing it up:coffee2:

1 minute ago, jeanie said:

and tomboy is actually critically acclaimed in south Korea it makes sense its nominated, no matter how bad soyeons lyrics are in that song it serves its purpose as a feminist anthem :giraffe: but next time soyeon should not attempt to write nonsensical English lyrics but it seems like it's working for her since tomboy is the 2nd most successful song in sk last year and nxde's success so I don't see her changing it up:coffee2:

:penguin:

I don't wanna play this ping pong
I would rather film a TikTok
Your mom raised you as a prince
But this is queendom, right?
I like dancing, I love my friends
Sometimes we swear without cigarettes
I like to eh, on drinking whiskey
I won't change it, what the hell?

13 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Actor Yoo Ah-in tests positive for marijuana

 

he's ******

koreans need to leave this gay king alone...

2 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

omg mte when i saw it on the news i was sad because he was like the most respected gay celebrity and now he's over :redface:

it's over for us fk

3 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

:penguin:

yes tomboy is critically acclaimed in sk :rip: I personally don't love the song and find soyeon's English lyrics on that song as bad as anyone sees it but I see praise about the song's theme and topic in sk that's why it went viral in the 1st place :deadbanana4:

21 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Companies are usually run by majority rule (i.e. 50% of shares or more) and not plurality (whoever has the most). A company without a majority shareholder will run on a voting system.

It's hard to say if HYBE will control things without any details, but let's dissect some hypothetical scenarios:

Perhaps the 15% share (HYBE) will be the only one paying attention to the governance of the company, with the rest split up among millions of people holding them in retirement accounts. In that case, buying the 15% effectively buys control of the company.

But perhaps there are two 8% shareholders who have formed their own bloc that can outvote the single 15% holder.

The closer you get to 51%, the better, if you don't, then it's all voting between the active members who actually care to vote.

I mean we don't know what SM's shareholder contract actually is. Repeated references to LSM having "controlling shares" seems to me that he might have some additional voting rights above other shareholders, but it's all speculation.

 

We do know that HYBE is only gaining influence now that they hold 15% shares and are preparing to enter a bidding battle with Kakao for a further 25%. Though HYBE's purchase still also needs to pass antitrust clearance. Kakao acquired 9%, so they don't need the clearance, but their purchase is being named in LSM's lawsuit, which could cause them issues if he ends up winning the lawsuit.

 

It's also being revealed in their latest statements that they've essentially dungeoned LSM for 3 years.

 

speaking of gay celebrities, it won't be good for shinee key if sm becomes a part of hybe since mbc banned hybe artists from its broadcast and he's a regular on their show i live alone

42 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

The female album that sold 2.7M not nominated mmmmh :bird: glad they are never visiting a Korean "Awardshow" ever again

It's the attendance awards :ducky:

3 hours ago, Flomik said:

Super Junior's Heechul is getting DRAGGEDDDD

the ratio :rip:

 

Literal trash :pukey: 

But I'm all for SJ's takedown, so he can keep going.

If Hybe utilizes SM's vocal coaches and training programmings, their next generation idols will be next level talented when you combine their already impressive performing training framework with SM's superior vocal trainings. 

7 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

I don't wanna play this ping pong
I would rather film a TikTok
Your mom raised you as a prince
But this is queendom, right?
I like dancing, I love my friends
Sometimes we swear without cigarettes
I like to eh, on drinking whiskey
I won't change it, what the hell?

Her gayle serve

5 minutes ago, Zack said:

I mean we don't know what SM's shareholder contract actually is. Repeated references to LSM having "controlling shares" seems to me that he might have some additional voting rights above other shareholders, but it's all speculation.

 

We do know that HYBE is only gaining influence now that they hold 15% shares and are preparing to enter a bidding battle with Kakao for a further 25%. Though HYBE's purchase still also needs to pass antitrust clearance. Kakao acquired 9%, so they don't need the clearance, but their purchase is being named in LSM's lawsuit, which could cause them issues if he ends up winning the lawsuit.

 

1. Unlikely

 

2. That's a huge problem. It's called an hostile takeover but it's not an easy thing to do. There are multiple rules in place to notify the others shareholders of what you're trying to accomplish. Buying 5-10-15% is easy, 30-40%? Not so much. But again, LSM was HATED and HYBE is better than ever. I have no idea of what's going to happen.

 

19 minutes ago, Zack said:

It's also being revealed in their latest statements that they've essentially dungeoned LSM for 3 years.

oh I know Jessica is poppin bottles as we speak :dies:

31 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

let people smoke weed ffs!

nnn right? like I get that it’s a cultural thing, but it’s weed not crack :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

nnn right? like I get that it’s a cultural thing, but it’s weed not crack :toofunny2:

he was actually positive for it while they were investigating him over another drug that is illegal in korea :redface:

 

them playing next level to censor him is sending aksdkdkfkf :redface:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.