K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

10 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Based on wikipedia, it's not. But idk, was there an announcement anywhere?

Anyway, several articles referred it as a "b-side"

welp i guess it can count as a b side that was heavily promoted (for b side standarts)

Edited by hallucinate

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

The Korean GP is impressed by everything about NewJeans

How do u record a song without vocals guide? How did they know what the song sounds like if there's no demo? Not like they composed the song themselves. They are trying so hard to push this "we are so talented and not manufactured" narrative :rip:

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

i don’t recall any of the reveluvs in this thread being surprised when the song itself flopped - it was divisive from the beginning even with the fans :rip:

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

i’d say one flop single (LTS) since girls wasn’t that big ‪of a flop (imo) but other than that i agree

spacer.png

But LTS is an English single. By that logic we can classify Moonlight Sunrise as a flop since it doesn't chart in Korea at all?

1 minute ago, Sept said:

But LTS is an English single. By that logic we can classify Moonlight Sunrise as a flop since it doesn't chart in Korea at all?

considering korean charts only? yes

globally? no

LTS is a single regardless but i don’t count it as a title track

3 hours ago, Adama said:

Even if they outlast AL,That wasn’t my observation. My point was that Ditto in his peak still hasn’t pull bigger numbers than AL in circle points or with their ULS. Which I found interesting. 

Nobody cares about Spotify streams in 2023?? 

And it’s the same trajectory for NCT127 right now! From selling 2,4 millions to 1,9 million. THEY ARE INDEED LOOSING SALES  cb after cb:dies:. So why are you acting brave? 

EXO's Spotify streams aren't even that good, all SM acts (except the odd Red Velvet song) have terrible Spotify streams so it's a moot point. :rip:

That's just one unit (Dream are also slaying) and a 20% drop (likely caused by a recall during the first week) is nothing compared to the 45% drop EXO experienced from Tempo to Obsession. Overall 2 Baddies/Ay-Yo combined is on track to outsell Sticker/Favourite. :1stplace: UPWARDS trajectory. 

Ouuu not YG setting her up like this :deadbanana4:

Out of all rap songs, YG chose this song for her to cover?? :deadbanana4:

8 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

"getting ate out" isn't she 16 ljkfdslsdjlssd :deadbanana4:

and "I'm on one" :deadbanana4:

Edited by Flomik

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Still which means you will have more hits. So far hurt is only NJ’s bside and it didn’t do well. It’s not that hard to get. NJ will always have more hits  as long they keep having multiply singles. 
expect for Stay BP’s singles went top 10. 

Idk how it gonna outlast if AL as much  digital points as Ditto despite not them breaking the PAK record. 

Lovesick Girls didn’t do as well as HYLT, and same with Pink Venom & Shut Down. What NewJeans pulled off with Cookie/Attention/Hype Boy was the exception to the rules. If filming more MVs and some live performances would easily generate hits, then more companies would start doing that. The fact is when you start releasing multiple singles, you get diminishing returns, having multiple smash hits all at once is rarer and more impressive 

16 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Lovesick Girls didn’t do as well as HYLT

In Korea, LG was bigger than HYLT.

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

15 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

In Korea, LG was bigger than HYLT.

Not really? Basing on Gaon year-end charts: 

HYLT - 587,120,040 (2020)+292,235,557 (2021)= 879355597

LG - 332,166,714(2020)+504,838,497(2021) = 837005211

Besides, HYLT had a higher peak. 

34 minutes ago, Spark said:

EXO's Spotify streams aren't even that good, all SM acts (except the odd Red Velvet song) have terrible Spotify streams so it's a moot point. :rip:

That's just one unit (Dream are also slaying) and a 20% drop (likely caused by a recall during the first week) is nothing compared to the 45% drop EXO experienced from Tempo to Obsession. Overall 2 Baddies/Ay-Yo combined is on track to outsell Sticker/Favourite. :1stplace: UPWARDS trajectory. 

Aren’t even that good when they are with RV and Aespa the biggest SM acts on Spotify. And when they are the 3rd gen bg who performed the best behind BTS and are above NCT. The fact that their b side is bigger than NCT 127 TT on there :dies:.

Their 45% doesn’t matter at since end, since after that their sales climbed higher (+50%) something NCT 127 can’t relate. Unfortunately despite the questionable bulkbuying, people in SK and Internationally are still NOT checking their music 7 years into their career something Exo can’t relate. All the bulkbuying is only beneficial to SM pocket and none of the members, who will deal with unemployments when they hit 30 and when SM shelves them for their new and younger bg like they always do. 

No one was mentioning nct127 in the first place so move on. 

1 minute ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

HYLT biggest peak 

LSG longest longevity 

it depends which metric you’re looking into 

Edited by Adama

1 hour ago, Sept said:

How do u record a song without vocals guide? How did they know what the song sounds like if there's no demo? Not like they composed the song themselves. They are trying so hard to push this "we are so talented and not manufactured" narrative :rip:

I feel like I get what they’re trying to say, but I can’t explain it well :deadbanana: At the same time, there was obvious post-editing done to their “raw” vocals in those studio recording videos, so they’re still not making a point :rip:

yg is so embarrassing :deadbanana2: 

need BP to find a new label quickly 

10 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

LG has already passed HYLT in Gaon digital points 

9 minutes ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

I do think LSG surpassed HYLT in 2022. But anyways, LSG was definitely just as big as HYLT in Korea :cm:

55 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Teddy wrote those lyrics for her, despite the fact that she is a minor!? :rip:

4 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Teddy wrote those lyrics for her, despite the fact that she is a minor!? :rip:

it's a cover 

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

it's a cover 

The lyrics are completely different from the original. :penguin:

1 minute ago, BigBangStan said:

The lyrics are completely different from the original. :penguin:

oops sorry

it's a remix of that song

3 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Live your life sis :clap3:

Beating the poor allegations :clap3:

again inserting twice. Lame :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Lovesick Girls didn’t do as well as HYLT, and same with Pink Venom & Shut Down. What NewJeans pulled off with Cookie/Attention/Hype Boy was the exception to the rules. If filming more MVs and some live performances would easily generate hits, then more companies would start doing that. The fact is when you start releasing multiple singles, you get diminishing returns, having multiple smash hits all at once is rarer and more impressive 

(I didn’t say it’s not more impressive. But most companies don’t even care because they just want their groups to sell albums .) 
 Anyway I don’t get both HYLT and LSG are hits in Korea and internationally the same thing goes to Attention and HB. 
It’s one thing to release your song with less than one month gap than more than a month. Both OMG and LSG did “worse” than the pre releases and I wouldn’t say they’re aren’t hits. The first single will always have more hype.

Add the fact LSG was released during Chuseok at the end LSG has overtaken HYLT at least in Korea. 

44 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

I feel like I get what they’re trying to say, but I can’t explain it well :deadbanana: At the same time, there was obvious post-editing done to their “raw” vocals in those studio recording videos, so they’re still not making a point :rip:

And the mediaplay that "they are the only idol group" to do so whatever that means is... :rip:

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

not me thinking she was rapping in japanese & korean because I didn't understand what she said