K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

The fact that SKZ had their biggest streaming months ever in the last 2 months without a comeback, why? How come TXT who just released a comeback in January still not being able to out stream SKZ in the same month?  I wonder what the MOAs who have been dragging SKZ ever since TXT's latest comeback gonna say? 

SKZ Karma

natalienunn-bgc.gif

What Karma?

Skz has twice the discography of Txt since they have been around for longer

Skz comebacks like 3 times a year

Txt released their mini during the last week of January for a 5 track mini :skull:. Not enough time to accumulate those streams. You are not being fair with this comparison tbh. 

So yeah, it's expected for them to outstream Txt based on those factors alone

The fact that Txt is able to be on par with them, is the surprising one to me. :fan:

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

The fact that Txt is able to be on par with them, is the surprising one to me. :fan:

THIS. Like how can they matched streaming number to a group with 3x songs more than them :clap3:

Twinks Excellence :clap3:

Just now, Take Me Apart said:

La la la la la la la

spacer.png

Have you seen their setlist for their concert?

OPENING

Triple S - Beam 

Ment

AAA - Generation

AAA - Rolex

Ment

Seo Dahyun Solo - I'm In Love With You

Triple S - colourful

Ment

Krystal Eyes - Dimension +(KR) Version

New Unit (Kaede center) - Atmosphere

Ment

Triple S - Rising

ENDING

:duca:

2 hours ago, Xalric said:

Have you seen their setlist for their concert?

OPENING

Triple S - Beam 

Ment

AAA - Generation

AAA - Rolex

Ment

Seo Dahyun Solo - I'm In Love With You

Triple S - colourful

Ment

Krystal Eyes - Dimension +(KR) Version

New Unit (Kaede center) - Atmosphere

Ment

Triple S - Rising

ENDING

I have:wanda:

We’re getting so much content all at once

I’m so curious about the new unit

2 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

La la la la la la la

spacer.png

It's so good been bopping since the release.

However I do have concern about them in long run due to them came from small company. Like do their company have strong enough financial to support all these 24 girls and what happen if Jaden Jeong end up leaving the company. I guess I just have trust issue about small companies after seeing all the horrible things happened bts since 3rd Gen era especially for Loona recently.

5 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

What Karma?

Skz has twice the discography of Txt since they have been around for longer

Skz comebacks like 3 times a year

Txt released their mini during the last week of January for a 5 track mini :skull:. Not enough time to accumulate those streams. You are not being fair with this comparison tbh. 

So yeah, it's expected for them to outstream Txt based on those factors alone

skz also put out a 25 song mixtape at the end of december :skull:

13 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Lovesick Girls didn’t do as well as HYLT, and same with Pink Venom & Shut Down. What NewJeans pulled off with Cookie/Attention/Hype Boy was the exception to the rules. If filming more MVs and some live performances would easily generate hits, then more companies would start doing that. The fact is when you start releasing multiple singles, you get diminishing returns, having multiple smash hits all at once is rarer and more impressive 

exactly what I was trying to say :cm:

12 hours ago, Bonjourtristesse said:

Not really? Basing on Gaon year-end charts: 

HYLT - 587,120,040 (2020)+292,235,557 (2021)= 879355597

LG - 332,166,714(2020)+504,838,497(2021) = 837005211

Besides, HYLT had a higher peak. 

Lovesick Girls (2023): 945,7M index (still charting)
How You Like That (2023): 890,7M index (OUT)

LSG is defintely bigger overall :cm: 

6 minutes ago, Arthoe said:

Lovesick Girls (2023): 945,7M index (still charting)
How You Like That (2023): 890,7M index (OUT)

LSG is defintely bigger overall :cm: 

again, it’s about longevity, not bigger peaks

HYLT had way bigger peak, but LSG clicked better with the k-gp and charts way longer 

and then they weren’t really charting at the same time 

which further proves that it’s hard to keep the momentum for multiple songs and NewJeans had 3 top 10s for multiple months and now they are at 4 top 10s plus one song in the top15 :rip: it’s kinda obvious any of those song won’t get the highest peak in the history, but the way they have multiple smash hits at the same time is even more impressive, in my opinion 

1 hour ago, discreetinside said:

It's so good been bopping since the release.

However I do have concern about them in long run due to them came from small company. Like do their company have strong enough financial to support all these 24 girls and what happen if Jaden Jeong end up leaving the company. I guess I just have trust issue about small companies after seeing all the horrible things happened bts since 3rd Gen era especially for Loona recently.

Jaden is the founder and ceo of modhaus, it's his company unlike with blockberry where he was only working as a creative director. it's similar to min hee-jin and newjeans basically. 

5 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

Jaden is the founder and ceo of modhaus, it's his company unlike with blockberry where he was only working as a creative director. it's similar to min hee-jin and newjeans basically. 

That’s the problem. He has too much creativity. Loona pre debut was well executed by it cost too much. They invested over 10M usd. Imagine for triple S. 

timeless hit. 

8 hours ago, Kummercell said:

it's soooo mid 2000s white girl pop/r&b

i love it

spacer.pngspacer.png

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

It’s been hitting since release!

i want you babe, i want you :katie2:

it’s so catchy

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

7 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

Sounds promising :jonny:

but welp 14 Feb I thought it will be released like this Tuesday :chick3:

6 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

That’s the problem. He has too much creativity. Loona pre debut was well executed by it cost too much. They invested over 10M usd. Imagine for triple S. 

timeless hit. 

It will surpass After LIKE soon :skull: 

12 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

wait this might be good

rapperjennie

15 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

NATTY FIGHT BACK

I don't get why SM continues to give DJ Hyo songs & content when she does nothing but flop. With say, BoA I get it more bc she has legend clout and bc she writes a lot of her own music so it's cheaper. But Hyo.... how is it financially viable?? :deadbanana:

At least give one of the other girls another go, I'd like to see another Yuri song :celestial5:

28 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I don't get why SM continues to give DJ Hyo songs & content when she does nothing but flop. With say, BoA I get it more bc she has legend clout and bc she writes a lot of her own music so it's cheaper. But Hyo.... how is it financially viable?? :deadbanana:

At least give one of the other girls another go, I'd like to see another Yuri song :celestial5:

Well if Yuri fanbase bought her first album and gave her an award, she'd have a comeback, she said it herself.