K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

10 minutes ago, Sept said:

Wasn't Jennie 15-16 in that pic?

i didn’t actually know that… but if you ask certain users here you would swear the group was filled with 4th gen it girls and they haven’t even debuted so…:penguin:

11 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Isnt it crazy how TXT still dont have a full album. Its been 4 years since debut

i feel like almost no 4th gen groups do anything more than a mini. :snowman:

STREAMING ELIXIR:bird:

Edited by Fanta

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

i was lowkey excited when the first baemon teaser dropped but with the each new teaser that excitement decreases rapidly

YG should just announce the debut date and be done with it

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i was lowkey excited when the first baemon teaser dropped but with the each new teaser that excitement decreases rapidly

spacer.png

YG announce a date soon after teasing? :bibliahh:

Ahyeon is the only baby monster that kinda left me gagged. YG should focus on her

Ahyeon] BABYMONSTER [Pre-debut], 2023

3 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

spacer.png

exactly. what's the point of dragging on the tease for months? time is moving fast, it's not 2016

who knows though, maybe the music will deliver

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

somehow they’re winning :WAP:

I mean given the amount of ads they have all over the internet...

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Ahyeon is the only baby monster that kinda left me gagged. YG should focus on her

Ahyeon] BABYMONSTER [Pre-debut], 2023

oh i didn’t see her she kinda looks like a mix of yunjin & garam :deadbanana4:

I just realized BABYMONSTER is the first major K-pop girlgroup which has a predominantly FOREIGN lineup. TWICE had 4 foreigners (3 Japan, 1 Taiwan) and 5 Koreans.

BABYMONSTER has 4 foreign members (2 Japanese members, 2 Thai) and 3 Koreans :jonny5: theyre really OUT to conquer all the markets I fear!

If they add a Chinese member or a wasian its OVER for the other girls!

18 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

If they add a Chinese member or a wasian its OVER for the other girls!

they actually had two very famous Chinese trainees Vicky Wei and Jane Wang, they were contestants at Youth With You 2 (Lisa was a mentor there). They were the trainees from Shining Star Culture (YG China)

apparently they're still at YG China but they didn't make into the final lineup for some reason

fun fact: in the first episode of Youth With You 2, Jane Wang introduced herself as a member of Baby Monster (but sadly I can't find the extract)

one more fun fact: Vicky Wei got into a n-word scandal (very fitting for YG)

Edited by Flomik

19 hours ago, Adama said:

Aren’t even that good when they are with RV and Aespa the biggest SM acts on Spotify. And when they are the 3rd gen bg who performed the best behind BTS and are above NCT. The fact that their b side is bigger than NCT 127 TT on there :dies:.

Their 45% doesn’t matter at since end, since after that their sales climbed higher (+50%) something NCT 127 can’t relate. Unfortunately despite the questionable bulkbuying, people in SK and Internationally are still NOT checking their music 7 years into their career something Exo can’t relate. All the bulkbuying is only beneficial to SM pocket and none of the members, who will deal with unemployments when they hit 30 and when SM shelves them for their new and younger bg like they always do. 

No one was mentioning nct127 in the first place so move on. 

Yawn. Here comes EXO-Ls with the fan-fiction for the future. 

Reality (2023 version, not 2017): EXO are fads. NCT make more money than EXO. Baekhyun (solo) makes more money than EXO.

1 hour ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Isnt it crazy how TXT still dont have a full album. Its been 4 years since debut

They have 2. The Dream Chapter: Magic and The Chaos Chapter: Freeze. 

2 minutes ago, Spark said:

They have 2. The Dream Chapter: Magic and The Chaos Chapter: Freeze. 

I thought theyre considered mini albums?

1 minute ago, TanjiroKamado said:

I thought theyre considered mini albums?

No they're considered albums but they only have 8 tracks. :chick3: Blackpink sorta copied TXT if you think about it.

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

Soobin performing the Sugar Rush Ride choreo for Korea’s #1 Soccer player / new national heartthrob has me screaming

:WAP:omg

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

Soobin performing the Sugar Rush Ride choreo for Korea’s #1 Soccer player / new national heartthrob has me screaming

Soobin about to eat good today  :eli:

This was a bit of a GAG though im not even gonna front, like they should have released right after this

YG Entertainment Akan Debut Girl Group Baru, BAEMON, tahun 2023 - Creative  Disc

Edited by Babymomo

Hyo has actually generated some decent streams on some of her songs, so it's not like she's flops all the time

She has multiple songs on YouTube over 50m streams (for perspective Yuri, Seohyun, Jessica, Yoona, and Tiffany have none), and also gets invited to play at a lot of festivals

30 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

This was a bit of a GAG though im not even gonna front, like they should have released right after this

YG Entertainment Akan Debut Girl Group Baru, BAEMON, tahun 2023 - Creative  Disc

For real! I don’t understand what’s the point of doing a lot of teasing when you’re from the big 3! Like we all know that they have companies stans, and some gp interest! Just drop a digital single!

It’s interesting bc except Itzy, every big 3 new gg (from the 4th gen) flopped at debut. Let’s see if Baemon join Aespa and Nmixx too. 

Armys meltdown was iconic :bibliahh:

Rooting for Sam and Kim this year! 

Edited by Adama

2 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

The way I thought this was true until I looked it up. And then once I looked it up, I saw that both their full length studio albums aren't even an half an hour long?!

57 minutes ago, DelRey said:

My poor flop boys :gaycat7:

I never knew one could flop so well.

she way she’s gonna be called a hag at the end of babymonster :deadbanana4:

the youngest is going to be 20 in 7 years and her 27 :dies: