• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s kinda crazy how SM is letting all these GGs gain popularity and momentum while AESPA still hasn’t released anything like girl……wyd 

For the first time since 2018 EXO won’t have a single member in the military

Spoiler

til the end of the year 

:celestial2::celestial2::celestial2:

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

i guess we will see with their next comeback, if all the negative press hurt them

Oh for sure, the thing I hate about 4th gen is how quickly people drop groups for the next "Trend"

2021: STAYC, aespa

2022: GIDLE, IVE

2023: LSRF, NJ (at least in terms of international dickriding - In Korea I wouldn't put LSRF up there yet)

We shall see how all the comebacks do. SM seems a mess so I don't have much hope for aespa. But IVE has not flopped or even underperformed yet, so if they get a song that's not completely generic I think they'll be able to keep their trend status internationally over LSRF.

But IVE's lipsync thing really was everywhere like aespa's in 2022. 

Edited by Gaia

55 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

They said it's a Golden Child and Elris member :coffee2:

even nugus aren't safe ugh

What a time for EXO to have all members back too. With BTS off the board, and such a massive hole in the boy group market globally right now. Exciting times ahead :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

For the first time since 2018 EXO won’t have a single member in the military

Reveal hidden contents

til the end of the year 

:celestial2::celestial2::celestial2:

Yeah that’s why we need a quick world tour!  

14 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

i’m READY:jonny5:

and hopefully we also get a baekhyun full album, enough with the minis :fish2:

yeah I can see a Baekhyun full album at the end of the year. 

19 minutes ago, IamCY said:

oh wow.gif

We are ready! Desperately need to the b sides to serve this kind of energy. Since Chen and them are daddy’s now

2 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

What a time for EXO to have all members back too. With BTS off the board, and such a massive hole in the boy group market globally right now. Exciting times ahead :clap3:

I hope they can sign under a US label, not necessarily for promotions but for more distributions and a US Tour. 

Exo are masters in the rnb sound. Their music is very appealing. They might re peak globally! 

Edited by Adama

46 minutes ago, Adama said:

I don’t think the number are split? Might be splitting for the fanbase when they want to stream but not for the gp. 

My observation was that Ditto despite the PAK record is not bigger than AL. 

Also IVE never promoted their bside to the gp so ofc they can’t earn a lot of points from them. 

edit: 

misunderstand 

I mean, promoting a couple of songs at the same time has more advantages than bad sides, but then the gp and fanbase aren’t focused on that one song which can mean lower peak for the „main” single 

it happened with Attention and HypeBoy and it happens with Ditto and OMG now with addition of Hype Boy still going strong too :rip:

another example is BP’s Born Pink era, Shut Down release kinda cut short Pink Venom run and they are doing so-so on the global Spotify now - it’s hard to have a lot of songs on top of the chart at the same time and maitain huge peaks, especially for a long period of time 

After Like had bigger peak (and they always focus only on one song during promotions while their b-sides are doing bad) than all NewJeans singles, yet it’s behind almost all of them now 

also another example - Ariana in the tun era, she got top 3 on Billboard but it was harder for the fanbase to get that #1 for the last single, because it had the competition in another Ariana’s singles :rip: and of course it wasn’t possible to keep all of them on top for a longer time 

the way NewJeans is smashing, for over a month now, even locally in Korea, is kinda unprecedented on a global scale 

Here comes the EXO-Ls stuck in 2017 thinking EXO are still relevant. :rip:

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

I hope they can sign under a US label, not necessarily for promotions but for more distributions and a US Tour. 

Exo are masters in the rnb sound. Their music is very appealing. They might re peak globally! 

For sure, a world tour, global push, before Kai and Sehun go by the end of the year :alexz2:

Nct is getting destroyed by every 4th gen bg from every angle and your mind is on EXO :ace:

23 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

til the end of the year 

who will be going to the military?

why are they kinda eating up all recent 4th gen bg songs

24 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Wow 

well unrumor it, we need music :chick3:

8 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

Nct is getting destroyed by every 4th gen bg from every angle and your mind is on EXO :ace:

NCT is in their 7th year and still selling 2m a pop per album, which is more than any EXO album.

Same cannot be said for EXO (started to decline drastically after only 5 years). :priceless:

1 hour ago, Sorecer said:

Well it seems Hyein already have a friend in the SMNGG and YGGG  :heart:

I hope Helen Naeun and Rino are in the line up :jonny5:

Hyein knows Helen too. They went to the same academy.

Helen was also recently confirmed to still be in SM. So the previous rumor that she left and went to YG are disproven (though she could have left SM and came back, like Lami).

I guess she missed out on aespa, but maybe she will debut in this new SM GG. She's also in contact with Naeun, so both are rumored to be considered for the final line up. (Similar to how Karina (Jimin) and Ningning were heavily rumored).

27 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Wow 

Happy for Ning2, but oh well the full album seems to be delay once again

3rd gg competition was nothing compared to 4th gen. Ive vs NJs vs LSRFs vs aespa vs Itzy vs Baemon vs SMNGG you can throw NMIXX in if you want:deadbanana2: Nobody is safe, remember when Itzy was a thing in 2019 with Dalla Dalla, then aespa snatched it with mega hit Next Level, then Ive came out with Eleven/Love Dive, and HYBE jumped in occupying the charts right now.

Meanwhile, we got EXO vs BAP vs NUEST at the beginning of 3rd gen, then BTS, Seventeen, and Wanna One. Now we're stucked with Stray Kids vs TXT:deadbanana4: