Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Hmm, I struggle to believe the rumours with the other members looking to leave, especially the likes of Taeyeon and Taemin. I feel like those two in particular lucked out with their solo debuts, both have been able to stand their own since doing so 8 and 9 years ago respectively. Taeyeon is somewhat of an SM darling and SHINee have been very open about how especially since the situation with Jonghyun, they've definitely been granted more creative control to do what they want with their releases and are very happy to keep working as a group well into the foreseeable.

 

I could only think a mass-suing/walk out situation would be genuine if they all came together as a collective, maybe worked out they were being underpayed, asked to see the proof of earnings and were told no. But other than the three legitimate ones we've heard about with CBX, I don't think the other names being thrown about will be true.

Edited by Jack!

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

4 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Hmm, I struggle to believe the rumours with the other members looking to leave, especially the likes of Taeyeon and Taemin. I feel like those two in particular lucked out with their solo debuts, both have been able to stand their own since doing so 8 and 9 years ago respectively. Taeyeon is somewhat of an SM darling and SHINee have been very open about how especially since the situation with Jonghyun, they've definitely been granted more creative control to do what they want with their releases and are very happy to keep working as a group well into the foreseeable.

 

I could only think a mass-suing/walk out situation would be genuine if they all came together as a collective, maybe worked out they were being underpayed, asked to see the proof of earnings and were told no. But other than the three legitimate ones we've heard about with CBX, I don't think the other names being thrown about will be true.

Here's a list of all the Korean entertainment management agencies that have continued to function normally after the person for whom the agency is named after no longer has management responsibilities at that agency.

  •  

I guess YG kinda functioned normally while the brothers YG were on a timeout (allegedly), but then they did debut a Seventeen knockoff, so, maybe not.

 

Generally speaking, it's a people business.  And if the people who you were comfortable doing business with are no longer there, not much reason to stay around, either.  Reasons can be negotiated though.

 

:cm:

2 hours ago, jorjapuss said:

SM acts get 70% from overseas promotion so I think NCT are probably getting paid more than red velvet. 

Irene cfs used to be big, she was working with top local brands 
 

2 hours ago, jorjapuss said:

Not exo making less than me 

 

spacer.png

The Exo guys are still rich af  :deadbanana4:

 

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

 

 

and both dream and 127 has tons of albums with million sales so

 

jessiejlipsbig.gif

 

 

No point of selling millions when you barely have credits on the album and when SM acts only get a small %

Baekhyun akgaes celebrating and then when he leave for a nugu company with a small budget they will be crying  :redface:!

Edited by Adama

They were literally shooting and talking about filming 3 mvs :rip:

 

EXO's MV filming was canceled, making it impossible to guarantee its 11th anniversary.

According to 스포츠서울l, EXO was scheduled to shoot a music video for the new song on the 2nd, but it was temporarily postponed after CBX notified SM Ent.

https://twitter.com/atouchbase/status/1664170743423221761?s=46&t=u_7j1LBF5-hTHa5kGbTCog

 

 

10 minutes ago, Adama said:

They were literally shooting and talking about filming 3 mvs :rip:

 

EXO's MV filming was canceled, making it impossible to guarantee its 11th anniversary.

According to 스포츠서울l, EXO was scheduled to shoot a music video for the new song on the 2nd, but it was temporarily postponed after CBX notified SM Ent.

https://twitter.com/atouchbase/status/1664170743423221761?s=46&t=u_7j1LBF5-hTHa5kGbTCog

 

 

I guess they gave sm deadlines but sm really didnt wanna show them records now they're not gonna push through the comeback :doc:

13 minutes ago, Adama said:

They were literally shooting and talking about filming 3 mvs :rip:

 

EXO's MV filming was canceled, making it impossible to guarantee its 11th anniversary.

According to 스포츠서울l, EXO was scheduled to shoot a music video for the new song on the 2nd, but it was temporarily postponed after CBX notified SM Ent.

https://twitter.com/atouchbase/status/1664170743423221761?s=46&t=u_7j1LBF5-hTHa5kGbTCog

 

 

uugh im wish they waited

Am I surprised? :skull: We are already talking about 5th Gen and we are here worried about these 2nd gen hags? They have lasted longer than most 

SM is trying to turn EXOLs against EXO, they finished filming everything as told by the members themselves and they’ve been dropping pics and hints for the past few weeks, who do they think they are going ???

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

Am I surprised? :skull: We are already talking about 5th Gen and we are here worried about these 2nd gen hags? They have lasted longer than most 

Red_Velvet__Feel_My_Rhythm_MV.thumb.gif.

 

Also 3rd gen started in 2012:nicole:

4 minutes ago, redsing707 said:

Natty THE Natty?

THE Natty yeah...

no shade since I like the group but EXO has felt like a thing from the past for years now..  SM has mismanaged them so much even SHINee feels more relevant even tho EXO was much bigger at some point…

Somehow in all situations Super Senior always stays here. I can't stand it.

  • Author
  • ATRL Administrator

Lmaooo Taeyeon, Shinee and Exo are open about hating SM managers lol. I can see SM being spiteful and forcing EXO to celebrate the anniversary and act like those other members don’t exist (pulling a Jessica if you will). :zzz:

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Somehow in all situations Super Senior always stays here. I can't stand it.

They negociated their contract the best. Like they have their own subsidiary company, they have their own team and management.

30 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I guess they gave sm deadlines but sm really didnt wanna show them records now they're not gonna push through the comeback :doc:

Exol can never have a normal comeback  :deadbanana4:

28 minutes ago, Sugden said:

uugh im wish they waited

They don’t have to please imo! SM should be the one blamed not them…

 

26 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

SM is trying to turn EXOLs against EXO, they finished filming everything as told by the members themselves and they’ve been dropping pics and hints for the past few weeks, who do they think they are going ???

I know something was off when Shinee was announced before them despite Baekhyun leaving military before TAEMIN 

 

27 minutes ago, Sept said:

Am I surprised? :skull: We are already talking about 5th Gen and we are here worried about these 2nd gen hags? They have lasted longer than most 

Keep the same energy when it’s going to be RV :coffee2:

Just now, Adama said:

Exol can never have a normal comeback  :deadbanana4:

They don’t have to please imo! SM should be the one blamed not them…

 

I know something was off when Shinee was announced before them despite Baekhyun leaving military before TAEMIN 

 

Keep the same energy when it’s going to be RV :coffee2:

I'm totally fine if RV disbands this year. They have lasted 10 ******* years while the expiry date in the industry is usually 5 to 7 years :michael: They have given us an immaculate discography with 100+ songs and several masterpieces.

 

Irene is 33 this year. It's gotta be time for them to find their own ways eventually

18 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

no shade since I like the group but EXO has felt like a thing from the past for years now..  SM has mismanaged them so much even SHINee feels more relevant even tho EXO was much bigger at some point…

Rover was performing well globally despite the low playlisting, DO is an acclaimed and popular actor, Baekhyun is a successful soloist, Kai and Sehun are still endorsing big hf brands, Suho apparition at a weeding was viral just a few days ago on YouTube SK, their songs are still played and performed on survival shows. So yes they are still relevant. 

 

 

Not Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Taemin, Minho, Kai and D.O also rumoured to leave SM, has been approached by BPM. 

Now that's a plan I'd like to see. 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.