Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

Just now, Adama said:

Rover was performing well globally despite the low playlisting, DO is an acclaimed and popular actor, Baekhyun is a successful soloist, Kai and Sehun are still endorsing big hf brands, Suho apparition at a weeding was viral just a few days ago on YouTube SK, their songs are still played and performed on survival shows. So yes they are still relevant. 

 

 

They definitely are, but the group itself feels like we haven’t heard of it for years now, they had one comeback in 2021 that came and went. It’s weird that kpop has blown up so much globally in the past years and EXO has been so silent

 

they deserved more

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

20 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

no shade since I like the group but EXO has felt like a thing from the past for years now..  SM has mismanaged them so much even SHINee feels more relevant even tho EXO was much bigger at some point…

They have 1 comeback in the past 4 years :deadbanana: It can't be helped that their members keep getting enlisted one after the other :skull: I feel like boygroups are kinda over when members start getting enlisted 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

They have 1 comeback in the past 4 years :deadbanana: It can't be helped that their members keep getting enlisted one after the other :skull: I feel like boygroups are kinda over when members start getting enlisted 

 

 

But even that one comeback had like 0 promo and went nowhere

it has always boggled my mind how such a big group is managed so poorly

54 minutes ago, Adama said:

They were literally shooting and talking about filming 3 mvs :rip:

 

EXO's MV filming was canceled, making it impossible to guarantee its 11th anniversary.

According to 스포츠서울l, EXO was scheduled to shoot a music video for the new song on the 2nd, but it was temporarily postponed after CBX notified SM Ent.

https://twitter.com/atouchbase/status/1664170743423221761?s=46&t=u_7j1LBF5-hTHa5kGbTCog

 

 

ugh :deadbanana2:

Anyways this is such a BOP

 

 

:jonny: :jonny: 

 

I feel like Views - 4 Walls - Paradise - RV's Look - Weekend would work so well as a Special SM Summer EP :giraffe:

 

9 hours ago, bigboss said:

I'm working through f(x)'s discography for the first time, and I'm blown away. 

 

Four Walls is one of the best pop albums ever. 

Most 2nd gen music sounds dated af but f(x) music has aged like wine (at least from Pink Tape onwards).  Red Light (the song) is literally definition of "too ahead of its time for some people"

6 hours ago, Zack said:

The new thread title. So shocking it's actually happening.

 

This year has been a back to back mess for SM so far. They lost their founder, creative director, lead producer, submitted to and then reversed a HYBE takeover, then got taken over by Kakao, then got raided by the government over the Kakao deal, public fights and video exposés between LSM and Chris Lee, aespa in tears and their comeback delayed, other artists (such as RV) being mismanaged left and right and now this.

 

And we're only 6 months into the year :deadbanana4:

And I thought 2014 and 2020 were bad years for them :gaycat7:

  • MCD.EP799: ADYA, ChoCo1&2, SECRET NUMBER, KARD, Dreamcatcher, (G)I-DLE, NINE to SIX, The Wind, YOUNITE, ZHOUMI, ATBO, DKB, CIX, BOYNEXTDOOR, AB6IX, ENHYPEN, VERIVERY, JOOHONEY(MONSTA X)

:cm:

Times are changing. BTS got outsold, EXO lost another 3 members, SM still trash. The one sense of normalcy 

 

Stray Kids has surpassed 5.13 million pre-orders for their 3rd Full Album <★★★★★ (5-STAR)>, to be released on June 2nd.

With pre-orders alone would make it the best-selling album in South Korean history.

All the hate the Chinese members got for leaving and being “pigeons” when they were right the whole time :deadbanana4:

If SM fumble SNSD, Shinee and Exo in the same year that'I'll represent the biggest company collapse in K-pop history.

Shinee & Taeyeon in particular are such core SM staples who have been well supported by the company over the years, I find it very hard to envision SM without them.

 

But if it's true they haven't been paying their acts properly this year with all the chaos, then I can definitely see it happening :rip:

Why are DKB on Mnet ruining everything with this garbage stage?

 

:cm:

 

EDIT: This is already the oddest M!CD of the year.

Edited by harrythevifan

I'm so sad my mood is kind ruined for Stray Kids comeback and achievements. It's hard to feel excited right bow when my other ult group is in shambles ): 

1 minute ago, saucy said:

what will knetz say now that it's not just the chinese members suing sm 

It happened because SM got taken over by a company that takes the Chinese coin.

 

:cm:

I hate what happened to EXO. I've never been a hardcore fan, but I love their vocal line and a lot of their songs.

 

My cousin got into EXO in 2017 and I remember when I met her a couple of months later, she said "They don't do anything so I switched to BTS" :deadbanana: 

 

They really should've enlisted together back then and come back as a group in 2019-2020 when K-Pop was blowing up :priceless:

SM is already lost on their own plot. But can we trust a Company that just last month lied about enlistment's rules changes to justify they failed Kai? :dies:

Just noticed there are 11 boy groups performing on M!CD today.  Plus that Monsta X dude.  And there are two more coming next week!

 

See, charts don't matter.

 

:cm:

(Does two coed groups equal another one?)

Cackling that CBX are still doing this comeback. Those contracts have them in shackled :rip:

Not EXO falling apart....kinda sad cause they were one of the first kpop groups I listened to

 

wow-cry.gif

 

Another L for SM. They better rush Yawn's comeback or hope she flees too :gaycat2:

34 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Times are changing. BTS got outsold, EXO lost another 3 members, SM still trash. The one sense of normalcy 

 

Stray Kids has surpassed 5.13 million pre-orders for their 3rd Full Album <★★★★★ (5-STAR)>, to be released on June 2nd.

With pre-orders alone would make it the best-selling album in South Korean history.

:biblio: I blamed Hybe for being a capitalist pig and decided to sell BE at $50 with only 2 exclusive versions :rip: They could sell like 10M with a normal pricing strategy

4 minutes ago, Sept said:

:biblio: I blamed Hybe for being a capitalist pig and decided to sell BE at $50 with only 2 exclusive versions :rip: They could sell like 10M with a normal pricing strategy

I fear BTS next comeback cuz Army are gonna cause Global Warming :wanda:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.