Can Beyonce rebound?

bocelli

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see it for her?

• Yes...shes Beyonce
    • No, shes absolutely over

She will be forty something during her next era and undeniably lost sales and popularity since Beyonce and that is being lenient. Her comeback, acclaimed  album Beyonce struggled to sell 2 million copies before streaming and wasn’t Lemonade only at like 1.1 million prior to streaming? That was flopping for Beyonces status even if she only sold 3 million in the US during her peak between BDay and I Am. Streaming is a young person’s game so she is going to have a difficult time there like most of her peers, See Adele. Her next album will go platinum but I don’t think it will have any longevity or big hit singles and will undoubtedly start the end of her commercial success  inevitably. 

Edited by Pleighboy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• BnPac

• brenda-walsh

• Devin

Yes and no, she only wants acclaim now so maybe she's debuting her daughter soon for the bops idk

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

So true, she should be going in her Vietnamese era and reinvent herself. 

What do you mean by this :rip:

2 minutes ago, uusagii said:

What do you mean by this :rip:

Ask Ariana Nguyen!

FUvepV8WQAALu2M?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Starshine

Realistically, Bey is only over in 2022 if she wants to be. And I don’t mean that because I’m some obsessed stan - I mean that because she could easily hop on a track with Adele, Cardi, or any of the other A-Listers than love her and score a #1.

I feel like both her haters and her stans can agree that if Bey wants a remix or a high profile collab she could get it no questions asked.

The real debate is whether her solo material will be well received. And really, I think it just comes down to the sound. If she serves bops? Yes. If she serves Activist Anthems or Migos rejects? Probably not. 

Her next album will do fairly well, but she'll probably go on a sold out stadium tour to support it, garner acclaim and snatch awards so she's good. Nobody is expecting her to prove anything, they just want her back because her absence is very noticeable in the industry.

3 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

The inconvenience? :toofunny3: She's a billionaire and lives like royalty everywhere she goes.

Other people only wish they had the freedom to move continents and do whatever they wish. 

Bsbshshshsjsjsjs :skull:

How do you rebound from being the Goat of your generation? What's higher than #1? 

1 hour ago, Rican said:

A remix album mainly being remixed by producers is the definition of a side project and it’s not the same thing as someone traveling to a foreign country with their entire family for weeks to record new music and film music videos for each song.  :gaycat6:

i didn't know you couldn't travel to different countries for only specific purposes, and no a remix album is not by definition a side project.

see below

2 hours ago, Gerardo said:

So?

I also don’t recall Gaga calling Hold my Hand a side project, or Ariana calling her involvement in Don’t Look Up a side project, or Taylor calling Beatiful ghosts a side project, but we all know they are because they’re not full solo projects that they actually promote/label as studio albums 

1 hour ago, period sis said:

she quite literally called The Gift a passion project lmao

1 hour ago, Pleighboy said:

She will be forty something during her next era and undeniably lost sales and popularity since Beyonce and that is being lenient. Her comeback, acclaimed  album Beyonce struggled to sell 2 million copies before streaming and wasn’t Lemonade only at like 1.1 million prior to streaming? That was flopping for Beyonces status even if she only sold 3 million in the US during her peak between BDay and I Am. Streaming is a young person’s game so she is going to have a difficult time there like most of her peers, See Adele. Her next album will go platinum but I don’t think it will have any longevity or big hit singles and will undoubtedly start the end of her commercial success  inevitably. 

her US peak was 20 years ago with DIL and you do realize that the pure sales market massively declined from each album she released :skull: of course her numbers weren't going to be the same

Lemonade is actually one of the last albums to sell 2M pure in the US, so no not flopping 

4 hours ago, bocelli said:

Her latest projects didnt fare well, "The Gift" and her joint album with Jay-Z flopped, "The Lion King" is certified rotten on RT, she lost this year at the Oscars and the last time she got a hit was when she remixed a song that was already smashing. Can she have another hit era again or is it safe to say shes a nostalgia act now?

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

Let's look a little deeper shall we:

• The Lion King is certified rotten on RT yet Black is King has a score of 94%
  • She "lost" the Oscar this year, but that means she was also nominated for an Oscar, a huge feat considering she barely acknowledged the song's existence and didn't campaign for it in the slightest
  • Her last hit "remixed a song that was already smashing" and if smashing means having a grand peak of #14 (as of the week of its remix's release, meaning it was lower when she recorded it) then APESHIT from Everything is Love must be at least considered a medium hit since it peaked at #13 without a remix, and much more than a music video, staying on the Hot 100 for 15 weeks without more promotion than a music video.

wasn’t Lemonade only at like 1.1 million prior to streaming? 

uh... no it sold 1.5M pure copies (US) in 2016 ALONE & wasn't released to Non-Tidal Streaming services until 2019...You know, when it was streamed so much it returned to the BB200 top 10 3 years later?

Edited by Bey_Rihstan

Why are you commenting on the sales of BEYONCÉ and Lemonade as if BEYONCÉ wasn't the best-selling album of 2013 in the US with under 3 weeks of sales, in the same year that Katy, Miley, and Gaga all massively promoted their eras and Lemonade wasn't the IFPI's WW best-selling album of 2016.

Edited by swissman

4 hours ago, pieceofgök said:

Beyoncé is the only MPG selling out stadium tours

and worldwide, not limited to the US or Australia like certain girls.

3 hours ago, bocelli said:

I dont remember her calling The Gift or Everything is Love side projects 

If an artist doesn't call a project they make on the side a "side project" then is it not one?

And anyway Beyoncé did refer to The Gift/Black is King as a passion project which essentially is the same thing ("a piece of work, especially a film, that someone gets involved in because they love it or feel it is very good and important, not in order to make money").

BEYONCE is at 2.4 Million pure

Lemonade is over 2 Million pure lol

I think what Beyoncé is doing is intentional. She established herself as a legend in 2013, underlined it in 2016 and cemented it after Beychella in 2018. All the projects mentioned in the OP came after that, and are clearly her doing exactly as she wishes without seeming to care much at all about their success: a rap album even your fans were begging you not to make, an afrobeats album with artists most of the world are unfamiliar with, releasing a live album...these are not things you do if you're simply looking for hits and commercial success.

When people act like she's "over" because the GP didn't like her side projects, well, alright, fine. She's had about 20 years of success prior, more than most get, and even in her "underperforming" eras she is still able to capture attention, make great art, and elevate the game. And this is actually pretty rare for artists who have been around that long. Instead of using it to tear her down, why aren't we praising her for doing what she deserves to do. We should all wish that our faves have this outlook and confidence to pour their heart, soul and money into projects for the sheer art of it.

Y'all say "rebound" as if she was a star in the making :rip:

Beyoncé is a legend, if she gets another big era then great! But if she doesn't it won't be the end of the world, she's still capable of doing stadium tours.

may not be a rebound but i think she can serve a EMC2 type of era at least if the music is good (hit lead single, decent album sales)

14 minutes ago, swissman said:

I think what Beyoncé is doing is intentional. She established herself as a legend in 2013, underlined it in 2016 and cemented it after Beychella in 2018. All the projects mentioned in the OP came after that, and are clearly her doing exactly as she wishes without seeming to care much at all about their success: a rap album even your fans were begging you not to make, an afrobeats album with artists most of the world are unfamiliar with, releasing a live album...these are not things you do if you're simply looking for hits and commercial success.

When people act like she's "over" because the GP didn't like her side projects, well, alright, fine. She's had about 20 years of success prior, more than most get, and even in her "underperforming" eras she is still able to capture attention, make great art, and elevate the game. And this is actually pretty rare for artists who have been around that long. Instead of using it to tear her down, why aren't we praising her for doing what she deserves to do. We should all wish that our faves have this outlook and confidence to pour their heart, soul and money into projects for the sheer art of it.

also all of this, like she's not on some Romance/Familia type of underperformance :deadbanana2:

She can keep on releasing good music but the gimmicks won't work anymore. So the sales are going down 

Also at her age I would like her to do a full pop star era again. Just to see if she can do it.

The same goes for taylor and Rih

Madonna did it with confessions so it's possible

6 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Also at her age I would like her to do a full pop star era again. Just to see if she can do it.

The same goes for taylor and Rih

Madonna did it with confessions so it's possible

This would be incredible! 

2 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

:rip: Her self titled album easily cleared 2 million pure sales in the U.S., and Lemonade has sold (or is inches away) from selling 2 million pure, what is this nonsense

OT: rebound from what? She has 20+ years of slayage to her name, and her last solo project smashed. This site is full of idiots