Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Y'all here RV this RV that... But what would have been real gaggy is SNSD surprise appearance. 

It makes no point marketing wise but it would have such a great 15yo reunion. 

What, and have Tiffany screaming over everyone? No thanks. :rip:

 

They tried the American market and it didn't work out for them, so it wouldn't make sense. If the 8 perform again, it's better to have a special live concert in Korea or something. 

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

4 hours ago, exists said:

Well they were the loudest fandom when it comes to bashing Jaypark (which I don't mind because Jay Park deserves some lashings). They must be seething though to see their faves interact with him :rofl:

Then what about a potential collab:mandown:

 

10 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Not here for an Aespa Coachella performance if they’re not going to sing live. If SM gives them a lipsynced boring weekly music show performance I swear their team is just lost and don’t know what the hell they’re doing. 

Agree.

They better bring live singing and energy. Not calculated music show performances. 

 

But I'm quite expecting them to lipsync.  :deadbanana:

The REAL surprise would be if they don't.

I'm sure SM is gonna give them a huge spectacle for the coachella performance

as seen from that tweet about them being on the main stage tells me that SM wants to one-up the pinks/YG

so I don't think we'll have to be worried about boring performances or lipsyncing

 

and I'm sure that they'll get a good reaction

 

BUT the TIMING!

 

this is such a big opportunity but way too soon imo

the girls hardly have experience in performing, not too mention in performing for fans (and in this case non-fans) or how to hype a crowd.

they also haven't really made their mark yet in the west, with bp it seemed more organically since the western interest grew so much with each cb

I feel like SM should've promoted them more in the west before doing this

but it might be a genius move 

time will tell!

 

I just know Karina will slay :WAP:

imagine getting a chance to perform at one of the BIGGEST and MOST POPULAR music festivals in history just to... lipsync all the way

SM better let them SING

I swear if SM sets aespa up......I need their mics to be turned all the way UP. :giraffe:


we are all talking about the lip sync but the crowd reaction is more scary. I mean even if they sing live, how the crowd is going to react since they don’t know their songs. We saw how dead silent they are this year even for the Headliners!  it’s better if they performs during the 88rising set. At least the audience will be more familiar with Kpop and their music. 

Edited by Adama

I hope they are definitely doing their set with a live band too. 

 

I'll Make You Cry with a live band would be a collapse, I wish they were performing more songs. 

 

 

26 minutes ago, Lalisa said:

Then what about a potential collab:mandown:

 

How does his label have the money to afford a IU collab followed by a Jungkook one :deadbanana4:

Can Aespa bring out the unnies for a surprise Step Back performance? :eek: :eek: :eek: 

8 minutes ago, Adama said:


we are all talking about the lip sync but the crowd reaction is more scary. I mean even if they sing live, how the crowd is going to react since they don’t know their songs. We saw how dead silent they are this year even for the Headliners!  it’s better if they performs during the 88rising set. At least the audience will be more familiar with Kpop and their music. 

Main stage crowd is one of the worst but you don't want Aespa on 88rising set since it's mostly playback :rip:

After Top vs Blinks it's Jay Park vs Armys:deadbanana:

 

Edited by Lalisa

13 minutes ago, Adama said:


we are all talking about the lip sync but the crowd reaction is more scary. I mean even if they sing live, how the crowd is going to react since they don’t know their songs. We saw how dead silent they are this year even for the Headliners!  it’s better if they performs during the 88rising set. At least the audience will be more familiar with Kpop and their music. 

It's not like anyone is forcing people to see aespa. There's multiple stages happening at the same time at festivals and people are free to choose who they want to see the most. Most people who see aespa's performance are already going to be familiar with kpop at least.

 

I agree to an extent about the 88rising part, but apparently that group has a bad rep in California, so might be for the best aespa is solo.

Am I the only one who thinking sakura is looking the best shes ever looked? She truly upgraded :michael:

 

Not as if she was 100% natural before this anyway..

Just now, Jared said:

It's not like anyone is forcing people to see aespa. There's multiple stages happening at the same time at festivals and people typically choose who they want to see the most. Most people who see aespa's performance are already going to be familiar with kpop at least.

Depend, because most people at the main stage are waiting for the headliners that's why it's not a great crowd but still will be a good exposure for Aespa.

the way aespa was created specifically to mimic and upstage bp is kinda :deadbanana2:

like other groups follow the blackprint obviously but when it’s so blatant since their debut when they linked them with a high fashion brand shjsjsjsjsjs

you know what, I actually  like SM’s messiness but they are kinda rushing into it 

Edited by thirdward

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Y'all here RV this RV that... But what would have been real gaggy is SNSD surprise appearance. 

It makes no point marketing wise but it would have such a great 15yo reunion. 

After 2NE1 on week 1, that would be the return of the iconic Blowjobs vs Scones hags fighting, comparing who had the 'loudest fan cheers'. 
But imagine Stiffany's 'Coachella!!! Put it back on!!!' That would be iconic

48 minutes ago, Lalisa said:

Then what about a potential collab:mandown:

 

Lol such a houlier than thou fandom deserves some knock down a bit. Their fave aren't immune to interacting with problematic people when their faves are problematic themselves.

Edited by exists

1 hour ago, 4Walls said:

Yeah this Aespa performance is gonna be interesting…….it seems a lil too soon for them ngl

 

btw I kinda love Onew’s new mini? He’s always been my fave voice of Shinee but he always got stuck with the ballads so with this I was like yessssssss

 

at first I thought DICE was a too lowkey but it sticks in your head. plus the production is really light and fun (love the synth flourishes). idk it’s just a lovely poppy springy nostalgic sounding song lmao. Bi King

Yes, the mini is amazing, Sunshine is better than Dice imo, but the 1-2-3-4 punch of Dice-Sunshine-OMW-LovePhobia is really really good.

11 minutes ago, thirdward said:

the way aespa was created specifically to mimic and upstage bp is kinda :deadbanana2:

like other groups follow the blackprint obviously but when it’s so blatant since their debut when they linked them with a high fashion brand shjsjsjsjsjs

you know what, I actually  like SM’s messiness but they are kinda rushing into it 

The way they’re doing everything except release music appealing to international audiences :rip: 

Kwangyachella :jonnycat:

 

Btw after the shameless lipsynching on Jackson and Bibi's sets I'm not expecting live vocals from aespa. Kpop acts are giving Mcountdown performances and not music festival on Coachella 

Hope Fadespa flops hard at coachella for the massive drama. We could prob do like 40 pages in just an hour or two with lashings :gaycat4:

Aespa really doesn’t have to sing completely live! They can lip all the hard parts, and have some backup vocals. To lip completely will be a mess + more…..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.