Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

DEFINITE 4th Gen IT Girls:

Wonyoung

 

Potential 4th Gen IT Girls:

Winter (the only one who could challenge WY imo)

Chuu (getting there)

Karina

Tsuki

Minnie

Kazuha

Sullyoon

Yuna

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

But if we're gonna go by talent, then Kim Dayeon is definitely the It girl of this generation 

 

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

Edited by Somi

40 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

 LOOΠΔ

 

Inch resting. I would take several seats bby

okay and this still doesn’t make beatbox, glitch mode, hot sauce, hello future etc. good songs :rip: kpop stans take things so personally fff

Just now, AxelFox said:

I fail to see how Korina is an IT girl

 

I remember some people in here used to claim Hani and Seolhyun were not it girls but now Korina is one? :rip: 

KARINA is already a trending topic in Korea. She has had a solo CF appearance, visual trending (topping Naver Star Ranking and other visual rankings), viral moments on Pann etc., her own solo campaign ambassador role and she's even referenced in cultural lectures and used as an investment attractor. 

 

KARINA and WINTER's potential is not unlocked yet because SM hasn't fully started up the solo promo machine, but both are already candidates for major IT girl. 

 

 

 

Chuu is an definitely an it girl, but the way her popularity didn't help loona at all is a kii

 

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

2 minutes ago, Sugden said:

Chuu is an definitely an it girl, but the way her popularity didn't help loona at all is a kii

 

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

BBC wasted her biggest hype for the group by releasing Paint the Top :'(

I'm starting to think no one will get a career boost after Queendom the way OMG or even GIDLE lowkey did :deadbanana2: Those new songs literally suck. And in OMG's case they were quite popular before the show it was just a matter of right timing. This lineup is more like Nugudom.

Still hoping for a WJSN boost but it's not looking likely. The most these acts will get is a bigger fanbase. 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

Edited by Billionaire

43 minutes ago, Hendery said:

txt's cb tease

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

txt's worst title (good boy gone fad) is still miles above fartbox :gaylorcat2:

when was the last time JYPe had a song hit top 3 on Gaon? are they still part of the big 3?

 

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

 

 

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

KARINA is already a trending topic in Korea. She has had a solo CF appearance, visual trending (topping Naver Star Ranking and other visual rankings), viral moments on Pann etc., her own solo campaign ambassador role and she's even referenced in cultural lectures and used as an investment attractor. 

 

KARINA and WINTER's potential is not unlocked yet because SM hasn't fully started up the solo promo machine, but both are already candidates for major IT girl. 

 

 

 

But this could be said about plenty popular idols. 
 

More so, far more popular idols than this are not considered it girls, like Sana for example. 
 

Girls like Yoona, Suzy and to a lesser extent Hyeri, Hani and Seolhyun to name a few were plastered everywhere in commercials, TV spots, dramas, variety shows and some even movies. 
 

None of the 4th gen girlies are at that point yet, especially not Korina. Woonyoung seems to be heading that way but that's it. 

3 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

gidle (and to an extent, itzy) really should not be considered 4th gen tbh

After all its said and done I'm sure they won't be, I feel like they're just throwing 2018-2019 groups in there cause they didn't live up to either gens except for a fluke or 2 and its both bgs nnnn

Just now, Mister Max said:

I think Somi is the 4th gen IT girl

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

With the amount of CFs she still manages to book, I would say she's up there definitely~

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Who cares about these local charts or whatever when JYP artists are smashing worldwide and topping and out selling western artists on Billboard :rip:

Read the title of the base you’re posting in!

7 minutes ago, Sugden said:

not this becoming one of their biggest hits

 

 

In their 8th year and FMR has been huge for them. A quantum leap in physicals and one of the biggest girl group hits of the year so far. 

 

RV got the last laugh I fear :cm:

 

Yuna's time is over tbh, if Dalla Dalla failed to make her an IT Girl then nothing will. 

8 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

when was the last time JYPe had a song hit top 3 on Gaon? are they still part of the big 3?

 

 

EB872214-4D2C-4CC4-833E-4841049E149E.thu

 

 

i might be wrong but i think it might actually have been When We Disco… back in 2020

 

and obv yeah they’re still huge considering three of their acts are great album sellers, their teams just haven’t been picking good singles for the domestic market

Edited by cloudbusting

9 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

gidle (and to an extent, itzy) really should not be considered 4th gen tbh

stray kids, the boyz, ateez, txt all also debuted in 2018-2019. if they're not 4th gen then who is :rip: 

3 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

But this could be said about plenty popular idols. 
 

More so, far more popular idols than this are not considered it girls, like Sana for example. 
 

Girls like Yoona, Suzy and to a lesser extent Hyeri, Hani and Seolhyun to name a few were plastered everywhere in commercials, TV spots, dramas, variety shows and some even movies. 
 

None of the 4th gen girlies are at that point yet, especially not Korina. Woonyoung seems to be heading that way but that's it. 

Not really, no. Yoona and Suzy had drama debuts and blew up. You are comparing their career peaks to girls whose careers have only recently started. Also Sana and others were never considered because we all know Korea doesn't want to crown foreign idols as IT girls. 

 

The 4th gen is only just starting to move into the peak years and right now, Wonyoung, WINTER, KARINA etc. are the frontrunners. 

 

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

i might be wrong but i think it might actually have been When We Disco… back in 2020

So, 2 years ago? :nopoints:

Alcohol Free should’ve been a #1 hit 

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

I am not Korean nor do I live in Korea. I am an international fan just like you, and I am looking at it from an international perspective, so I am more interested in international stats. Do you seriously believe that getting a "PAK" is more impressive than topping BILLBOARD? :rip:

I’m also not American I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

I am not Korean nor do I live in Korea. I am an international fan just like you, and I am looking at it from an international perspective, so I am more interested in international stats. Do you seriously believe that getting a "PAK" is more impressive than topping BILLBOARD? :rip:

It's harder to get a PAK than topping Billboard considering Nobodys like Stray kidz are topping it:giraffe:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.