Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Featured Replies

 

 

 

Is this the second biggest digital hit HYBE has had in years? 

  • Replies 78.1k
  • Views 4.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

12 minutes ago, Somi said:

Is this the second biggest digital hit HYBE has had in years? 

idk if it's because of the way you worded this but no comprendo 

 

it's not bigger than PTD (yet) if thats what you're asking 

 

Edited by Ghiles

10 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

 

whitney-houston-singers.gif

Wait what happened to her posture she used to have an impeccable stand. She looked a bit hunched here :chick1:

 

These years of hard carrying Kpop on her shoulders must have caught up to her nnn

It's rather impressive that we yet to see another idol of Hyolyn's caliber who are true masters of performing

 

There's Taeyeon who has comparable vocal skills but below average at everything else

 

Lisa who has comparable dance skills but below average at everything else 

 

And then there's idols who are well rounded and good at everything ( like Seulgi for example) but not exceptional at any of them, let alone at everything like Hyolyn is

the way none of them except seohyun didn’t even try to lipsyn to the track. 

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

 

 

Wait this is so much better than the other performance. Loved the audience screams/chants even with their less known Black Mamba. 

I love stanning for talent :clap3:

So IVE, aespa & LE SSAKURAFIM are officially the 4th Gen GG trinity :jonny6:

28 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

It's rather impressive that we yet to see another idol of Hyolyn's caliber who are true masters of performing

 

There's Taeyeon who has comparable vocal skills but below average at everything else

 

Lisa who has comparable dance skills but below average at everything else 

 

And then there's idols who are well rounded and good at everything ( like Seulgi for example) but not exceptional at any of them, let alone at everything like Hyolyn is

don't know much for 1st gen, maybe BoA?

for 2nd gen I think Luna is the closest to Hyolyn? 

none for 3rd gen

4th gen I think Lily and Haewon have potential (Dance and Vocal checked)

Idle, IVE and LE SSERAFIM the 4th gen trinity :clap3: 

 

@Ghiles I mean other than BTS, who else has had a top ten hit on their roster? 

Edited by Somi

On 5/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, Sugden said:

is wild to me that giselle is treated as foreigner and hated because of it when she was literally born in korea :rip:

Because she is half japanese-half korean. Both countries have a very bad history together due to colonialism and political tensions. Xenaphobia can come from both sides of her ethnicity bc they don't see her as them. Unfortunately she will face lots of more discrimination than a fully japanese idol

12 minutes ago, Winmill De Kwynn said:

don't know much for 1st gen, maybe BoA?

for 2nd gen I think Luna is the closest to Hyolyn? 

none for 3rd gen

4th gen I think Lily and Haewon have potential (Dance and Vocal checked)

Hm I think BoA's vocals are not on that level but you are right about Luna I forgot about her :jonny5:  

Love them but GIDLE have absolutely nothing going for them other than a hit song :rip:

Just now, Billionaire said:

Love them but GIDLE have absolutely nothing going for them other than a hit song :rip:

Speak on it. Sorry they will go back to their usual stats after the next comeback :coffee2:

3 hours ago, mokitsu said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN1FkM7N/?k=1

 

the fanchants, the views :deadbanana: the chokehold this Joy part has on people

It did THAT. Honestly killing parts in Kpop are so important. I feel like less songs have that nowadays 

Idle’s music has always been great. I use all their tracks with the exception of Uh Oh :celestial3: 

20 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Love them but GIDLE have absolutely nothing going for them other than a hit song :rip:

You said tomboy would go top ten and then free fall just for them to pull a next level I don’t see how they can’t collect back to back hits from now :coffee2:

Edited by Dialamba

(G)I-dle are the queens of asking too many questions

 

Whats Your Name? 

Whats In Your House? 

 

I'm still waiting for Whats Your National Security Number!? 

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

You said tomboy would go top ten and then free fall just for them to pull a next level I don’t see how they can’t collect back to back hits from now :coffee2:

Well from the teasers Soyeon showed in I Live Alone, they are changing their concept again for the next album. Yeah they are already working on the next one. 

i think it’s a bit early to tell so idle’s next few comebacks will determine whether they are one of the top 4th gen ggs in korea or not

oqkCVyB.gif

Edited by hallucinate

18 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

How would y'all rank Blackpink, Twice, Red Velvet and Mamamoo aka the top 4 biggest girl groups of 3rd gen vocally? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how the vocal ranking is objectively, from what I have observed:

 

*The God tier*

1. Wendy -  Shine on me let it shine on me :1stplace:

2. Whee In - Sis is as good as Wendy, and was very close to snatch the number 1 spot :2ndplace::clap3:

3. Solar - She is the best at belting high notes, and is the 2nd prettiest idol ever after Chaeyoung, so she kinda won  :3rdplace::heart2:

 

*The top tier*

4. Hwasa - 3 Mamamoo members snatching the top 4 spot :clap3:

5. Seulgi - I think Hwasa is a little better than her, but they are very close

 

*The good tier*

6. Joy - "Red Velvet" - Feel My Rhytmn, 2022 :clap3:

7. Jihyo - If this was subjective vocal ranking, then she would be last on this list :coffee2:

8. Jeongyeon - JYP better give her more lines, cause she has the best vocal tone out of 3mix :tsk:

9. Nayeon - Her struggling high notes gives me life :clap3:

 

*The alright tier*

10. Rosé - "What you gonna do when I come come through with that that uh uh huh" :alexz:

11. Irene - Yes, she is a better vocalist than Jennie.

12. Yeri - She's an SM idol so she can't be too low either 

13. Jisoo (She has my favorite vocal tone out of all them all, and is the winner in my heart) :alexz:

14. Jennie - Alright I guess

15. Moonbyul - She's from Mamamoo

 

*the weak tier*

16. Lisa - I honestly feel like Lisa is a better vocalist than most of Twice except for 3mix, her voice has more power than theirs. :michael:

17. Chaeyoung - I like her vocal tone a lot actually, and she is the prettiest idol ever, so she won. :clap3:

18. Mina - Too much whispering, I know that she is an introvert, but does she have to be one while singing also? 

19. Tzuyu - The same applies to her as Mina, but beautiful gowns however

20. Sana - Cute

21. Dahyun - You make me fee' speciur 

 

*The "How Did You Debut?" tier*

22. Momo - Even I can't defend her sometimes, however I would place her way higher if the vocal ranking was according to me heart:sosad:

 

Frankly your best hot take so far :clap3:I would rank Moonbyul higher though

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Where would you place her? 

Moonbyul is actually a better vocalist than Nayeon and Jeongyeon

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.