Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, conatus said:

No, on Moo's verses. Would say maybe I'm losing my mind but if @Démodé heard them too then at least I'm not alone in my madness.

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

No I certainly heard an effect of like real time editing the vocal channel 😭

Huge bop for me too, though

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 693.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

20 minutes ago, conatus said:

No, on Moo's verses. Would say maybe I'm losing my mind but if @Démodé heard them too then at least I'm not alone in my madness.

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

No I certainly heard an effect of like real time editing the vocal channel 😭

Huge bop for me too, though

26 minutes ago, Démodé said:

No I certainly heard an effect of like real time editing the vocal channel 😭

Huge bop for me too, though

Yeah, that's not clipping. You're hearing the effects the remixer put on the vocals. I thought it was obvious it was meant to be stylistic, though? Like Obsessed having processed vocals for effect.

Maybe Rochelle's being normal makes it seem off, but I like the contrast.

9 hours ago, conatus said:

I'd be lying if I said the one thing stopping me from really loving the Moo/Rochelle remix isn't Moo's voice at points, or at least the mixing on her parts specifically. There's moments where it feels like I hear clipping and it pisses me off.

pikachoo.gif

Oh we're being negative? Fine.

If (when) she inevitably ignores KLSH's dreams of collabing I'm gonna say how sick I am of all these dream collaborations being relegated to remixes of 20+ year old songs or extra vocals instead of fresh material.

Brandy on The Roof and that's it.

THREE Ariana collabs this decade and it's Oh Santa, Yes And, and the freaking Barbra song no shade.

Solange on Say Somethin' and that's it.

After that Apple Music talk with SZA she was talking about them doing something with Underneath the Stars???

Kelela naming Mariah her dream collab and being paid in roach joints.

Like these would all be generational linkups and she doesn't wanna sit down in the studio with any of them. And her worst fumble of the 90s is still not getting an original song with Jodeci and opting to do a cover of The Beautiful Ones with Devante instead. I would sacrifice half the lamb population for that alternative timeline

These European gays on atrl downplaying her musicality and versatility (while stanning the likes of Dua and Zara) are exhausting

10 hours ago, Reverie said:

Oh we're being negative? Fine.

If (when) she inevitably ignores KLSH's dreams of collabing I'm gonna say how sick I am of all these dream collaborations being relegated to remixes of 20+ year old songs or extra vocals instead of fresh material.

Brandy on The Roof and that's it.

THREE Ariana collabs this decade and it's Oh Santa, Yes And, and the freaking Barbra song no shade.

Solange on Say Somethin' and that's it.

After that Apple Music talk with SZA she was talking about them doing something with Underneath the Stars???

Kelela naming Mariah her dream collab and being paid in roach joints.

Like these would all be generational linkups and she doesn't wanna sit down in the studio with any of them. And her worst fumble of the 90s is still not getting an original song with Jodeci and opting to do a cover of The Beautiful Ones with Devante instead. I would sacrifice half the lamb population for that alternative timeline

If/when she doesn't make that album with KLSH, she can choke. Imagine choosing Jermaine Dupri in 2026 over him

annoyed-mariah-carey.gif

https://www.instagram.com/reels/DclgiZ9za0q/

This might be my favorite live performance of "It's Like That." The BET Blueprint Special is absolutely amazing. She looks so confident and happy, her vocals are insanely on point.

Edited by DiegoMarcoCMM

not sure if I believe her, but still gonna act excited

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

8 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

not sure if I believe her, but still gonna act excited

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

And when the new music in question is Charmbracelord 25

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

It's gonna be that Jermaine album zzz her musical instincts are night and day from her forward-thinking prime years.

Skinny, tho

Why tf is the Glitter25 release so far away? I can understand pushing it away from September, but damn.

one-breath-walter-a-on-lead-the-way-v0-t

Walter defending her in the comments of a Lead the Way cover deadbanana2

Poor Yes, And

6 minutes ago, Démodé said:

Daydream listenings commence now

mariah-carey-funny-mariah-carey-mocking.

This classic. If she included Slipping Away it would be essentially tied with Butterfly for me

9 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

This classic. If she included Slipping Away it would be essentially tied with Butterfly for me

I see it on my Spotify tracklist so I'm considering part of the album

rogue2

10 minutes ago, Démodé said:

I see it on my Spotify tracklist so I'm considering part of the album

rogue2

Ugh, imagine listening to Daydream and all of its remixes for the first time again. And the tour performances

What an era

mariah-carey-promoting-daydream-in-1996-daydream7mar96-6.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_VSb0Fu-kWw7bABSo3oTimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiWxAYh5a7OXdQV0dKUk4mariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-emariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-eimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcStV6nIHGOXo4xz60j4ZcH

mariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-eimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEM736wvc7hc3L3ZhKjnZmariah-carey-underneath-the-stars.jpg

Let me know if you want live performance links after suburban

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Ugh, imagine listening to Daydream and all of its remixes for the first time again. And the tour performances

What an era

mariah-carey-promoting-daydream-in-1996-daydream7mar96-6.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_VSb0Fu-kWw7bABSo3oTimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiWxAYh5a7OXdQV0dKUk4mariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-emariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-eimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcStV6nIHGOXo4xz60j4ZcH

mariah-carey-more-photos-from-daydream-eimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEM736wvc7hc3L3ZhKjnZmariah-carey-underneath-the-stars.jpg

Let me know if you want live performance links after suburban

I want live performances for sure!

And I also would love to find out which remixes are worth it cause she got like a million for every single, the original (Mariah's Version)[From The Vault](A capella)

1 minute ago, Démodé said:

I want live performances for sure!

And I also would love to find out which remixes are worth it cause she got like a million for every single, the original (Mariah's Version)[From The Vault](A capella)

Daydream has a lot of essential remixes, but here you go:

but I prefer the no rap:

and one of the most influential songs ever, Pitchfork's #1 song of the 90s:

2 minutes ago, Démodé said:

Fantasy ft ODB slaps omg

RIP to that legend

That section was one of my favorite parts of the memoir. Mariah convincing Tommy's racist ass to let her record with him

A new JDMC (eli) album would be cute heart imagine all the WBT rehashes we'd get, all the piano and beat r&b midtempos (real rnb, none of that Cowtion alt rnb bull) yasss!! We have been too starved of those ever since Memoirs actually likeeee I need some more Last Kiss, Love Story, Thanx 4 Nothin' rehashes plssss

29 minutes ago, Démodé said:

I want live performances for sure!

And I also would love to find out which remixes are worth it cause she got like a million for every single, the original (Mariah's Version)[From The Vault](A capella)

The way we really need her to release ALLLL of her albums in Acapella and instrumental AND instrumental with bgv AND the bgv stacks themselves.

One thing I'm not sure I've seen someone else talk about yet is if I had to pick a reference for Looking In it would definitely be Stevie's They Won't Go as a blueprint for a somber "funeral march" (also the Cry print) kind of piano ballad. Similar verse structure, similar melodic ideas all around

Didn't JD last give us Make It Look Good and You Don't Know What To Do, ultimately the quality is up to her. I wouldn't mind seeing her beat selection get some upgrades though

gretchen-cortinas.thumb.gif.5f5f70ab8914

Edited by Reverie

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.