Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey

Featured Replies

13 hours ago, Démodé said:

I listened to Music Box in full for the first time last night and.... To say it didn't click is an understatement.

I only knew the two classics Hero and Without You, but I wasn't really hooked in by the rest of the tracks unfortunately. The b-sides devour the standard album, especially Do You Think of Me.

The remixes were cute, hopefully they pop off more next era.

Anytime You Need a Friend C+C is an incredible remix and I love soul convention too. I prefer Litter Box b sides like All I Live For extended, Everything Fades Away, Do You Think of Me. Dreamlover, AYNAF, and Now That I Know from the album

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Views 693k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cleanromantic
    Cleanromantic

    I'm diving into Mariah's discography and my god, the QUALITY   I've always loved the big hits but I had no idea how good her albums were 

  • I honestly thought she'd never release new music again  

  • James_Dean
    James_Dean

    I'm sorry but I did laugh

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

b sides like All I Live For extended, Everything Fades Away, Do You Think of Me. Dreamlover, AYNAF, and Now That I Know from the album

yes, these were my instants as well! i'll give the remixes a spin soon again

2 minutes ago, Démodé said:

yes, these were my instants as well! i'll give the remixes a spin soon again

Litter Box is bottom tier Mariah for me. It's clear that was the era during which Mottola had the most influence in choosing the tracklist or making Mariah write a certain way because the best tracks were left on the cutting room floor.

I can see why it sold 800 million copies, but it just is not a strong reflection of her musical prowess.

Just now, suburbannature said:

Litter Box is bottom tier Mariah for me. It's clear that was the era during which Mottola had the most influence in choosing the tracklist or making Mariah write a certain way because the best tracks were left on the cutting room floor.

I can see why it sold 800 million copies, but it just is not a strong reflection of her musical prowess.

It definitely felt a bit lifeless after an album closing with a windy masterpiece

13 hours ago, Démodé said:

I listened to Music Box in full for the first time last night and.... To say it didn't click is an understatement.

I only knew the two classics Hero and Without You, but I wasn't really hooked in by the rest of the tracks unfortunately. The b-sides devour the standard album, especially Do You Think of Me.

The remixes were cute, hopefully they pop off more next era.

It's only up from here clap3I'll always use Dreamlover, title track, and Now That I Know from the standard at least. We can only imagine what the album she wanted to make sounded like, she kinda got stockholmed into liking cheesy stuff like Hero from it being so popular.... which is why I wish she said **** the fans decades ago and performed more album tracks and real fan faves redface

Just now, Reverie said:

It's only up from here clap3I'll always use Dreamlover, title track, and Now That I Know from the standard at least. We can only imagine what the album she wanted to make sounded like, she kinda got stockholmed into liking cheesy stuff like Hero from it being so popular.... which is why I wish she said **** the fans decades ago and performed more album tracks and real fan faves redface

Hero is absolute cheese, I'm so sorry skull

Just now, Démodé said:

Hero is absolute cheese, I'm so sorry skull

She suffers from being a people pleaser, she didn't even like the song at first and was gonna give it to Gloria Estefan but they made her keep it because the public would eat it up. And then she basically said she would feel guilty for not performing it since everyone tells her it saved their gay little lives so here we are with her closing every show with Hero 3 decades later jonny

Like the fact that she didn't even wanna make a fun remix for it because it reeks too much of cheese

Edited by Reverie

1 hour ago, Démodé said:

Hero is absolute cheese, I'm so sorry skull

I definitely don't love the studio version, but the live version is one of my favorites. It has so much more passion.

And Tokyo Dome ofc

y'all know about this??

To celebrate the release of Mariah's #1's compilation, Sony Music UK's Urban Division issued a limited-edition promo-only 10-vinyl box set containing the major remixes of Mariah's hits.

LTEwMDMuanBlZw.jpegMARIAH_CAREY_12S%2B-%2BTWELVES-126265b.j

Didn't Mean to Turn You On is my introduction to the Glitter era and I love it

pikachoo

1 minute ago, Démodé said:

Didn't Mean to Turn You On is my introduction to the Glitter era and I love it

pikachoo

#ThankYouCherrelle

pikachoo.gif

Just now, conatus said:

#ThankYouCherrelle

pikachoo.gif

It's true, I also don't get the hate for the remix. Is it the vocals?

On 8/24/2026 at 7:42 PM, suburbannature said:

y'all know about this??

LTEwMDMuanBlZw.jpegMARIAH_CAREY_12S%2B-%2BTWELVES-126265b.j

Always wanted to own this when I first saw it on Discogs YEARS ago, even before I started by vinyl this decade!

There are other artists who have similar remix vinyl boxsets like Whitney but by far Mariah's feel the most complete and most sense with them actually being fleshed out re-written, re-recorded remixes.

large_item_5007146_3ad8ddb7a1.jpg

jonny experimental queen

10 minutes ago, Démodé said:

It's true, I also don't get the hate for the remix. Is it the vocals?

The new one?? Everyone loves it

11 minutes ago, Démodé said:

It's true, I also don't get the hate for the remix. Is it the vocals?

I'd be lying if I said the one thing stopping me from really loving the Moo/Rochelle remix isn't Moo's voice at points, or at least the mixing on her parts specifically. There's moments where it feels like I hear clipping and it pisses me off.

pikachoo.gif

41 minutes ago, conatus said:

I'd be lying if I said the one thing stopping me from really loving the Moo/Rochelle remix isn't Moo's voice at points, or at least the mixing on her parts specifically. There's moments where it feels like I hear clipping and it pisses me off.

pikachoo.gif

Ι definitely heard the clippings too, I'm letting it go since it's a little gift for the fans

Music Box is overheated. It's a little middle of the road and whitewashed but other than Never Forget You, nothing is egregiously bad on it and the 90s cheese feels comforting. But yeah, the b-sides devour.

6 hours ago, conatus said:

I'd be lying if I said the one thing stopping me from really loving the Moo/Rochelle remix isn't Moo's voice at points, or at least the mixing on her parts specifically. There's moments where it feels like I hear clipping and it pisses me off.

pikachoo.gif

They're just the 2000 vocals run through a stylistic filter, though. I think there might be one or two new ad libs

23 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

They're just the 2000 vocals run through a stylistic filter, though. I think there might be one or two new ad libs

Are we 100% sure about that? Because it definitely sounds more like 20sriah to me, idk. Like I say, the issue is probably more so the vocal clipping anyway.

rogue2

1 minute ago, conatus said:

Are we 100% sure about that? Because it definitely sounds more like 20sriah to me, idk. Like I say, the issue is probably more so the vocal clipping anyway.

rogue2

Yeah, it's the original song's vocals. They just have an effect added to them.

I don't hear any clipping, tbh. You mean where Rochelle is added?

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Yeah, it's the original song's vocals. They just have an effect added to them.

I don't hear any clipping, tbh. You mean where Rochelle is added?

No, on Moo's verses. Would say maybe I'm losing my mind but if @Démodé heard them too then at least I'm not alone in my madness.

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

Just now, conatus said:

No, on Moo's verses. Would say maybe I'm losing my mind but if @Démodé heard them too then at least I'm not alone in my madness.

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

Maybe I'm the one losing it, but I don't hear anything noteworthy. The only thing I don't love is the effect on the vocals, but I recognize that it's a stylistic choice for the remix. Rochelle should have had it too, but it's not that big of a deal, imo.

Huge bop for me

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.