Mariah Carey

feelslikeadream

Dr. Alexander
8 hours ago, Rocket said:

If anything, this tour is gonna give us gifs for days.

Her barely being able to bend down :hoetenks:

I knew her inactivity would catch up with her. She should've been in the gym all these years instead of lounging. Like ma'am, you're only 55 years old. I cannot. What is going AWN

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket

• suburbannature

• Saddy

• killer_rose

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

OMG so I showed my friend the new outfit I'm wearing to Friday's concert, and he didn't like it. So I slapped him...

Now we ain't talking so idk who I'm going to talk to about everything that happens at the concert Friday...

g'ijgiosdfnj;kjdg;osdindf

:ahh:

17 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Is she broke? That's a lot for a t-shirt

zVxTDJv.png

df3671450de3ad7c129e8dd5985f55a4ea466289

That's pretty normal for merch these days. 

From comments I have seen from some lambs I was expecting way worse vocals, she sounds good in the clips that I've seen. Idk if most of it is pre-recorded, but a lot of it seems live but kinda like there is some tuning on the mic which may be why parts sound a little artificial, but i'm not sure..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boo-5illi said:

Under two minutes...

spacer.png

Oh welcome :alexz2: 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, killer_rose said:

I don't know...she was extremely confident and great live in 2016. 2018 also had some great moments.

Also her attitude and voice  in those 2020 clips from when covid was causing so much problem, were really great. What could have happened the past years?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Outside789 said:

Also her attitude and voice  in those 2020 clips from when covid was causing so much problem, were really great. What could have happened the past years?

Menopause? That's actually very likely and not much she can do about it even if she is on hormone therapy.

Her nodules will continue to get worse, the older she gets, the worse her voice will be.

7 hours ago, Saddy said:

KliapBH.gifC1ZigHz.giftumblr_inline_sbxs9u6bDU1qktomp_500.giftumblr_inline_sbxsa6gQP81qktomp_500.gif

KliapBH.gif

KliapBH.gifC1ZigHz.gifKliapBH.gif

KliapBH.gif

KliapBH.gif

• Haha 2

Do we think she's had Roe in the recording studio, pressuring her to mimic her mother so she can record her vocals and use them?

C1ZigHz.gif

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Outside789 said:

The Caution Tour was pretty good stage presence wise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Menopause? That's actually very likely and not much she can do about it even if she is on hormone therapy.

Her nodules will continue to get worse, the older she gets, the worse her voice will be.

That can indeed be a factor. Menopause won't be an issue forever, so if that is the case. She should be able to work with her voice once menopause is over. Her nodules will be as always a double edge sword. But i don't think they should cause much trouble than usual, in the normal conditions from years ago, she was still able to deliver vocals and energy. So i would say menopause could likely be the main issue right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

The Caution Tour was pretty good stage presence wise.

True. Caution had some great moments.

8 minutes ago, Outside789 said:

That can indeed be a factor. Menopause won't be an issue forever, so if that is the case. She should be able to work with her voice once menopause is over. Her nodules will be as always a double edge sword. But i don't think they should cause much trouble than usual, in the normal conditions from years ago, she was still able to deliver vocals and energy. So i would say menopause could likely be the main issue right now.

It usually lasts 7 years :gaycat6: and she really needs to stop drinking. It won't make her voice perfect, but at least she'll sound a little "better"

• Thanks 1

Mariah is 55 with health issues and whatever alcohol issues she may have.

I don't see her voice improving in any capacity at this point. She already limited the belting on Caution and she still lipped those she performed live. Her voice is just very unstable. 

It just is what it is at this point.  :gayriahcat2:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Love this video :dies:

I was just watching Mimi's live videos and noticed that when she's actually sings live she closes her eyes a lot and even frown her eyebrows :alexz2:

26 minutes ago, Devin said:

music box kinda hitting today.

spacer.png

Song or album?

1 minute ago, Saddy said:

Song or album?

album. its my least fav 90s album so i rarely stream it in full but today….

:jonny2:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

album. its my least fav 90s album so i rarely stream it in full but today….

:jonny2:

Omg :gaycat1: what's your least fav song from this album?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Saddy said:

Omg :gaycat1: what's your least fav song from this album?

IBTAY it drags and a skip for me fr.

when i check for #that album i mainly stream AYNAF, NFY, hero, and dreamlover. music box prob be better if it were an ep. :lmao:

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Mariah is 55 with health issues and whatever alcohol issues she may have.

I don't see her voice improving in any capacity at this point. She already limited the belting on Caution and she still lipped those she performed live. Her voice is just very unstable. 

It just is what it is at this point.  :gayriahcat2:

We've been aware of her vocal challenges for several years and know that her vocal stamina and endurance aren't compatible with touring and are quite damaging. It's tough to watch her struggle during live performances but it's encouraging to see her take steps that seem to be reflective of an approach that keeps her vocal health in mind.

We know her vocal nodules have been simultaneously a hindrance and unique advantage because she's somehow intuitively leveraged what might have sidelined any other singer's career into a massively unique strength, even though over the years has been progressively taking a toll. And through the eras, that intuitiveness of maxing out the potential of her voice has only become more limiting and constraining for her to circumvent in any healthy way. The demands of her success, her bipolar disorder causing her loss of sleep or even alcoholic abuse, and her propensity for exceeding what she probably what she should be singing (but probably also pressured by expectation), among other ups and downs, undoubtedly contributed to it, too. 

Yet, despite this, she consistently still delivers high quality music. Her album 'Caution' is a testament to her enduring commitment to her music and her fans. Having missed the chance to see her perform live in her prime, I'm gonna treasure any opportunity to appreciate her now. As the last of the vocal trinity that's relatively active for someone of her caliber, I'm grateful for any performance she does decide to sing live. She doesn't owe us anything but she continues to give generously to her fans.

Mind you, she's had one massive decade, a successful "comeback", and embraced her "defrosting" status by turning it into a massive, successful seasonal opportunity that, as I mentioned months ago, she's used to her advantage by promoting her body of work outside of Christmas.

She could have just lived on the profits of AIW and retired doing private shows but she hasn't. 

On 4/14/2024 at 1:38 PM, Boo-5illi said:

I'm happy that when she does decide to sing, she's approaching what seems like a very mindful, healthy usage of her voice. If I'm being optimistic, I'm hoping this habit is going to help her build a better foundation for what she feels comfortable singing and it'll improve her promo performances or when she does decide to sing fully live in moments like these. 

Edited by Ibrahim
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.