Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Saw JFAD again with most of my family last night and they LOVED it. I was like "really?" 
 

:suburban:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

26 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

Apparently Sarah Tanno was also in the editing room, that explains a lot. 

:dies:

8 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

Hopefully GAGA focuses more in MUSIC, enough CHASING Oscars and do some fun not-Oscar bait films for a while

The only thing Gaga will be focusing on more after LG7 is starting her family nn, we better get used to this fact already tbh. 

Wonder how Michael's doing rn :gaycat2: isn't this his first experience with unhinged OGHs? must be weird as hell

 

Though I guess they're both ignoring everything 

Honestly the hate for the movie is undeserved but if Gaga wants to

act for ever let her be lol She always does great regardless of how the movie is received  :coffee2:

36 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

There is no need for you to be embarrassed or humiliated about the movie not doing well. You are not in it, you are not Lady Gaga and you don't even know her. 

You don't know that. He could be Michaels in law 

Not me opening tiktok and the first thing that pops up is the Nurtec OTD ad :deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, nokiki said:

Wonder how Michael's doing rn :gaycat2: isn't this his first experience with unhinged OGHs? must be weird as hell

 

Though I guess they're both ignoring everything 

Gaga and Michael right now:

 

 

Just now, FameFatale said:

Not me opening tiktok and the first thing that pops up is the Nurtec OTD ad :deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

I'm getting FAD hate videos with thousands of likes so I've decided that's enough for today :dancehall:

Gaga is just a supporting actress in this movie. This won't affect Gaga at all besides some tired ass OGHs.

 

Meanwhile Gaga has the biggest song of the year 🖤 and her new lead single from LG7 is coming in 6/13/20 days 🖤

9 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Not me opening tiktok and the first thing that pops up is the Nurtec OTD ad :deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

Handing out Nurtec to the audience after a showing of Joker would be a great marketing opportunity

 

5sspgdkm6dqd1.gif

Yeah at the end of the day the movie is NOT being panned bc of her — it is being panned for the plot/pacing. Most negative reviews praise the acting as one of the few good things in the film. 

I haven't seen the movie yet but from what I've read, JFAD seems to just be an overextended court trial about the events in the first movie and not much going on plot-wise. Those are shortcomings on the part of the writers/director. 

Edited by MCMXCV

Relax. Gaga's career will be perfectly fine. She's great in it and is committed. She got paid, did the job and got the praise, and did as much promo as possible. 
 

How many actors have had major flops critics or audience and still have films done? Everyone. Literally. 

With she switching her focus toward music at least for the first half of next year, I believe the movie BOMBING hard would have minimal impact on her career. Though it is kinda telling that for a moment JFAD seemed to be the only rollout of 24 but she end up doing more musical gigs.

Just got out of my JFAD screening.

 

What can I say. It was a nothing movie. The sooner Gaga moves on from this mess, the better. It won't affect her future movie roles though, as she was the only captivating thing about the film.

 

:nicole:

Just now, FameFatale said:

Anyways.. 1? 2? Or 3? Weeks until LG7 single 

I'm in Group 3 :katie2:

This entire forum is gonna be unbearable for the next few months, isnt it? :ace:

Do I even still want to spend $20, and my Saturday afternoon on this movie?

 

Spoiler

Yes

LkOBFPK.gif

 

5 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Anyways.. 1? 2? Or 3? Weeks until LG7 single 

I think it's the 11th. If it really is a "halloween"-esque aesthetic I doubt she'd wait until the last week of the month to release it 

So.... saw the movie last night with my hetero bestie who loved the first movie. He gave this movie a 6.5/10 while the first gets an 8.5/10. We both went into it thinking it was going to be the worst thing we've ever seen and it just wasn't? Multiple times throughout, I thought to myself, "did they recut the film and I'm seeing the new version" because what I heard about it and what I was watching were not the same. :rip: 90% of the complaints I heard prior to seeing the film just weren't in the movie to my knowledge? Gaga is not sidelined; she is in the entire movie. The movie isn't entirely a "courtroom drama". The musical numbers, while sometimes feeling a little forced, did not illicit an "omg, stop with this" feeling from me. No one in my theater walked out. The older guy next to me was jamming to all the music :ahh:.

 

My bestie and I both agreed they could've dove into the Lee plot a little more and he thought Gaga "looked hot" with the bob at the end. :eli: The main issue was how they really didn't explain why Arthur was suddenly singing since in the first movie his musical bits were a lot more subtle? I think there was a missed opportunity to dive more into that. I didn't realize at first that the musical numbers were

 

psychotic breaks

but once I realized it, I was like, ok work this is clever.

 

I saw someone complain that the ending retconned Joker's character but I don't see it that way.

The prison guards literally raped the Joker out of him and that made him realize his mistakes near the end.

 

Was it the best thing ever? No, but I now fully think it is just a bandwagon. All my hatred toward Todd Phillips was silly and I kinda love that the ending was a big FU to the fans lol.

Edited by Sannie

  • Popular Post

Back to over 11M!

 

Spotify Global

#1 - 11,312,356

 

USA

#2 (+1) - 2,025,300

Edited by Hair

1 minute ago, Janet said:

Still no insta post? Where is she :suburban:

WB probably told not to promote the film anymore because it's a waste of time. 
 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.