Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Marry The Gods said:

Hopefully Gaga's team will utilize tiktok more to promote her next album now that she has a larger following on tiktok than she did before. They need to stop the embarrassing useless promo of putting billboards on random apartment slum buildings and skywriting the single release date like we're still in the 90s or something :toofunny3:

TikTok promo is truly the first thing her team needs to focus with the next era promo wise, especially when she's also good on doing TikToks videos like she's not cringe or forced in doing them, she fits perfectly that platform and the response is always positive over there.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

13 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Peggy Gou dance productions are very chill compared to what Gaga usually does or did with 'Chromatica' specifically, like somebody else pointed out in here not longtime ago, Gaga truly needs an album that could also be not dance but that is relaxing and chill to hear in general, something more smooth and less explosive, 'Bloody Mary' for example is a kind of song that fit that.

I’m conflicted. This sounds boring, but I think an album like this would smash.

 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I agree. Alice would have served a better video but Gaga's team is thinking charts not the arts. I'm pretty sure Free Woman was supposed to be the lead single at one point

 

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.8a7d0e2

all I want from her at this point is a full-on arts not charts era

 

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).thumb.gif.8a7d0e2

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m conflicted. This sounds boring, but I think an album like this would smash.

 

spacer.png

A chill album would not necessarly being boring, it would work perfectly also for a rnb kind of sound as well, it would be something different from what she has done before, however I'm not really expecting it from her realistically, aside from few tracks like in the past.

What do y'all think about Gaga's movie roles taking a musical slant, like it did with ASIB and is now looking to be with Joker 2? Do we think it's a "crutch" to keep her music career afloat, or do we think it's actually a unique differentiator that very, VERY little entertainers can fill and makes her one of the most creative artists of our time?

I lean the latter but a part of me also wants her to snatch roles that don't necessarily have a music component. Don't get me wrong, she's a FULL actress no matter what anyone says because she's actually good at acting, but I wonder for how long she'll continue blending both music and film together.

5 minutes ago, Aden said:

What do y'all think about Gaga's movie roles taking a musical slant, like it did with ASIB and is now looking to be with Joker 2? Do we think it's a "crutch" to keep her music career afloat, or do we think it's actually a unique differentiator that very, VERY little entertainers can fill and makes her one of the most creative artists of our time?

I lean the latter but a part of me also wants her to snatch roles that don't necessarily have a music component. Don't get me wrong, she's a FULL actress no matter what anyone says because she's actually good at acting, but I wonder for how long she'll continue blending both music and film together.

Most successful artists that become actresses win their Best Actress Oscar with a musical film. Good examples would be Barbra Streisand and Liza Minnelli. The exception would be Cher. It can be debated that Funny Girl and Cabaret are way more impactful than Moon Struck. 
 

Since Gaga is a critically acclaimed musician and song writer, it would be wise for her to continue to mostly do musical movies with some non-music movies sprinkled in. 

I just want music. is that so much to ask? The Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years, whats Miss German’s excuse?

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

TikTok promo is truly the first thing her team needs to focus with the next era promo wise, especially when she's also good on doing TikToks videos like she's not cringe or forced in doing them, she fits perfectly that platform and the response is always positive over there.

People say Bey's rena 'had no promo' but mvs are largely useless now, and they paid all the big tiktokers to star trends and use the rena songs in the videos. this is now the most effective form of promo for streaming eras and shorter pop music which is made for playlist consumption.

 

Meanwhile, the atrl bases bicker as they moan about their fave not doing  SNL and ellen dangerous itunes era'd promo cause that's what they remember when they were in their early teens :fan:

Just now, Pikachoo said:

I just want music. is that so much to ask? The Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years, whats Miss German’s excuse?

Albums age poorly and are forgettable. Movies last forever 

5 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

I just want music. is that so much to ask? The Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years, whats Miss German’s excuse?

It was the 60s and 70s when music was more profitable. It's why artists like Barbra Streisand were able to release new music every year.

 

 

I wish I knew how to imbed YouTube because I just seen Anetra from drag race perform Alice and it made me wish there was visuals for that song! If anyone wants to search for it, it’s “Anetra Alice Sydney Australia”

2 minutes ago, ThisNihilist said:

I wish I knew how to imbed YouTube because I just seen Anetra from drag race perform Alice and it made me wish there was visuals for that song! If anyone wants to search for it, it’s “Anetra Alice Sydney Australia”

You can just paste the full URL link in the comment box , the video should embed itself automatically after a sec or so :alexz3:

will go down to #2 for sure bc of The Eras Tour and possibly #3 if Renaissance outperforms

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

will go down to #2 for sure bc of The Eras Tour and possibly #3 if Renaissance outperforms

Their tickets are probably way more expensive so yeah.

Edited by ViviLittleM

28 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

I just want music. is that so much to ask? The Beatles released 12 albums in 10 years, whats Miss German’s excuse?

it was 60s, they were doing coke and their labels/agents demanded lots of albums

it also helps when you're divorcing or start hating your bandmates 

 

hmmmm now that's a thought, what if gaga gets married, gets divorced and then delivers her Rumors 

Just now, ViviLittleM said:

Their tickets are probably way more expensive so yeah.

Tayloe will do like $15-16M per show

Beyonce I expect like 11M

Love how people rag on the Chromatica Ball's gross like there are TONS of girls other than Gaga doing numbers similar to Beyonce/Taylor. :rip:

 

Literally only the three of them with the inclusion of Madonna and maybe Pink pull those kind of numbers.

26 minutes ago, Aden said:

Love how people rag on the Chromatica Ball's gross like there are TONS of girls other than Gaga doing numbers similar to Beyonce/Taylor. :rip:

 

Literally only the three of them with the inclusion of Madonna and maybe Pink pull those kind of numbers.

she had only 20 dates, like :rip: 

3 hours ago, Aden said:

What do y'all think about Gaga's movie roles taking a musical slant, like it did with ASIB and is now looking to be with Joker 2? Do we think it's a "crutch" to keep her music career afloat, or do we think it's actually a unique differentiator that very, VERY little entertainers can fill and makes her one of the most creative artists of our time?

I lean the latter but a part of me also wants her to snatch roles that don't necessarily have a music component. Don't get me wrong, she's a FULL actress no matter what anyone says because she's actually good at acting, but I wonder for how long she'll continue blending both music and film together.

So far the balance has been right, her first major role AHS was without music, ASIB is not a conventional musical, it's a drama in first and it made sense for her cinema debut since there was the need of somebody capable of singing-performing in a superior way other than acting, HOG was a 2 and half hours long drama without music, JFAD has been already labelled like another drama with musical scenes that are gonna be jazz and not a conventional musical, totally different in every aspect from what she did ASIB along with the role being more demanding and totally different as well.

 

So far every role and project she chose it has been totally diverse from the previous, ASIB and JFAD couldn't be more diverse, as long as she choose roles and project so different I don't mind if there is music involved and I don't think those choices especially for ASIB were made in the optic of getting music success, I perfectly recall they weren't expecting the soundtrack to be that successful and JFAD is gonna have jazz covers that are not commercial in the current market, she's obviously a singer in first and it's clear that they're gonna offer her roles with music involved since there aren't many people that can do those.

 

I'm pretty sure the next movie will be without music.

1 hour ago, Aden said:

Love how people rag on the Chromatica Ball's gross like there are TONS of girls other than Gaga doing numbers similar to Beyonce/Taylor. :rip:

 

Literally only the three of them with the inclusion of Madonna and maybe Pink pull those kind of numbers.

If we extrapolate Gaga's grosses, she would have grossed over $300m with the amount of dates Beyonce has and over $700m with the amount of dates Taylor has. And that is not even taking into account higher gross averages in places she has not been to in a while like other parts of Asia and South/Latin America. Gaga's gross would have only been matched or beaten by Beyonce and Taylor lol.

 

3 hours ago, Aden said:

What do y'all think about Gaga's movie roles taking a musical slant, like it did with ASIB and is now looking to be with Joker 2? Do we think it's a "crutch" to keep her music career afloat, or do we think it's actually a unique differentiator that very, VERY little entertainers can fill and makes her one of the most creative artists of our time?

I lean the latter but a part of me also wants her to snatch roles that don't necessarily have a music component. Don't get me wrong, she's a FULL actress no matter what anyone says because she's actually good at acting, but I wonder for how long she'll continue blending both music and film together.

Actors play roles that fall in line with their talents. Every single actor from Meryl Streep to Joaquin Phoenix hone in on roles that play to their strengths. Gaga's strength happens to be music so leaning into those roles just make sense. I do not see it as a crutch because it is the same thing everyone else does.

Edited by Sannie

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.