• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

Happy birthday to the best song on allahnet :jonny5:the fact she released this masterpiece on my birthday

On 5/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

On 5/16/2022 at 11:57 AM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

I loved this look, I think she looked great

Happy 28th Birthday Any time, Any place ????? 

Well... :zzz: I think it's safe to say we're not getting Black Diamond this summer as I'm sure we'd know about it by now if we were. And I don't see her releasing in Q4 either. So I guess we'll pack it up and try again in 2023.

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

Well... :zzz: I think it's safe to say we're not getting Black Diamond this summer as I'm sure we'd know about it by now if we were. And I don't see her releasing in Q4 either. So I guess we'll pack it up and try again in 2023.

More like try 2026 when Janet is 60 years old to commemorate her true music career debut :lmao:

Happy 22nd Birthday Doesn't Really Matter ????? 

You guys know how Discipline the album is region locked in some countries, right? Someone uploaded Feedback and Rock With U in random compilation albums so now the songs can be streamed if you're from one of those territories like my country :celestial3:

Happy 18th Birthday All Nite (Don't Stop) ????? 

Thinking about last year's summer when I was blasting janet. album at work and one of my older co-worker came in to my office while Throb was blasting from my computer :deadbanana4:

Remember a few years ago when they were uploading things like the RN singles and releasing new vinyls and things looked like they may be improving? Remember just a few months ago when it looked like they were trying to fix the YouTube situation, and then the documentary? The tease of a new single? Short-lived good times. 

Even if we pretend she looked great portraying a stuffed sausage for Mary J. Blige or that orange outfit makes up for 15 years of black trash bags, she is still THE WORST female legend legacy act bar none. Absolutely useless in her current form.

Well in my local city news, I recently went a record fair and saw a number of Janet vinyls for sale from one stall vendor. There was a section with a big sign titled Pop Icons and various MJ, Madonna, Prince, Elton John, Britney records was in that section including Janet. 

I found a brand new condition 1984 reissue of Janet's first album in there and snapped it up. Had an interesting conversation with the seller saying Janet's vinyls seemed to be the most popular ones he was getting sales from the shoppers apparently. There were lots of Madonna vinyls but over the course of the day, they didn't look to be selling well as I noticed they were still full by the end of the event, meanwhile Janet's section was almost empty when the seller told me he had put out a lot earlier in the day and they were nearly all getting snapped up :fan:.

42 minutes ago, Devin said:

So Black Diamond when? :rip:

At this point, we’ve all been scammed; it’s a cubic zirconia painted black. 

3 hours ago, Aerosol said:

Remember a few years ago when they were uploading things like the RN singles and releasing new vinyls and things looked like they may be improving? Remember just a few months ago when it looked like they were trying to fix the YouTube situation, and then the documentary? The tease of a new single? Short-lived good times. 

Even if we pretend she looked great portraying a stuffed sausage for Mary J. Blige or that orange outfit makes up for 15 years of black trash bags, she is still THE WORST female legend legacy act bar none. Absolutely useless in her current form.

What's your point?

43 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

:dies:

Maybe cause I was so looking forward to it and delusionally told myself she would captialize on the documentary and drop it soon after. 

Okay so I am a HUGE Janet fan and she is an icon and a legend. However what is going on with this album release lol like the documentaries were a complete wasted opportunity, then she teased a song she didn’t release which was a leftover from that EP which never got released in 2019 and now we’re… just waiting?

She announced Black Diamond years ago. I just wonder what’s actually contributing to the delays and indecision. Does anyone know the tea?

Luckily I’ve been enjoying her back catalogue which is phenomenal but I worry that in waiting for some perfect moment she’s letting lots of goodwill and momentum go.

4 hours ago, kishi said:

What's your point?

What's the point of Janet Jackson the pop star in 2022?

I can't at some of y'all still waiting for Black Dust. I knew it was a wrap as soon as Janet pulled the "we'll see" when asked about music after the documentary. 

At least we have Eissa's violin instrumental album to look forward to in 2037. I'm ready for his cover of Velevet Rope. :jonny5:

10 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

:bibliahh:

On 5/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, Daydream said:

I think she scrapped the album tbh

13 hours ago, Aerosol said:

It's best to just laugh and let go at this point :rip:

9 hours ago, Slap said:

Okay so I am a HUGE Janet fan and she is an icon and a legend. However what is going on with this album release lol like the documentaries were a complete wasted opportunity, then she teased a song she didn’t release which was a leftover from that EP which never got released in 2019 and now we’re… just waiting?

She announced Black Diamond years ago. I just wonder what’s actually contributing to the delays and indecision. Does anyone know the tea?

Luckily I’ve been enjoying her back catalogue which is phenomenal but I worry that in waiting for some perfect moment she’s letting lots of goodwill and momentum go.

I think it's because she hasn't been on an actual record label since 2008. She's so far removed from the game and is accustomed to her current lifestyle. Janet has always done things on her own terms. Before, I think a lot of her career decisions were genuis and set her apart (long breaks between albums, unorthodox single choices etc)

Now, her low-key approach in 2022 has been more detrimental to her legacy.

Janet can pretty much record music with whoever she wants, wherever she wants, and not feel the need to release or promote it after the creative itch is scratched. :deadbanana4:

There doesn't seem to be a label type figure in Janet's life actually asking her to release something.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.