Everything posted by Slap
-
Do your parents pressure you for grandkids?
If you're gay just tell them you'll keep trying.
-
Rita Ora sued for £3.2 million by former manager over claims she lied about earnings
That's it? Girl.
-
Police in Greensboro using Taylor's music to torture prisoners
So this is how she's been getting those streaming numbers.
-
Annoying Gen Z Iced Coffee Interview Discourse Debuts in Mainstream News
I'll give my take on this when Boomers learn how to use Microsoft Office.
-
Lauren Jauregui: "I feel like it’s punk as **** to not be a twig right now"
Releasing studio albums is also punk right now sis!
-
Nicki Minaj says Democrats are petty and childish during an interview with Lara Trump
If anyone would know about petty and childish it would be her, she's an a expert at it. They're the only ones left atp, what a shame for Nicki that MAGA is imploding rn and her husband is still a convicted rapist on house arrest, Nicki really needs to choose better men to do her pick me act with.
-
Janet celebrates 20 Y.O. of 20 Y.O.
This was such a good album that got completely overshadowed by the Super Bowl. Daybreak is like the Escapade of the 2000s, she literally did a song with Khia and Nelly each, it was a great album.
-
Taylor Swift would've been more interesting if she disappeared
Honestly not a single person reaches that level of fame without a consequent downward fall if they don't manage the overexposure with a little bit of mystique and absence. As ****** as it is I think that combined with Madonna almost dying is the reason people woke up and decided to start valuing her while she is alive the zeitgeist is brutal and ravenous when it comes to feeding on the downfall of powerful women. But generally I think I'd rather a world where artists release more new, original music than less. People can tune out if they wish, I haven't listened to a single Taylor Swift song in six years, we live in an age where you can choose what you want to listen to, I am at peace.
-
Solve for X: Kylie did better than X's Halftime show.
Legend Kylie Minogue attracted global attention in her hometown adding yet another career defining performance to her five-decade repertoire of servitude. Despite having a fraction of the production budget of a Halftime show, I dare say Kylie's talent alone made it better than some Halftime performances at the Super Bowl, which ones come to mind when you compare them to Legend Kylie's? She's been destroying the 2020s from Glastonbury, to winning a trademark lawsuit against a TEMU ambassador, releasing three albums, and now conquering one of Australia's most homophobic institutions, what will Kylie slay next?
-
Kylie Minogue LIVE from the AFL Grand Final (Australian Superbowl)
The only Kylie anybody ever wants to see
-
Woman who accused JAY-Z of sexual abuse fully recants story
Okay false accusations do happen and they would probably happen to celebrities more than most. 2% of allegations are false, I'm glad to hear Jay didn't do this and I can't imagine how ******* awful it would be for both him and Bey and their kids having something like this that is completely fabricated by somebody with mental illness. We need to believe victims but also recognise that there will always be people who exploit that because they're crashing out. The ****** up part is that even with this recantation the damage is still done. If we are going to give a **** about victims we need to consider that there will be some times where the victim is the person being falsely accused. There are bad actors that exploit every loophole and the more we stamp it out the more of a chance we have of the 98% of victims who tell the truth just getting listened to and believed when they are in court instead of lawyers pointing to the minority of people who have made false accusations and putting every other victim through the ringer by acting like this just happens all the time. It doesn't.
-
Are you excited for Johnny Depps comeback?
I wasn't excited for any of his various comebacks which seem to be happening more often than him actually being successful. At a certain point it's like what are you coming back from? Court?
-
DailyMail: Super Bowl halftime show in crisis, Jay-Z might do it himself with friends
- Trump TV immediately flops. Is Trump in his 143/Lizzo/Miley era?
He wishes he could pull CiCi numbers, even Miss Keri Baby numbers, but even The Spirit Indestructible outsold. CiCi had 115000 people choose to shell out $10 for her Basic Instinct album in the first week and Trump can't even get people to stream his free Kim Jong Un OF ASMR cosplay compilation.- Trump TV immediately flops. Is Trump in his 143/Lizzo/Miley era?
- DailyMail: Super Bowl halftime show in crisis, Jay-Z might do it himself with friends
Yes a sacred sporting event that had Katy Perry and Maroon Five headlining it… that nobody big wants to do this year, and you think it's not even remotely plausible that Missy Elliot or Janet Jackson could be considered a contender? They would both be extremely well received and way more talked about than a dancing shark. Missy Elliott and Janet Jackson have performed at the superbowl. I think that's why a halftime show would be such an excellent move, even just have her in there for a song or two. She absolutely deserves it and has a catalog that most generations will recognise at least one song from even in the US.- Nicki sits down with Fox News; reiterates love for Trump
Such a brilliant callback to her earlier work- Trumps new message to Americans: "less holidays, get back to work"
I live in an actual first world country where poverty is not the norm, and we regularly comment on how insane it is that the US barely offers healthcare or annual leave/holidays and this nepo-baby clown who is worse with money than Michael Jackson wants ya'll to work more? At this point ya'll can only hope that you come out of this with a quality of life on par with the former USSR and for those of you who didn't vote for him and who voted for other candidates, I am so, so sorry. These midterms are going to be more humiliating for MAGA and mean that JD Vance lasted longer inside the couch he ****** than Trump's fat, Cheeto coloured fingers could hold onto power in his second term.- DailyMail: Super Bowl halftime show in crisis, Jay-Z might do it himself with friends
I'm throwing them around because honestly they wouldn't give a **** about the climate and just take the opportunity because they haven't been given a big platform like that. If they can't find anybody then why not? Imagine 1,2 Step (w Missy), Goodies, Love Sex and Magic (with Justin if they insist), Promise, Lose Control (with Missy). I mean give it to Janet, that would be a power move and create a huge media narrative. Sorry but the idea of Jay Z doing it because he can't find anyone is boring as ****.- DailyMail: Super Bowl halftime show in crisis, Jay-Z might do it himself with friends
I call bullshit. Jay needs to widen the net, here are some clear examples: Missy ******* Elliott - it's criminal atp that she hasn't had a lead halftime show, how dare she just be a guest of Katy motherfucking Perry! Ciara - it's time to honour her, sure she's not as big as Beyonce but she has a massive catalog of hits people recognise, she's a killer performer. Carly Rae Jepsen - It would go off and Call me Maybe would be the signature hit to bring it all together. Charli XCX Legend Kylie Minogue ™ Cassie (Feat special guests like anyone else whose career was destroyed by Diddy) Iggy Azalea (Feat Azealia Banks) - just imagine the coverage and controversy… There's also so many special guests they could bring in: Chloe Bailey (or Chloe x Halle) Fifth Harmony Pussycat Dolls/Nicole Scherzinger **** just let Madonna do it again… Britney would be an obvious choice but she wouldn't do it and now is not the time.- Is "Rock With U" by Janet Jackson an Iconic Masterpiece?
Yes. Honestly when the video came out I remember I didn't bother watching it and the song hadn't really clicked with me but when I did I was gagged. The video is a masterpiece and the song just ugh, she has a way of doing these songs that are so lowkey and subtle sometimes, but when you really get them they hit on another level.- Miley about not touring: "People will come to me, I don't need to drive to you"
What she's saying is entirely reasonable and she's worked since she was a child and if she want a some stability then good for her she doesn't owe anybody anything and neither does anybody have to go see her if they don't want to.- BREAKING: Iggy Azalea comeback imminent
Who would've thought in 2026 it would be Iggy that was the least messy out of her Azealia and Nicki. I don't have to, I love it when artists release new music because if I don't like it I can just not listen to it and I'd rather have the choice. Her last album had some bops and usually she has something good every era like Fancy, Trouble, Mo Bounce, KREAM, **** It Up, I am the Strip Club etc.- TB: Ayo Edebiri on JLo; "She can't sing. Her career is one long scam."
- PragerU gay talks about meeting Trump for the first time, your reaction?
- Trump TV immediately flops. Is Trump in his 143/Lizzo/Miley era?