• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

While it's crickets in news regarding a new Janet album, let's take a look at some new entire concert footage of the 2001 All For You tour with the Kansas date. An  ebay seller in the US has a few vhs tapes of a few various dates from the AFY tour which contains the entire concert! Albeit, not for cheap though. Some have already been bought by a few Janet fans it seems.

This Kansas date below seems to have been crowdfunded by a few Janet fan collectors though and one was kind enough to share the entire footage on youtube.

https://people.com/music/janet-jackson-says-shell-release-music-at-some-point-but-no-1-job-being-mama/

"Even though it's something that I absolutely love, it still is my work, my job," she explains. "There will be music at some point. Exactly when? I can't say just yet, but there will be. I love it too much not to do it. This is all I know. There's so much that I want to do — but my number one job is being a mama."

:sad:

well at least Janet is happy being a mom to Eissa :heart2:

Those Essence photos are junk. She looks okay in the video stuff from the shoot on Instagram, even though the makeup is still very heavy-handed. Why can't these publications put anything out that looks even somewhat lifelike.

As for the comments about music, she deserves every bit of the incoming bomb if she ever actually releases.

Okay, I used to think I was doing the most, but yeah… just say you have contempt for her and move on.

I think the Essence shoot is beautiful, but the cover is not it. The denim outfit would’ve made the cover pop, especially with blue accents. It’s a relief to see her in form fitting pants. :allears:

It’s summer time and Damita Jo is giving me island I wish I could travel to. I swear this is my summer album. 

12 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Okay, I used to think I was doing the most, but yeah… just say you have contempt for her and move on.

I think the Essence shoot is beautiful, but the cover is not it. The denim outfit would’ve made the cover pop, especially with blue accents. It’s a relief to see her in form fitting pants. :allears:

It’s summer time and Damita Jo is giving me island I wish I could travel to. I swear this is my summer album. 

SAME! The way the album flows is perfect, I can simply press play

47 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I love the Essence cover, I'm surprised some fans don't like it. :chick3:

Her smile and eyes are everything and even the hat is so cute. :smitten:

42 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

I love the Essence cover, I'm surprised some fans don't like it. :chick3:

Her smile and eyes are everything and even the hat is so cute. :smitten:

It’s not a matter of dislike for me, I just think there are so many better shots! But it’s fine. She’s gorgeous regardless. 

Janet always looks good on every magazine because she's a beautiful woman, but let's not act like she hasn't looked miles better even recently. Idk what her makeup team was thinking this time.

With regards to the music this "I'm sure I can be bothered someday" act is frustrating. It'd be easier to accept if she hadn't already discussed an EP and then bailed only to later on explicitly promise a full-blown album complete with a title and concept only to bail again. With that background this playful ambiguity is enough to make eyes roll.  It just sounds like she's easing into retirement but doesn't want to admit it yet.

Edited by Pop Life

Hi guys, I have a question. I wanna buy that Variety magazine wit JJ on the cover, but is it like a special issue all about her, or an article about docy? Like help me, is it worth it? Thanks :gaycat1:

On 6/15/2022 at 12:15 AM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

While it's crickets in news regarding a new Janet album, let's take a look at some new entire concert footage of the 2001 All For You tour with the Kansas date. An  ebay seller in the US has a few vhs tapes of a few various dates from the AFY tour which contains the entire concert! Albeit, not for cheap though. Some have already been bought by a few Janet fans it seems.

This Kansas date below seems to have been crowdfunded by a few Janet fan collectors though and one was kind enough to share the entire footage on youtube.

Thank god for the stans preserving ha legacy!

Also does anybody here like the singles from her first two albums? I know they’re nowhere near as good as her other albums but it’s so cool to see a young Janet starting out, Don’t Stand Another Chance was actually pretty good, I’m glad she decided to go her own way sonically though. 

We love the Damitallah Jo stanings in here, keep that up :fan:

Universal Music is releasing a Japan-exclusive limited edition "Japanese Singles Collection" compilation of Janet's singles, across 2 CD and a bonus DVD (:rip:).

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-16086

While it's nice, I wish the bonus DVD was a bluray instead as the Unbreakable era music videos + Made For Now (if they're included) would've been at least true high definition quality while the older music videos would've been decent high quality upscales.

2 more weeks to Essence, I look forward to going to the festival for the first time and this will be my 14th Janet show!

So...about Essence, I like big hair Janet and she looks good, but some of those outfits have too much going on. 

And it will ALWAYS be #JusticeForDamitaJo - but it's sad 20 Y.O. was a difficult time in her life. I know circumstances weren't the best with her career and label, but still... :cries:

On 6/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Universal Music is releasing a Japan-exclusive limited edition "Japanese Singles Collection" compilation of Janet's singles, across 2 CD and a bonus DVD (:rip:).

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-16086

While it's nice, I wish the bonus DVD was a bluray instead as the Unbreakable era music videos + Made For Now (if they're included) would've been at least true high definition quality while the older music videos would've been decent high quality upscales.

I hope they atleast include You Want This since Number Ones skipped it.

Also her Japanese singles were the same as everywhere else (except I guess Come On Get Up getting a limited physical release and Enjoy) so I wonder how this will even differ from Number Ones/The Best.

Just A Little While was a radio smasha in Japan so hopefully it will be included. 

22 hours ago, kishi said:

2 more weeks to Essence, I look forward to going to the festival for the first time and this will be my 14th Janet show!

Have fun!!!

She should perform 70s Love Groove for the first time in your honour. :gaynetcat2:

Happy related Birthday Come Back To Me who turned 32 years old ???? ?

Edited by HandsomeGumDrop

Happy related Birthday Throb which turned 28 years old ?????

We're half way through the year and still no sign of anything happening. The way we deluded ourselves into thinking music would come after the documentary. We really ended up looking like Boo Boo the Fools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.