Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, Blumoon said:

I honestly think Beys musical taste kinda ruins her music.  She has amazing vocals but she seems to like to add crass or vulgar moments to music (red lobster line, Monica Lewinsky) or write nonsense (she more cancun he more st tropez?!) to songs that lowkey take em down a notch.

Its like, Bey its okay, you dont need to be the writer, singer and producer.  Let ppl do what they are good at.

That bleeds into the single choices as well. Combined w this attitude of non engagement; she has really crippled her sales over the past decade.

Im sincerely hoping the songwriting is stronger for act 2.  The vocals and production are there already.  Like can yall imagine cuff it being a fun dance song without all the f bombs?  Or Energy w a more comprehensive lyric story?  Im That Girl with lyrics that make sense.

Parkwood is full of yes men.

Beyoncé’s lyrics literally become pop culture zeitgeist staples. the red lobster line literally raised red lobster stock.

If you don’t want the explicit then don’t listen to the explicit?

her sales are fine? Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016? This one is doing fine? Self titled sold 800K world wide in less than a day?

Like? Are y’all good?

Edited by yonsé

• Replies 108.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

3 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Like? Are y’all good?

This.

Renaissance is doing quite well. Esp when the music climate and industry changed since 2013 and 2016. 

I'm not one to police people's opinions but if you think her touch ruins her music why do you stan her :rip: 

This is a fun dance album. Who needs deep lyrics? like sometimes just having fun without thinking is alright. After lemonade, i'm glad to have this break from heavy lyrics.

57 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Nah I personally love when Beyoncé adds her flare to songs. When she doesn’t we get “I was here” and “ Spirit” :dancehall: 

The gift is a great album but Renaissance is top tier pop excellence. Like Questlove said this is her “off the wall”. The only lyrics I sort of have an issue with is on church girl. I think it will all come together with the visuals.

The concern is I don’t want this moment to go to waste with the lack of follow up/promo. She should be the #1 streaming artist or at least female artist on Spotify still yet she isn’t. It’s kind of frustrating.

I Was Here is a great song.  Underrated.  4 will end up being Beys greatest album.

In hindsight I appreciate that they chose the blank album cover opposed to the vinyl version. It really grew on me and that disco horse is truly the centerpiece of this album. The black background really makes you focus on just Bey and the horse as opposed to the other one having a lot more going on.

This piece is such a SERVE ugh

spacer.png

(this is what I thought we were gonna get for the different poses in the box set:rip:)

22 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Beyoncé’s lyrics literally become pop culture zeitgeist staples. the red lobster line literally raised red lobster stock.

If you don’t want the explicit then don’t listen to the explicit?

her sales are fine? Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016? This one is doing fine? Self titled sold 800K world wide in less than a day?

Like? Are y’all good?

In some songs it works: “I woke up like dis…flawless” & “hot sauce in my bag”.  And in some its cringe.

20 minutes ago, jane said:

This is a fun dance album. Who needs deep lyrics? like sometimes just having fun without thinking is alright. After lemonade, i'm glad to have this break from heavy lyrics.

Agreed. I enjoy introspective lyrics but sometimes I just want to something to match or elevate my mood. Ren is perfect for that.  I like that she isn’t taking herself so seriously. Not every song needs to be this masterpiece for music history.

31 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

In some songs it works: “I woke up like dis…flawless” & “hot sauce in my bag”.  And in some its cringe.

You’re entitled to your opinion but if you want boring music there’s other people u can stan sweetie

1 minute ago, yonsé said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but if you want boring music there’s other people u can stan sweetie

I know and I know.  I love Bey and I will say what I feel about her music and lyrics.

So we have coming:

- videos

- documentary

- performances

- tour 

What other things should we be getting?

Edited by simon

3 minutes ago, simon said:

So we have coming:

- performances

Do we? :rip: 

There's nothing lined up until the Grammys. She's not gonna go to the freaking AMAs. 

I can't believe she really missed the BET and VMAs with nothing else in foresight :deadbanana:

She better have something up her sleeve ala Studio 2054 cuz... 

8/20 over on the East Coast

spacer.png

I give her 2 hrs 15 mins to do something until my clock strikes midnight as well :clown:

Lol Beyonce has exceptional taste. Her musical taste ruins the music now lol yall be saying anything Cuz you're frustrated with her hands off approach. 

3 hours ago, Blumoon said:

I honestly think Beys musical taste kinda ruins her music.  She has amazing vocals but she seems to like to add crass or vulgar moments to music (red lobster line, Monica Lewinsky) or write nonsense (she more cancun he more st tropez?!) to songs that lowkey take em down a notch.

Its like, Bey its okay, you dont need to be the writer, singer and producer.  Let ppl do what they are good at.

That bleeds into the single choices as well. Combined w this attitude of non engagement; she has really crippled her sales over the past decade.

Im sincerely hoping the songwriting is stronger for act 2.  The vocals and production are there already.  Like can yall imagine cuff it being a fun dance song without all the f bombs?  Or Energy w a more comprehensive lyric story?  Im That Girl with lyrics that make sense.

Parkwood is full of yes men.

The reach in these comments

and yeahh I can to the bolded. Its called the clean version, which is available on spotify :deadbanana2:

Edited by Jamlon

One of the funny things i notice is that I see some people raving about Renassaince and even it's fun braggy moments, but completely wanted to destroy her went she did the same on more R&B or Hip-hop/rap oriented material. It really shows how shallow people can be and Embrace something if the 'wrapping paper' is different :deadbanana2:

When it comes to visuals, are you guys thinking a collection of videos (BEYONCE) or something more narrative based (LEM, BIK/The Gift)?

On the first couple listens I thought a collection of videos for sure but certain blocks of songs kinda create a bit of a narrative 

4 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I'm not one to police people's opinions but if you think her touch ruins her music why do you stan her :rip: 

Seriously. I know everyone’s down because we have no videos, but why are ya’ll in here tolerating this ridiculous slander?

13 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

When it comes to visuals, are you guys thinking a collection of videos (BEYONCE) or something more narrative based (LEM, BIK/The Gift)?

On the first couple listens I thought a collection of videos for sure but certain blocks of songs kinda create a bit of a narrative 

I don't think there's gonna be a strong narrative like Lemonade but also not entirely separate like the ST videos. Somewhere between that is my guess. They will be interconnected for sure.

4 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

I would categorize the tracklist in these chapters:

Empowerment Theme:

1. i’m that girl

2. Cozy

3. Alien Superstar 

Party but also empowerment:
4. Cuff It

5. Energy

6. Break My soul 

7. Church Girl

Jay-Z love songs:

8. Plastic Off The Sofa

9. Virgo’s Groove

Party #2 but also Cocky attitude:

10. Move

11. Heated

12. Thique

13. All Up In Your Mind

14. America Has A Problem

15. PURE/HONEY

FINALE:

16. Summer Renaissance 

5 hours ago, Blumoon said:

I dont really get the point of not speaking about the work it took you three years to make.  Giving a quick interview w a trusted journalist about your direction.  So many ppl were confused about the sound of the album…I have seen so many tweets of ppl explaining the direction.  To me, thats a marketing miss.  

didn't her IG post already explain all of this?? other than breaking down each song (which is coming on the Japan release)...i think she made her intentions clear on the motivation & direction for the album

Can we be sure we're getting videos for all songs and not only selected songs?

speaking of the clean version of "Cuff It"...i just discovered some additional vocals on the clean version that aren't there on the original

there's an added run following "We gon roll up tonight" @ 3:20

47 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I would categorize the tracklist in these chapters:

Party #2 but also Cocky attitude:

10. Move

11. Heated

12. Thique

13. All Up In Your Mind

14. America Has A Problem

15. PURE/HONEY

FINALE:

16. Summer Renaissance 

This is exactly how I block the album as well, these 5 songs were the ones that made me re-listen and think maybe it’ll be a loose narrative angle in the visuals.

The second part of MOVE (Find me, I don’t need no phone yeah..) is kinda the same attitude given off in HEATED (..a girl to give you space and time like thisTHIQUE and ALL UP IN YOUR MIND then finally her likening herself to a drug in AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM. Definitely could be reaching but that’s how I’ve been listening to the album lately.

Edited by Ari29

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.