Beyoncé

Kisuke

5 minutes ago, simon said:

Bday was horrible! I feel like that album would have sold 1M first week if they went with GMB & Upgrade U.

Dejavu (which has become a cult favorite in hindsight) & RTA had no business being the options lol 

Bday was Beyoncé choosing the singles. Matthew had to set her straight with IASF lol 

• Replies 108.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I honestly think Beys musical taste kinda ruins her music.  She has amazing vocals but she seems to like to add crass or vulgar moments to music (red lobster line, Monica Lewinsky) or write nonsense (she more cancun he more st tropez?!) to songs that lowkey take em down a notch.

Its like, Bey its okay, you dont need to be the writer, singer and producer.  Let ppl do what they are good at.

That bleeds into the single choices as well. Combined w this attitude of non engagement; she has really crippled her sales over the past decade.

Im sincerely hoping the songwriting is stronger for act 2.  The vocals and production are there already.  Like can yall imagine cuff it being a fun dance song without all the f bombs?  Or Energy w a more comprehensive lyric story?  Im That Girl with lyrics that make sense.

Parkwood is full of yes men.

Edited by Blumoon

9 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

(she more cancun he more st tropez?!) to songs that lowkey take em down a notch.

Not you shading the literal best part of the song lol. I always sing that with my full chest.

10 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

write nonsense (she more cancun he more st tropez?!)

what makes this "nonsense" lmao it's a cute line with a clear meaning?

I do think they did well in mitigating the vulgar criticism by doing clean versions. I remember alot of us were listening to the clean version of the album and didn't even notice. I need my curse words. But I don't mind the clean version of Cuff It at all. It'll smash on radio if she ever decides to release it. 

10 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

Im That Girl with lyrics that make sense

Oh nevermind, you just aren't that um.... cultured. :fish1:

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

what makes this "nonsense" lmao it's a cute line with a clear meaning?

After singing about not getting out of line when voting out Trump ?  Its random

2 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

I honestly think Beys musical taste kinda ruins her music.  She has amazing vocals but she seems to like to add crass or vulgar moments to music (red lobster line) or write nonsense (she more cancun he more st tropez?!) to songs that lowkey take em down a notch.

Its like, Bey its okay, you dont need to be the writer, singer and producer.  Let ppl do what they are good at.

That bleeds into the single choices as well. Combined w this attitude of non engagement; she has really crippled her sales over the past decade.

Im sincerely hoping the songwriting is stronger for act 2.  The vocals and production is there already.  Like can yall imagine cuff it being a fun dance song without all the f bombs?  Or Energy w a more comprehensive lyric story?  Im That Girl with lyrics that make sense.

Parkwood is full of yes men.

I can agree to a point because there can be a few moments where the lyric choices feel awkward or just reductive. However, I’d guarantee that without Beyoncé’s musicality and input, a lot of the songs we love wouldn’t sound nearly the same. 

Also, I think Ren was made for the clubs and to feel like more of a release and to just not be so serious, so I don’t mind the explicit lyrics. 

She didn’t take herself so seriously this time around and I appreciate that coming from the deepness of Lem and The Gift.

1 minute ago, satellites.™ said:

Oh nevermind, you just aren't that um.... cultured. :fish1:

I hope thats not implying Im clear lol.  Like Bey says in cozy Im black af…should that make my un American life make sense?  Knockin Basquiats off the Wall is obvi a shout out to Pimpin the Pen but what bout the rest…give me game

2 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

my un American life

I took this as her pointing out that her (and Jay's) success and wealth don't fit the "American life" yt people agenda. she's "un-American" bc she's not a WASP.

23 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

This has been my biggest gripe with her the last few years; the non engagement. I get not wanting everyone in your business but there is a healthy balance that artists have been able to still be elusive yet still give fans something like Taylor and Adele. Do you know how much more viral her TikToks or Instagram would be if she simply posted a video of her just singing along to alien superstar? Something silly like that goes a long way. Lately her social media has just been “beautiful gowns”

She took the Prince approach to far.

Edited by sillycilla

4 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

I can agree to a point because there can be a few moments where the lyric choices feel awkward or just reductive. However, I’d guarantee that without Beyoncé’s musicality and input, a lot of the songs we love wouldn’t sound nearly the same. 

Also, I think Ren was made for the clubs and to feel like more of a release and to just not be so serious, so I don’t mind the explicit lyrics. 

She didn’t take herself so seriously this time around and I appreciate that coming from the deepness of Lem and The Gift.

The Gift was perfect.  

Thats true about Beys musicality.  I know the vocal arrangements are all her.  The stacking harmonies and vocal changes are top tier.

There are a lot of good songs on Ren.  AS, VG, Heated, AHAP…some just suffer from corny lyrics to me.

Y’all listen to songs for lyrics? That’s the last thing I pay attention to. If the production slaps then that’s it for me. I just need to vibe with the song. :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I took this as her pointing out that her (and Jay's) success and wealth don't fit the "American life" yt people agenda. she's "un-American" bc she's not a WASP.

Okay, I see that.

Idk Find Your Way Back, Black Parade, BSG and Already are hard to top Ig.  All great vocal and lyrical moments (minuss ring ring body on Already lol)

Edited by Blumoon

11 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

This has been my biggest gripe with her the last few years; the non engagement. I get not wanting everyone in your business but there is a healthy balance that artists have been able to still be elusive yet still give fans something like Taylor and Adele. Do you know how much more viral her TikToks or Instagram would be if she simply posted a video of her just singing along to alien superstar? Something silly like that goes a long way. 

I dont really get the point of not speaking about the work it took you three years to make.  Giving a quick interview w a trusted journalist about your direction.  So many ppl were confused about the sound of the album…I have seen so many tweets of ppl explaining the direction.  To me, thats a marketing miss.  

Edited by Blumoon

42 minutes ago, simon said:

Bday was horrible! I feel like that album would have sold 1M first week if they went with GMB & Upgrade U.

Dejavu (which has become a cult favorite in hindsight) & RTA had no business being the options lol 

Well you do have a point there.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

The Gift was perfect.  

Thats true about Beys musicality.  I know the vocal arrangements are all her.  The stacking harmonies and vocal changes are top tier.

There are a lot of good songs on Ren.  AS, VG, Heated, AHAP…some just suffer from corny lyrics to me.

Nah I personally love when Beyoncé adds her flare to songs. When she doesn’t we get “I was here” and “ Spirit” :dancehall: 

The gift is a great album but Renaissance is top tier pop excellence. Like Questlove said this is her “off the wall”. The only lyrics I sort of have an issue with is on church girl. I think it will all come together with the visuals.

The concern is I don’t want this moment to go to waste with the lack of follow up/promo. She should be the #1 streaming artist or at least female artist on Spotify still yet she isn’t. It’s kind of frustrating.

Edited by sillycilla

14 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

This has been my biggest gripe with her the last few years; the non engagement. I get not wanting everyone in your business but there is a healthy balance that artists have been able to still be elusive yet still give fans something like Taylor and Adele. Do you know how much more viral her TikToks or Instagram would be if she simply posted a video of her just singing along to alien superstar? Something silly like that goes a long way. Lately her social media has just been “beautiful gowns”

I actually sat and watched LeToya’s whole interview and they kinda touched on this slightly…my takeaway is that she’s more into the mystery of celebrity and doesn’t want to compromise that at all. 

6 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

I actually sat and watched LeToya’s whole interview and they kinda touched on this slightly…my takeaway is that she’s more into the mystery of celebrity and doesn’t want to compromise that at all. 

Well something’s gotta give queen. A video of her on social media isn’t going to ruin the mystery lol. What will happen is she will begin to lose engagement from the general public. It’s like when she refused to put lemonade on streaming and in the long run it set her back. 

I don’t understand in putting all this money/resources into visuals and music for it to not reach the masses? 

2 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Well something’s gotta give queen. A video of her on social media isn’t going to ruin the mystery lol. What will happen is she will begin to lose engagement from the general public. It’s like when she refused to put lemonade on streaming and in the long run it set her back. 

I don’t understand in putting all this money/resources into visuals and music for it to not reach the masses? 

Its a catch 22…her lack of presence on social media is why certain things (ST announcement as an IG post, Renaissance announcement in IG bio) work the way they do. Her making a TikTok being a big deal, the first TikTok post, ect. 

Speaking of TikTok there’s a Cuff IT dance that is low key going viral right now. Bey needs to let us know what the second single is!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.